Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He was supposed to have been destroyed by Bernie Sanders in the Democratic debate. That didn't happen either. I'm guessing the talking points after the debate on Tuesday will consist of:

- he was on drugs,
    - Chris Wallace gave Biden the questions beforehand and/or asked him softball questions,
    - Chris Wallace has always disliked Trump and asked Trump harder questions,

Any other guesses?

I'll be expecting a video of Biden, carefully edited just like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He was supposed to have been destroyed by Bernie Sanders in the Democratic debate. That didn't happen either. I'm guessing the talking points after the debate on Tuesday will consist of:

- he was on drugs,
    - Chris Wallace gave Biden the questions beforehand and/or asked him softball questions,
    - Chris Wallace has always disliked Trump and asked Trump harder questions,

Any other guesses?

I would imagine it will go something like Trump walking on stage. Composed , confident and in control of the room.
    Biden will wander in, possibly walk to the wrong side, ask the moderator to speak louder and repeat questions. Possibly go off on a tangent talking about skateboards or something of that nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Honestly...how are Spitting Image not around in this day and age!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I think the issue is no one is interested in his campaign...a much worse problem.

Biden brings zero energy that's his main issue, well that and getting out of his bunker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I would imagine it will go something like Trump walking on stage. Composed , confident and in control of the room.
    Biden will wander in, possibly walk to the wrong side, ask the moderator to speak louder and repeat questions. Possibly go off on a tangent talking about skateboards or something of that nature.

Come on mannnnnnn!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Honestly...how are Spitting Image not around in this day and age!!!
    Biden brings zero energy that's his main issue, well that and getting out of his bunker.

Strange then how the polls are in Bidens favour at this point. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I presume you're taking the piss at this stage. Well played. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DJTrump

Trump is doing a tremendous job. Forget about sleepy Joe. #4moreyears #USA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DJTrump wrote: »

Hes got 4 more months...thats it.

DJTrump wrote: »

200,000 Covid Deaths
    Highest unemployment rate in centuries
    Reversal of Environment Protection Measures
    Empowerment of Russia in interfering in external affairs
    US unity at lowest level in most of our life times.

How exactly is he doing a tremendous job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The fact that Biden is polling so well despite not trying to be the center of attention all the time just shows how unpopular Trump is. It would also be silly to change course at this point. Right now, it's what, This is a referendum on Trump and Trump and his fans don't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I took the bait? If you are able to read, you'll see I never took any bait, I asked for help.

I asked for help spotting how a video could be doctored and a poster pointed it out to me....I haven't suggested that I don't believe that videos can be doctored...I'd imagine it is rampant...both sides are at it.

I witnessed a video edited and circulated by media back in June, when Trump was accused of saying that George Floyd would be looking down and saying this is a great thing for our country - regarding the better than expected jobs figures....

This was the headline in The Guardian but I saw this happening real time at least 12 media organisations published the edited video.

Revolting - Trump condemned for saying George Floyd is praising the US economy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/trump-george-floyd-comments-economy-unemployment

The video that was circulated in Irish media was edited as well and reported the same way...he did not mention George Floyd whilst speaking about job figures at all they edited the video to make it look like he did.

I don't know why you think I've been found out or some such...I have repeatedly suggested on this website that no media outlet can be trusted, absolutely none.

I have posted a tiny few videos of thousands of Supporters at Trump rallies all over the country, I'd love you to point out one that is doctored...

The mask has well and truly slipped.

Do you at least agree that Biden is much more able, physically and mentally, than Trump? Ignoring the policy differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

200,000 Covid Deaths
    Highest unemployment rate in centuries
    Reversal of Environment Protection Measures
    Empowerment of Russia in interfering in external affairs
    US unity at lowest level in most of our life times.

How exactly is he doing a tremendous job?

"Owning the libs". That's all they have.

The fact that Biden is polling so well despite not trying to be the center of attention all the time just shows how unpopular Trump is. It would also be silly to change course at this point. Right now, it's what, This is a referendum on Trump and Trump and his fans don't like that.

Biden is campaigning smart, Trump is campaigning dumb, getting caught today with a mask on, at a funeral of someone he disparaged, and getting shouted out, was his Sepp Blatter shower of money moment.

He's going to get even more deranged now, the obfuscation and lies from his supporters will increase.

The best part is that the Trumpists are convinced that Biden will be a drooling demented mess at the debate on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to the talking points that they'll come up with on Wednesday morning.

It'll be like what happened after the town halls.

astrofool wrote: »
    The mask has well and truly slipped.

Do you at least agree that Biden is much more able, physically and mentally, than Trump? Ignoring the policy differences.

What mask...what are you on about?

I'll put it to you this way...Biden has had accusations of being drugged to pep him up a bit...but from what I can see, its Trump who must be on something...I don't know any man that age that can do what he is doing...Mick Jagger maybe!!!

He's going to get even more deranged now, the obfuscation and lies from his supporters will increase.

That has been true for every moment of his presidency. It's only a matter of time before he and his supporters go full QAnon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Joe Biden endorsed, Trump excoriated by nearly 500 retired top military, national security officials

WASHINGTON – Nearly 500 generals, admirals and former national security officials from both parties endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, and blasted President Donald Trump as "not equal" to the challenges of the job in a letter released Thursday.

The letter, signed by 489 members of the group called the National Security Leaders for Biden, includes former Obama administration Defense Secretaries Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel and Leon Panetta, along with former Navy Secretary and NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe, who served under both former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush. Among the retired senior officers is Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who until last year was the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump.

I'll put it to you this way...Biden has had accusations of being drugged to pep him up a bit...but from what I can see, its Trump who must be on something...I don't know any man that age that can do what he is doing...Mick Jagger maybe!!!

While that post sounds perfectly sane, I should point out that there was, in fact, a mask.

While that post sounds perfectly sane, I should point out that there was, in fact, a mask.

What mask? :confused:

• Advertisement

So, Biden is more able, physically and mentally (ignoring the lies), than Trump, and Trump is probably on drugs, but is somehow still worse than Biden? Or do you think Trump + drugs is more able than Biden, despite all factual evidence to the contrary?

So, Biden is more able, physically and mentally (ignoring the lies), than Trump, and Trump is probably on drugs, but is somehow still worse than Biden? Or do you think Trump + drugs is more able than Biden, despite all factual evidence to the contrary?

Did that make anyone else dizzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Hopefully that will translate to a Biden win in November, but the fact that Hilary was ahead in the polls in the 2016 election concerns me. That said, in the end I think it was revealed that Trump didn't actually beat her by much. Surely the Americans wouldn't vote him in again...would they?

Did that make anyone else dizzy?

Biden is mentally and physically more able for president than Trump, fact, the Biden videos trying to show otherwise are generally out of context or edited to look bad, fact.

Hopefully no dizziness this time.

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Hopefully that will translate to a Biden win in November, but the fact that Hilary was ahead in the polls in the 2016 election concerns me. That said, in the end I think it was revealed that Trump didn't actually beat her by much. Surely the Americans wouldn't vote him in again...would they?

Clinton's lead wasn't as large as Biden's and there were many more undecided voters (4% now v 13% then). Quin_Dub has posted about this a few times. 80,000 votes or so made the difference.

Given all the talk from Trump about voter fraud, I'm guessing that the internal polling that he's getting is bad. If it was pointing to victory, he wouldn't be casting so much doubt on it.

Still, it's possible for him to win. It all comes down to certain states so it's the state polling that people need to be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

. . . .
    The letter, signed by 489 members of the group called the National Security Leaders for Biden, includes former Obama administration Defense Secretaries Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel and Leon Panetta, along with former Navy Secretary and NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe, who served under both former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush. Among the retired senior officers is Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who until last year was the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump.

What exactly do they mean by national security? Does that mean defending US borders or crossing other countries borders? Isn't national security just a euphemism for the media military industrial complex foreign interventions? It seems to me that Biden is courting the permanent government (aka the Deep State) rather than Democrat voters.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think the issue is no one is interested in his campaign...a much worse problem.

Not necessarily a problem when the other half shoots himself in the foot every time though.

This was always going to be a referendum on Trump, no matter who the candidate was.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Not necessarily a problem when the other half shoots himself in the foot every time though.

This was always going to be a referendum on Trump, no matter who the candidate was.

It's become a referendum on Trump because there is no other candidate...a Bernie Sanders v Trump campaign would look a lot different to this one!!!! If you are honest, you know this to be true.

There is a reason nobody is coming out to support Biden and it ain't covid.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's become a referendum on Trump because there is no other candidate...a Bernie Sanders v Trump campaign would look a lot different to this one!!!! If you are honest, you know this to be true.

Actually no, this was always going to be a referendum on Trump.

If it was Sanders vs Trump then absolutely the campaign is different, but moderates don’t jump to the progressive side so easily unless the other option is horrendous, ergo referendum.

• Advertisement

If you are honest, you know that Trump doesn't come close to Biden in terms of who has the more integrity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement