Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

poor Meghan tho

wont somebody PLEASE think of Harry & Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't know how criticizing Hollywood elite or royalty could be described as 'punching down'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Cordell

Royalty? She's no royal, and apparently if we believe the rumors, neither is he. As for Will and his wife who sent him to punch another man for a mere joke, they deserve whatever they get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Your persona for years on this site was that you were a child molester who kidnapped Madeline McCann (evidence below). It’s a bit rich that you’re giving it the big “think of the children” stuff now.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/58295324/#Comment_58295324

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A comment from 15 years ago! Imagine being desperate enough to trawl that far through someone's post history to find something like that.

• Advertisement

How would you even find a post from 3 years before you first registered on site?

I'm lost, PCBH. I haven't made any vague statements. I have been very upfront. My previous post has nothing vague to it - it's just a summing up of the position I expressed in previous posts. What have I said that's vague? You haven't highlighted anything like that. You did say "Your last two lines are irrelevant and I've come to fact that you haven't seen any of these and instead are creating lurid scenes in your head to pass off as fact. Evidence? Wild claim, nothing to do with topic and going for the moral high hourse" which was just a lie (and bizarre). I referred to the very photos that have been shared, and which I shared again in my last post.

Where's your explanation of the "killing creativity" comment? You said "You've gone full circle now - killing creativity because your sensitivities have been offended, and passing it off as possessing higher morals that the others. You've gone woke". How did they "kill creativity" by just talking about something on the internet? You also alluded to people wanting this banned. Nobody said they want it banned - just not shown to toddlers.

Wearing a g-string and nothing else but stripper stilletoes, and dancing, is of course erotic. Ditto wearing a fetish outfit and dancing. It's extremely disingenuous to state that there's nothing sexy about it. I mean it's exactly what you'd see in a strip club. And that's just not appropriate for toddlers - obviously. The video of it shows the thong guy strutting around with his ass cheeks on show but it's NSFW to share.

If it were women, anyone would be "wtf? They're strippers". But because they're guys, "must pretend it's no big deal that young children are brought to it because otherwise we wouldn't look cool", accompanied by bizarre reaches, arguing for the sake of it, misrepresenting and lies.

I don't get bothered by drag queens entertaining kids - it's not sexual in plenty of contexts, but this is not for kids whether drag artists or anyone else.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

No? Who said they were? I think videos like WAP should be for adults only.

What did she do that's so dreadful?

I see masses of appalling abuse of her but nobody actually says why.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭thegame983

There's a different thread about H&M.

This is a thread for mocking the woke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Quoting you:

1 - The intention of CDS isn't to be sexy and raunchy.

(So what?)

2 - *Very* dangerous is stepping out in front of a car, overdosing, going for a swim in the sea during a heavy storm.

(Not relevant - danger doesn't have to be physical)

3 - Just keep adult stuff for over 18s.

(Not relevant)

(I was quoting the one about thongs and stilletos, but that was before i say the photo).

I've explained the killing-creativity one twice, but it wasn't meant at you personally, it was meant at people who claimed 'woke' was doing it.

NOT everything this is used in fetish IS AUTOMATICALLY fetish. You need to spend some time at a kinky sex club if youcthing this is raunchy.

I'm done here - you keep saying the same thing over and over again, asking for explanations of things I've explained more than once, and ignoring questions. And DON'T ask 'what questions?' you know or can esaily find out and I've wasted eough time waiting for you to answer them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's a completely separate issue that deserves its own thread. When songs like WAP win 21 awards, there's something not right going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the ones I find attractive to continue putting these videos out. Just don't think it's good for the youth, ya know? But, separate thread needed. Along with fashion...

Today’s Doodle honors International Women’s Day by celebrating many ways in which women support women. The vignettes within each “GOOGLE” letter highlight just a few of the many areas in which women around the world support each other to progress and improve each other's quality of life.

Women in positions of influence who advocate for progress across issues central to the lives of women everywhere. Women who come together to explore, learn, and rally for their rights. Women who are primary caregivers to people of all walks of life. Women who are critical support systems for each other in motherhood.

In honor of women across the globe who are supporting each other across all aspects of life — Happy International Women’s Day!

Not very inclusive Google shame on you! It's birthingpersonhood google, not motherhood! Not all women can be mothers and not all mothers are women!

You're complaining because Google isn't "woke" enough, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

I kept seeking clarification because I genuinely misunderstood you (and you seem to have misunderstood me also). You said I was being vague - eh, no I very much wasn't. You said I was off topic. No I wasn't.

CDS isn't like a strip show, that's why I questioned your comparison. But it turns out that that particular CDS show is over 18s anyway.

I gave the opinion that your use of "very dangerous" was hyperbolic in that scenario. Which it is. It's not "very dangerous" to view the show in question as sexy and raunchy, seeing as it is. I don't think they thought "let's sexualise kids" but it's not a show for those kids either. It's likely just the standard "let's have no boundaries because we're cool parents" but no, there should be boundaries.

Not sure what's so ambiguous about my comment regarding keeping adult stuff for adults. You were the one who alluded to people wanting this banned and to kill creativity, and that's what I was responding to: nobody wants it banned or to kill creativity - they just don't think it's for young kids.

It's not ironic to have a problem with toddlers being brought to a show with dudes hanging upside down in a thong and strutting around with his bum cheeks on show, and then to complain about "wokeness". It would be ironic if they wanted an outright ban on scantily clad drag shows full stop.

Of course this is nothing like a full-on fetish club (I never compared it to one) but it's still erotic, and the anger at people who disagree with toddlers being brought to it as if that's a really unreasonable, shocking view to have... is bizarre (when it's genuine anger, and not just arguing for the sake of arguing).

I don't care if I'm saying the same thing over and over - that's what people do when their point is wilfully not being taken on board, and I don't appreciate the way you misrepresented me by saying I made stuff up when I didn't (all you had to do was scroll up a few posts to see the photos). I apologise if I do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

RTE news : Ex-Lord Mayor denies discriminating against campaigner

http://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0308/1360977-spaghetti-wrc/

Bizarre, but I can see what they're at. Hard to see why one would spend so much time and money at this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"I can't be bigoted, some of my best friends are [x]..."

That's the problem with the The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it has no problematic tenets so it doesn't need protection from any freedom of religion laws to be able to preach horrible things.

• Advertisement

Honestly, instead of falsely claiming over and over again that people are deliberately misinterpreting you, you might go a lot further if you just admit that you are wrong from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wokeism of the day: Admit you're wrong even when you don't believe your're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wokeism of the day: post what you think is woke and then fail to comprehend the concept of people disagreeing with you...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Admit you're wrong when you did nothing wrong - gas-lighting is the term for that.

Aye. I didn't like that stuff back then either (the poster was always a sound fella but I didn't like the really really bad-taste humour) however it was 15 years ago - people change. Give me changing for the better over 15 years any day rather than being a perfectly nice person back then, and gradually becoming weirdly nasty - and singling out people to harangue - for no reason.

Oh they'd be fine with kids. It's just contrarianism. Every one of them knows toddlers don't belong at the show in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Fascinating. I must have bookmarked the wrong thread because I seem to be looking at a playground fight over nothing.

"So you admit to making it up.

Your last two lines are irrelevant and I've come to fact that you haven't seen any of these and instead are creating lurid scenes in your head to pass off as fact. Evidence? Wild claim, nothing to do with topic and going for the moral high hourse" - big huge lie. So yes, misrepresentation. I'm not wrong, I'm right. 😊

Forthcoming apology accepted!

Why do you have to be so obnoxiously sneery? You do this "nice guy" thing for a bit, then the mask slips. You really cannot cope with just being disagreed with (I don't mean being verbally abused or trolled or bullied or misrepresented by the disingenuous types here - I just mean being disagreed with, no matter how politely). Leg End wrote a perfectly polite post - now normally your responses are essays, but you just threw her a dismissive handwave. That's just spiteful.

• Advertisement

Playground scraps are actually unsuitable for children because some people find wrestling sexually provocative.

That’s how it works now: just invent that something is erotic, therefore it’s unsuitable for children, and anyone who disagrees with you is twisting your words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement