Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

This is from the Reagan era with Joe Biden (2:07) questioning Thomas Sowell on judicial activism. For context this was during a hearing to appoint a US supreme court judge.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The difference in the campaigning shows enough. Trump is in a different state every single day. The hard slog. Clocking up the mileage ,visiting businesses and meeting the people. Every single day.

So he sits (sleeps?) on a plane, gets off the plane, walks 100 meters to the stage, clings to the podium while he repeats the same lines he has said for the last God knows how many days. He then walks back to the plane and sits (sleeps) for another few hours.
    Biden on the other hand is at home relying on the media and Michael Bloomberg to promote/buy the election for him.

Chalk and cheese.

That would be nice if it were true 2/10 for effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is complete lies...fake news....Biden visited Charlotte yesterday...nobody turned up to the event but that's beside the point....he might as well have stayed at home!!!

In fact I thought that was the plan...keep at home for as long as possible...you know, cause of science!!!

Biden was in Detroit on Monday actually meeting with auto workers. Car factories in the rust belt have closed under Trump despite his promises. Also Trump doesn't meet voters. He just spouts conspiracy theories at them from a stage. And when he does meet voters things tend to go badly wrong such as at the town hall last week. The notion that Biden isn't campaigning is evidently false, he's just not organising large Covid-19 superspreader events like Trump. Which makes sense in the middle of a public health crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden was in Detroit on Monday actually meeting with auto workers. Car factories in the rust belt have closed under Trump despite his promises. Also Trump doesn't meet voters. He just spouts conspiracy theories at them from a stage. And when he does meet voters things tend to go badly wrong such as at the town hall last week. The notion that Biden isn't campaigning is evidently false, he's just not organising large Covid-19 superspreader events like Trump. Which makes sense in the middle of a public health crisis.

Biden was in Charlotte yesterday....for the first time in months...in another swing state....nobody turned up to meet him...and you reakon it's because of covid...why would covid stop people buying and displaying flags in support of Biden? It's always been a huge part of an election campaign.

Do you expect Trump to meet everyone of the millions of people who are out showing support for his Presidency, organizing parades all over the country, attending his rallies?

Biden was in Charlotte yesterday....for the first time in months...in another swing state....nobody turned up to meet him...and you reakon it's because of covid...why would covid stop people buying and displaying flags in support of Biden? It's always been a huge part of an election campaign.

Do you expect Trump to meet everyone of the millions of people who are out showing support for his Presidency, organizing parades all over the country, attending his rallies?

More lies. This is just one day in one county in Michigan

Do you guys ever get tired of spouting nonsense? I would actually expect Trump to meet at least some voters but he doesn't. He just spouts lies from a stage. Biden met actual voters at a black economic summit yesterday.

• Advertisement

You're not being exactly honest, the Biden campaign is pretty much making a point of not running any form of rallies. The photo in this is him meeting business owners for example. Plus the reality is people who are likely to support Biden are gonna abide by pandemic rules.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article245927500.html

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

You're not being exactly honest, the Biden campaign is pretty much making a point of not running any form of rallies. The photo in this is him meeting business owners for example. Plus the reality is people who are likely to support Biden are gonna abide by pandemic rules.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article245927500.html

which explains why the largest number of COVID cases are in Democrat cities. So much for abiding by the rules.

Biden couldnt fill a bingo hall, and if he did he would no doubt gaff his way into oblivion. Thats why his campaign wpnt let him up on a stage for a rally.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    which explains why the largest number of COVID cases are in Democrat cities. So much for abiding by the rules.

Biden couldnt fill a bingo hall, and if he did he would no doubt gaff his way into oblivion. Thats why his campaign wpnt let him up on a stage for a rally.

I know this might come as a shock to you but the most populated urban areas in the US tend to be cities which vote Democrat. Higher density and higher population numbers means higher number of cases in general. However the highest number of Covid-19 cases on a per capita are overwhelmingly in Republican run states. The Top 10 States by number of cases per capita are: Louisiana Florida Mississippi Alabama Arizona Georgia South Carolina Tennessee Iowa Texas. All red republican States. Poor job by those states.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I know this might come as a shock to you but the most populated urban areas in the US tend to be cities which vote Democrat. Higher density and higher population numbers means higher number of cases in general. However the highest number of Covid-19 cases on a per capita are overwhelmingly in Republican run states. The Top 10 States by number of cases per capita are: Louisiana Florida Mississippi Alabama Arizona Georgia South Carolina Tennessee Iowa Texas. All red republican States. Poor job by those states.

Ah you can't be slapping out facts like that, now I'm going to have to read through a couple of pages of whataboutery while they push your post down.

you gotta laugh at looney lefties ..trying to spout nonsense about Democrat action on COVID

Trump enacted his travel ban on China in FEBRUARY of 2020

Democrats held their last Presidential nominee debate in March 16th 2020 and the never ONCE mentioned COVID during it.. not once , check the vid.

Democrat Party cant run a city , and expect the US population to vote for them to run the country.

• Advertisement

Ah you can't be slapping out facts like that, now I'm going to have to read through a couple of pages of whataboutery while they push your post down.

nicely done .. you contributed to pushing the post down

Are you a looney left liberal ?
    Your lack of knowing the consequence of your own actions would make me think so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭francois

nicely done .. you contributed to pushing the post down

Are you a looney left liberal ?
    Your lack of knowing the consequence of your own actions would make me think so ...

Going to answer the point about the cities, or going to indulge in firing off tediously predictable ad homs?

francois wrote: »
    Going to answer the point about the cities, or going to indulge in firing off tediously predictable ad homs?

whats to answer..

I said the highest numbers were in Democrat cities

correct me if im wrong , but Im not .

whats to answer..

I said the highest numbers were in Democrat cities

correct me if im wrong , but Im not .

He did, you are.

you gotta laugh at looney lefties ..trying to spout nonsense about Democrat action on COVID

Democrats held their last Presidential nominee debate in March 16th 2020 and the never ONCE mentioned COVID during it.. not once , check the vid.

Democrat Party cant run a city , and expect the US population to vote for them to run the country.

Any chance you'd address the fact that the top 10 States with Covid-19 cases per capita are all red states? I guess not, just ignore the facts I suppose just like your dear leader.

Ah yes the famous travel ban where tens of thousands of people including Chinese nationals still flew into the United States after the so called ban. Hong Kong and Macau were not included on the list and never have been. Another Trump myth - at best you could call it travel restrictions but a ban? Definitely not.

He did, you are.

really ...
    read slower you might take things in better, and dont be falling so easy for traps laid by posters, your embarassing yourself .

I said the HIGHEST NUMBER .. CALIFORNIA has the highest number .
    QED
    Game Over

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

.. the highest number of Covid-19 cases on a per capita are overwhelmingly in Republican run states. The Top 10 States by number of cases per capita are: Louisiana Florida Mississippi Alabama Arizona Georgia South Carolina Tennessee Iowa Texas. All red republican States. Poor job by those states.

Deaths per capita is the only number that really matters and the top Six states in that regard are: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Louisiana, Rhode Island, and only one of those are red.

Nice try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

really ...
    read slower you might take things in better, and dont be falling so easy for traps laid by posters, your embarassing yourself .

QED
    Game Over

At most, all you did was demonstrate that California has a large population. Not exactly something for you to be gloating about.

Guys its been over 3 years , ye should be over it be now .

Ye still seem tetchy that Trump won 30 STATES.

Shes not coming back, she has a new boyfriend .

Deaths per capita is the only number that really matters and the top Six states in that regard are: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Louisiana, Rhode Island, and only one of those are red.

Nice try though.

Thanks for joining in. If you read the posts (which you obviously didn't) I was responding to a poster who claimed the highest number of CASES were in Democratic areas. Maybe you should understand the context before jumping in. Thanks for your whataboutery though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

More lies. This is just one day in one county in Michigan

Do you guys ever get tired of spouting nonsense? I would actually expect Trump to meet at least some voters but he doesn't. He just spouts lies from a stage. Biden met actual voters at a black economic summit yesterday.

Why do I get the impression anyone who doesn't agree with you is spouting nonsense or lies?

I love the start of that tweet..."Anyone who doesn't think there any energy for the democrats in Michigan....", seems like we aren't the only one's who have noticed it!!!!

What is mad is that the first people who would have noticed the complete lack of energy and support for Biden would be journalists!!! Why aren't they reporting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Nice try though.

I would say that cases per capita is more useful, given the differences in how deaths are recorded. Recording cases is more consistent.

By that metric, you get Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Much like the other thread, every second post seems to be childish name calling and ad hominem attacks, rather than discussion. From here on in I'm thread banning anyone not engaging in good faith.

really ...

QED
    Game Over

California is the most populous state in the US with a population of 40m and it has 797k confirmed cases. Texas is the second most populous state with a population of 29m and 756k confirmed cases. Texas has more cases per capita. Dealing in absolutes doesn't give the full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The difference in the campaigning shows enough. Trump is in a different state every single day. The hard slog. Clocking up the mileage ,visiting businesses and meeting the people. Every single day.

Biden on the other hand is at home relying on the media and Michael Bloomberg to promote/buy the election for him.

Chalk and cheese.

I’m no fan of trump but as a casual observer this is what I see too.

Trump is elderly BUT he is doing the hard yards, he’s like a bulldozer with a wrecking ball attached.

He’s a pit bull who lives for confrontation. We all know this. He relishes divisiveness.

Old man Biden is only fit for the nursing home sorry now but it’s a JOKE that the Dems went with this aul lad.

They had 4 effin years to get someone.

Low energy is an understatement. Sleepy joe as trump calls him.

As someone said earlier in the thread joe is barely able to stand unless he’s holding the podium for dear life

I’m not a doctor but from watching videos online joe clearly has communication/memory issues.

He gets confused and talks gibberish (yes trump does too but seems more with it to me).

What do the Biden ppl think is going to happen when he debates trump!?

It won’t be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why have they the most cases and deaths in the world so?

Pelosi is snookered.

House Republicans have her in a bind .
    Theres a discharge petition in the works to force through the next round of stimulus and if she blocks it house Reps will force a floor vote for speaker of the chair.
    So much for the arrows in her quiver, shes all out of shots and knows it..

When it comes to politics, the Republican and Democrat divide is ever widening its like watching Barcelona play Cabinteely

Bader Ginsberg spent 2 years hanging on to a seat she should really have given up on medical grounds all to spite TRump, and she ended up gifting him one of the best leg-ups he could get in the runup to the election.

If someone can find think of a poliitcal move by the left or Democrats that has worked out well for them in the last 4 years Id like to hear it. I dont think even the Google algorithm could find one.

Why do I get the impression anyone who doesn't agree with you is spouting nonsense or lies?

You claimed that people weren't buying or displaying Biden signs. That's evidently false. If you come out with verifiable nonsense expect to get called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Thanks for joining in. If you read the posts (which you obviously didn't) I was responding to a poster who claimed the highest number of CASES were in Democratic areas. Maybe you should understand the context before jumping in. Thanks for your whataboutery though.

I did read the posts and I know what you were responding to but you made the comment "poor job by those states" and I'm just pointing out that deaths per capita should be the metric by which we judge whether or not a poor job has been done. Primarily because keeping the virus away from the weak and vulnerable is what is the objective and looking at case stats is not a good barometer of if that has been accomplished. Deaths per capita surely is given that they are overwhelmingly the demographic who are succumbing to this illness.

• Advertisement

As someone said earlier in the thread joe is barely able to stand unless he’s holding the podium for dear life

You got that the wrong way around. Biden stood for a townhall with voters last week, while Trump sat rooted in a chair at his due to his inability to stand without having that weird leaning stance or having a podium to grip on to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement