Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options
1396397398399400402»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

I didn't ask what is 'different' about her though, did I?

I asked what is 'interesting' as you inferred that she had something interesting in her life.

I guess people allegedly touching her curly hair is interesting to someone? You, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

But didn't Diana Ross say if you reach out and touch someones hair it would make the world a better place, or did I pick that up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Her early school days were chronicled by diversity or the lack thereof. "In my classes, the diversity is very low. For example, I’ve never had a teacher or a lecturer that wasn’t white."

Maybe that's because she was in Ireland where most of the people were (and still are) white.

You sound like you're traumatised because not enough people want to touch you hair.

Will somebody please write an article about this?!? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Nope, not interesting to me, but not woke either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You sound like you're traumatised because not enough people want to touch you hair.

Yes, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭DeadHand

How dare we be so white on the same tiny island we've occupied for thousands of years.

The USA is very diverse, look how calm and happy they are!

Sweden has diversified massively in the last few years, look how well that is going!

France is much more diverse than boring old Ireland, what an exciting place it is lately!

I'm surprised that thousands are flooding through our de facto open borders weekly considering our staleness.

Good thing the influx is unvetted or it may slow down the process!

It's great that pioneers from dozens of mega nations numbering in the 100s of millions are flooding in to diversify this hum drum little nation of 5 odd million, we need to protect minorities!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That quote is the nub of articles like this

Reducing people to skin colour - which is at the heart of so much of diversity and inclusion - is racism, ultimately. Similar stuff about how she was being asked about her family and criticised that because of her black background. But Irish intrusiveness is just curiosity - but this person can't see beyond her own skin colour unfortunately.

It's what makes the article so worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭suvigirl

But Irish intrusiveness is just curiosity

😂😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

What intrusiveness?

You're making things up now to suit your agenda. That's silly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Things that are different are usually interesting. If you go to other superficially ethnically homogenous places and look different the people there will be curious too.

And more generally on how is it woke the article includes woke buzzwords like "micro-aggression" or "intersectionality."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Overlord

Did you read the article? Microaggressions, racism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had roaring red hair as a child. Everyone touched it. Now I have barely any head hair, but a lovely big red beard. People always want to touch it, and a lot do without asking. If I went to Japan, there's a good chance I'd be bombarded by people wanting to touch my beard. Wouldn't call them racist or doing micro-aggressions (I HATE that term). I have a red headed friend who had to travel to the opposite side of Canada to get away from an obsessed boiler-bunny level Canadiasian. I never had a red-haired teacher.

But, I've to just accept it. No articles for me. Tough aul life I have... :rolleyes:

Overlord

I have submitted this post to thejournal.ie, so you might get your article yet. Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Noice. But I'm gonna get them to blur out my face and change my voice. Don't want to be famous like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Strangely the most red , and mean red , heads i saw was in China. I would never have guessed that red hair was common in China !

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭thegame983

A friend of mine is Polish.

The first time I met him I noticed he had an Eastern European accent. I asked him where he was from.

He said Poland.

He still hasn't recovered from this traumatic event.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod:-

Thread is closed pending mod review.

Hey everyone,

Firstly thank you all for your patience. 

We have now had a review of the thread as a team. 

Briefly, the thread has strayed a long way from its original premise. 

The content posted here regularly falls far short of light hearted discussion, which is the purpose of AH, as per the charter. 

It generates a disproportionate amount of reports relative to the time required to moderate it - while keeping up with moderation work both in AH and other parts of boards. 

While this may be disappointing to some, we have taken a decision as a team, that the thread will not be reopened. 

Thanks

AH Mods

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement