Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Financial Times:

With two months to go before the US presidential election, former vice-president Joe Biden, the Democratic party’s nominee, is polling ahead of incumbent Republican president Donald Trump in key battleground states, though he has seen his lead narrow in some states since the summer. In Wisconsin, where Mr Trump won by a razor thin margin in 2016, Mr Biden currently holds a 6 point lead. Mr Biden also holds a narrow lead in Arizona, a state only one Democratic presidential candidate has won in the past 70 years. The race is even closer in North Carolina, which has voted Republican in nine out of the last 10 presidential elections, and Florida and Texas, where Covid cases soared during the summer. In these states, the difference in poll numbers between the two men is less than 5 percentage points, suggesting a close race in November.

National polls show Mr Biden at a significant advantage. White seniors in particular, a group that helped propel Mr Trump to victory in 2016, have shown signs of disapproval towards the president's handling of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You got that the wrong way around. Biden stood for a townhall with voters last week, while Trump sat rooted in a chair at his due to his inability to stand without having that weird leaning stance or having a podium to grip on to.

I’ll look up that town hall. I wasn’t aware of that.

Trump is hardly a vision of health I agree but Biden is bet to the ropes - why are we supposed to be shocked that a man of his advanced years is struggling to run for President !?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Pelosi is snookered.

House Republicans have her in a bind .
    Theres a discharge petition in the works to force through the next round of stimulus and if she blocks it house Reps will force a floor vote for speaker of the chair.
    So much for the arrows in her quiver, shes all out of shots and knows it..

When it comes to politics, the Republican and Democrat divide is ever widening its like watching Barcelona play Cabinteely

Bader Ginsberg spent 2 years hanging on to a seat she should really have given up on medical grounds all to spite TRump, and she ended up gifting him one of the best leg-ups he could get in the runup to the election.

If someone can find think of a poliitcal move by the left or Democrats that has worked out well for them in the last 4 years Id like to hear it. I dont think even the Google algorithm could find one.

The Russian collusion fantasy...it fooled a lot of people, in fact it worked so well they tried it on Tulsi Gabbard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I did read the posts and I know what you were responding to but you made the comment "poor job by those states" and I'm just pointing out that deaths per capita should be the metric by which we judge whether or not a poor job has been done. Primarily because keeping the virus away from the weak and vulnerable is what is the objective and looking at case stats is not a good barometer of that. Deaths per capita surely is given they are overwhelmingly the demographic succumbing to this illness.

I'm not disagreeing on using per capita as opposed to absolutes. High population centres got slammed early on as the virus emerged. Using the "it's all the Democrats fault" line is just lazy. New York death rate has plummeted since the initial wave. Today the average daily deaths in New York is 5. Compare that to c.100 in Texas and more on Florida. Unfortunately I expect deaths per capita to increase in republican States in the coming months as they are not suppressing the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ll look up that town hall. I wasn’t aware of that.

Trump is hardly a vision of health I agree but Biden is bet to the ropes - why are we supposed to be shocked that a man of his advanced years is struggling to run for President !?
    I totally disagree.
    Put the two of them beside each other, Trump is a fecking wreck, no wonder with that diet seemingly he exists in mcdonald's and coke... Biden is in amazing shape.

• Advertisement

What are people's opinion on Rassmussen polls, I know they lean toward the Republicans but how bad or accurate are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

gmisk wrote: »
    I totally disagree.
    Put the two of them beside each other, Trump is a fecking wreck, no wonder with that diet seemingly he exists in mcdonald's and coke... Biden is in amazing shape.

It's the weirdest thing about the last 4-6 years, where reality is being turned on it's head so often, in a head to head on being "fit" for president, physically and mentally, Biden is way ahead of Trump, yet it is somehow fine to say Biden isn't fit for president while the incumbent is fine.

I mean, it's not even close, there's no facts that fit the narrative that Trump is ahead of Biden, yet daily, posters will create videos trying to highlight Biden (usually cropped or manipulated), while being completely oblivious of Trump's clear failings.

The danger is that others start believing these lunatics (I think Putin must also have something on Outlaw_Pete for example... :)).

astrofool wrote: »
    It's the weirdest thing about the last 4-6 years, where reality is being turned on it's head so often, in a head to head on being "fit" for president, physically and mentally, Biden is way ahead of Trump, yet it is somehow fine to say Biden isn't fit for president while the incumbent is fine.

I mean, it's not even close, there's no facts that fit the narrative that Trump is ahead of Biden, yet daily, posters will create videos trying to highlight Biden (usually cropped or manipulated), while being completely oblivious of Trump's clear failings.

The danger is that others start believing these lunatics (I think Putin must also have something on Outlaw_Pete for example... :)).

I haven't seen one of those videos can you be more specific, what video that has been posted on this thread has been doctored.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wonder if Trump actually will try to fill the Supreme Court seat so he can challenge the election results and try to win that way...

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1309131222589865984?s=20

Yeah.... he definitely will...

Penn wrote: »
    I wonder if Trump actually will try to fill the Supreme Court seat so he can challenge the election results and try to win that way...

That crowd weren't worried about Covid...fair play, no harm to see leaders facing the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I haven't seen one of those videos can you be more specific, what video that has been posted on this thread has been doctored.

If you haven't seen them, then I won't be highlighting them :) (check back through the thread, and pretty much all the Biden videos are manipulated or out of context).

astrofool wrote: »
    If you haven't seen them, then I won't be highlighting them :) (check back through the thread, and pretty much all the Biden videos are manipulated or out of context).

But you won't point to one even....

Do you think anyone ever doctored a video with Trump in it? Or taken his words out of context?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Radical leftists are so classless. As the President pays his respects in front of Ginsburg's casket they did this.

This kind of despicable behaviour will just garner him more votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh he will not be a happy bunny about that!

Oh he will not be a happy bunny about that!

No harm...he's been facing massive crowds of support every where he has been for ages now...I'd be worried about his ability to keep his humility ;)

No harm...he's been facing massive crowds of support every where he has been for ages now...I'd be worried about his ability to keep his humility ;)

Four years ago he was listening to chants of

"Lock her up"

Now he's hearing chants of

"Vote him out"

That's gotta sting! Maybe the emperor is finally realising he has no new clothes? He looked very despondent there.

Radical leftists are so classless. As the President pays his respects in front of Ginsburg's casket they did this.

Probably not enough to counter-balance the votes he loses any time he's disrespectful to people critical of him who have died, including Ginsburg where he immediately called into question what her family said was her dying wish because it was critical of him (see also John McCain, Elijah Cummings, John Lewis...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

One of the most succinct videos of his entire Presidency.

Let's hope they do vote him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Probably not enough to counter-balance the votes he loses any time he's disrespectful to people critical of him who have died, including Ginsburg where he immediately called into question what her family said was her dying wish because it was critical of him (see also John McCain, Elijah Cummings, John Lewis...)
    Obviously ordinary members of the public should be held to higher standard than the President of the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 9 theraj2020

Had a good chuckle with his response to Harry wishing him the best of luck, he will need it; in regards to him and meghan spouting of on the election......it was exactly my thoughts...feel sorry fir Harry, he has really married a header.

• Advertisement

But chants of "lock her up" were fine :rolleyes:

theraj2020 wrote: »
    Had a good chuckle with his response to Harry wishing him the best of luck, he will need it; in regards to him and meghan spouting of on the election......it was exactly my thoughts...feel sorry fir Harry, he has really married a header.

I think every one knew what he means....poor chap!!!

Another day off for Biden I see....he's probably asking the same question, why bother going all the way to various cities when no one is bothering to turn up?

There was no need to go to Florida, Michigan, North Carolina...no one turned out to see him and he could just have easily had a zoom call with the people we was scheduled to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Of course he will.

Any President that wouldn't try wouldn't deserve the job.

But chants of "lock her up" were fine :rolleyes:

It's disrespectful to her and her family.

What are people's opinion on Rassmussen polls, I know they lean toward the Republicans but how bad or accurate are they?

Considered to over rep Republican, did well enough at the end of the last Pres. election though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Danzy wrote: »

It is what it is, to coin Mr. President himself

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Trump not attending John Lewis' lying in state was also classless- GWB felt it important enough to show up.

Of course he will.

Any President that wouldn't try wouldn't deserve the job.

Any President that would try to ignore the results of the electoral vote of the citizens of the country and instead challenge the result, with no justification despite what he claims as he has absolutely no proof of same, to the Supreme Court, the possible swing vote of which he is currently picking... Nah, someone like that does not deserve the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Do you think Donnie basically calling RBG'S granddaughter a liar a few days ago was disrespectful to her and her family?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement