Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

1990sman wrote:
    drugs are bad mmmkay

Sugar can kill you to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

People on cocaine would bore the bollocks of you. Aside from that, using it supports the destruction of people's lives and the environment. Ugly stuff.

GazzaL wrote:
    People on cocaine would bore the bollocks of you. Aside from that, using it supports the destruction of people's lives and the environment. Ugly stuff.

I find many drug users boring as fcuk to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd argue there's many more than many using drugs and having no negative effect, and most likely a positive effect than anything, you just don't know because they seem "normal". Elon Musk, The Beatles, Charles Dickins, Freud, Stephen King, and on and on. You only ever hear of the bad stories, never the good ones. It's a akin to saying all Gardai are corrupt because of the few who are, or that all people living in a social council estate are scumbags.

Coke is fine, but as I say in every coke related thread (of which there are quite a few), it's about how you take it. People want to be Tony Montana and dive face first into a mountain of coke, but when it costs about €80/g, you'd want to be as rich as Scarface to be able to do that.

I don't do it that much anymore. I'm 37 and basically stopped drinking 4 years ago, aside from 2 or 3 sesh's for weddings and a gig. Take a small line, peps you up, keeps you awake, keeps you drinking, keeps you having fun. Snort too much, and it goes into locked jaw and anger stages. I lost use of the left side of my face one night from too much. But, a little line (or bump) every now and then is grand.

Saying that, I don't have a very addictive personality, so I don't think it's addictive, however I have a few mates who got addicted to it. Took them a while to get off it, but they were shovelling it up their noses.

Don't agree with your weed sentiment, only negative stoners I've encountered (and I was a very heavy smoker up to 2/3 months ago) are the ones who think they can handle it and subsequently pull a whitey (get sick) every. single. time. The rest are pure relaxed, great craic. But like every drug (including alcohol and caffeine), some people just don't mix with it.

Says coke is fine. Gives you a pep in your step.

In the same post says he lost the use of the left hand side of his face.

I don't know your fine versus mine. But might be a bit of a newsflash for ya buddy. That's not good.

Only ever met spanners on coke who think they are Pepped steps but are simply talking absolute ****e and quite evidently displaying they are on coke even if they think no one knows. Might as well wear a hat that says I just bumped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

"I think an important question also is why some posters feel a need to post fantastical fairytales of their misadventures on anonymous forums. Suggests a yearning to feel wanted, for others to see you as endearing. Perhaps have a deep think about where you are in life and what leads you down this path. Possibly seek professional help etc."

Sorry Freud...
    As a Ladyboy said to me in Thailand 'Try it, you might like it'....
    I didn't....

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote:
    Sorry Freud... As a Ladyboy said to me in Thailand 'Try it, you might like it'.... I didn't....

Didn't get a chance to chat to one, but I was being eyed up, guess I lost out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Nothing wrong with a bit of cocaine sure you can't party all night without it!

MDMA is a far nicer buzz and you can definitely party all night on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance to chat to one, but I was being eyed up, guess I lost out

What's the attraction of ladyboys. *Shivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

GazzaL wrote: »

They would and they do.... ive never taken it ever but have been in the company of those who have and jesus... you can have some craic with a pisshead or most of them... a cokehead on the other hand... jeeez.. full on twatsville.

What's the attraction of ladyboys. *Shivers.

Always wondered that myself, creeped me out to be honest, interesting experience though and place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Empties your bank account, shrinks your dick and turns you into a gameshow host.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dasdog

With the weather and soil conditions Psilocybin will probably be the drug that is 'everywhere'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I thought there would be a coke shortage due to C19 and the lockdown.

dasdog wrote:
    With the weather and soil conditions Psilocybin will probably be the drug that is 'everywhere'.

Maybe soil itself could eventually become the drug of choice

I thought there would be a coke shortage due to C19 and the lockdown.

Ha, if atomic bombs start dropping, we ll have illegal drugs before food, heard there was a dry of weed early covid though

dasdog wrote: »

Do you think people will go walking the fields for a freebie ???
    They'll give 80-100 euros for a short europhic feeling though ...
    Having said that I haven't touched them in years, and I wont be ( much as enjoyed them)....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Theres cocaine in it....! Oh no, not cocaine....raisins.

4Ad wrote: »
    Do you think people will go walking the fields for a freebie ???
    They'll give 80-100 euros for a short europhic feeling though ...
    Having said that I haven't touched them in years, and I wont be ( much as enjoyed them)....

There's a price on them now - I really am out of touch. Part of the experience is locating.

dasdog wrote: »
    There's a price on them now - I really am out of touch. Part of the experience is locating.

There was plenty in East Clare, but haven't searched in a long time !
    Maybe I could make a few bob off them !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Empties your bank account, shrinks your dick and turns you into a gameshow host.

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

You're talking about drug dealers, I'm talking about drug users.

The drug dealers only exist because there is a demand. If there was no demand they would go elsewhere.

Come down hard on the recreational users of drugs. Give someone a 1,000 Euro fine for possession of personal quantities of drugs. On the spot fines, like we do with other offences... no wasting time in court trials. Just hit them in the pocket HARD.

And bring in other punishments too, like maybe suspend their driving licence for 6 months and put them on register/database so current or prospective employers can see which employees have potentially disruptive drug taking habits.

There are lots of things you can do to make drug taking unappealing to the average person. And if you achieve that, then the demand for drugs will plummet very quickly.

Legalizing or decriminalizing drugs is not the answer. You will create generations of people with varying degrees of dependency on multiple drugs, which will be simply adding to the problems we already have with alcohol etc in this country. It would be a disaster!

People who suggest such solutions, are not really thinking through the long term consequences of such decisions. They are only thinking about the short term goal of getting rid of drug dealers/gangs.

Haven't we recently changed the law regarding personal use. Am I right to say you can't be charged in court the first 2 times you're caught with small amounts. So we appear to be doing the opposite of what u suggest.
    How do u know legalisation WILL be a disaster, have u a crystal ball. Why not try it for a couple of years, if your prediction is accurate then revert to prohibition. Let's not knock it 'til we try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Because the fall out of ‘trying’ it could be catastrophic. The affects of an over prevalence of other class A drugs in society is huge.

From 2010 - 2015... drugs cost the state approximately 1 billion.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/revealed-cost-of-drugs-crisis-has-been-1bn-over-past-five-years-34179535.html

Drug Addiction is a major expense and burden on the tax payer, health services, families and criminal justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Haven't we recently changed the law regarding personal use. Am I right to say you can't be charged in court the first 2 times you're caught with small amounts. So we appear to be doing the opposite of what u suggest.
    How do u know legalisation WILL be a disaster, have u a crystal ball. Why not try it for a couple of years, if your prediction is accurate then revert to prohibition. Let's not knock it 'til we try it.

I don't need a crystal ball, when we have been "trying" the legalization method with one of the most dangerous and insidious drugs ever created for generations now - alcohol - and this method clearly hasn't worked for that particular drug.

Just look at the huge damage that alcohol has done to families and communities for generations now. And continues to do.

Now, some of you want to throw a few more highly addictive and life altering substances into that big melting pot... and sure just "see what happens". :rolleyes:

No thanks. I'm smart enough to know what happens.

It's a dumb idea. It's not woke, it's not progressive... it's just foolish.

And those who talk about places such as Portugal etc. Don't be so certain that everything is as rosy in those particular places as is being reported. It can take many years - maybe even generations - before you see the full consequences of such measures.

They are essentially carrying out a live experiment on their own populations... good luck to them, but I don't think it will end very well tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You could be dropped into the remotest part of Ireland and within 20 mins you could have collection arrange.

The war on drugs has been a total and utter waste of time, money and resources.

Without a war on drugs you'd have it off the pharmacy counter in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

In Portugal where they decriminalized all drugs. Drug use went down more people seek help. In Switzerland where heroin is legal people are stopping taking it at tremendous levels.

Switzerland provides heroin as a mode of treatment run alongside harm reduction, health promotion, needle exchanges primarily to target IV drug users where other treatments have failed or difficult for the addict to engage with.

Speed is 15% of the price and does the opposite and can be used as a tool - cocaine is lazy, expensive and mind numbingly boring and moar.

I don't need a crystal ball, when we have been "trying" the legalization method with one of the most dangerous and insidious drugs ever created for generations now - alcohol - and this method clearly hasn't worked for that particular drug.

Just look at the huge damage that alcohol has done to families and communities for generations now. And continues to do.

Now, some of you want to throw a few more highly addictive and life altering substances into that big melting pot... and sure just "see what happens". :rolleyes:

No thanks. I'm smart enough to know what happens.

It's a dumb idea. It's not woke, it's not progressive... it's just foolish.

And those who talk about places such as Portugal etc. Don't be so certain that everything is as rosy in those particular places as is being reported. It can take many years - maybe even generations - before you see the full consequences of such measures.

They are essentially carrying out a live experiment on their own populations... good luck to them, but I don't think it will end very well tbh.
    I don't agree that people who support the War on Drugs are smart on this topic. I'm convinced they've been brainwashed by the prohibitionist propaganda which rarely, if ever, gets challenged by a compliant and incompetent media, always talking about the misery, suffering etc while ignoring the elephant in the room ENJOYMENT, that's the reason coke exists, nobody tricks or forces u to take it, over 99% of people who take it do NOT die from it and u have to be infinitely more dumb to support prohibition, when and where has it ever worked.

I don't agree that people who support the War on Drugs are smart on this topic. I'm convinced they've been brainwashed by the prohibitionist propaganda which rarely, if ever, gets challenged by a compliant and incompetent media, always talking about the misery, suffering etc while ignoring the elephant in the room ENJOYMENT, that's the reason coke exists, nobody tricks or forces u to take it, over 99% of people who take it do NOT die from it and u have to be infinitely more dumb to support prohibition, when and where has it ever worked.
    Example given in the post that you have quoted is Alcohol as a drug that is legal. Can you answer some of the points brought up in it?
    Enjoyment is one thing, addiction is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

thomasm wrote: »
    Sales/usage must be non existent if it’s a drug people take when out on the beer. Can’t imagine someone sat home alone doing it like hash.

Two young guys I work with also live together and before we started to work from home they’d come in on a Monday morning looking like death warmed up. They’d have friends over on Fridays and Saturdays to drink cans, play fifa and take coke. They wouldn’t leave the house from when they get home on Friday evening after work until they leave Monday morning to go back to work. It made absolutely no sense to me. Some weeks they were absolute shells of themselves, just drifting through the days until it hit clocking off time on Friday evening again.

kippy wrote: »
    Example given in the post that you have quoted is Alcohol as a drug that is legal. Can you answer some of the points brought up in it?
    Enjoyment is one thing, addiction is another.

I'll try, with facts instead of opinions. A small minority of drinkers die from it, just like coke. America banned it years ago and that didn't work out just like coke. It made evil people like Al Capone and Pablo Escobar wealthier and more destructive.

• Advertisement

I'll try, with facts instead of opinions. A small minority of drinkers die from it, just like coke. America banned it years ago and that didn't work out just like coke. It made evil people like Al Capone and Pablo Escobar wealthier and more destructive.

Knock yourself out with some facts here:
    https://www.hrb.ie/fileadmin/publications_files/Drugnet_32_-_Draft_5_-_as_signed_off.pdf
    Point being made in the post you quoted is that we can barely handle our alcohol - how are we expected to handle far more potent drugs if legalised.

Advertisement