Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Am I the only person in the country who was never offered any type of illegal drug?
    Don’t believe I’d try it even if offered. A few pints of Guinness does me.

Unfortunately not, the OP hasn't been offered any drugs either. That's why he started this tread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

You could be dropped into the remotest part of Ireland and within 20 mins you could have collection arrange.

The war on drugs has been a total and utter waste of time, money and resources.

The authorities need to hand out stiffer sentences for anyone caught using or selling drugs. How can you win the war on drugs, when users only get a slap on the wrist for personal possession?

It's not the serious drug addicts that drive the industry - it's the millions of recreational weekend users that are the real driving force behind these drugs and their high demand. It's the average person on the street that is keeping the drug cartels busy. Your few lines at the weekend are not as harmless as you think they are!

Just the same as the few serious alcoholics don't drive the drinks industry. It's average joe and jane bloggs who are responsible for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kylta wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, the OP hasn't been offered any drugs either. That's why he started this tread

There’s two of us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,017 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The authorities need to hand out stiffer sentences for anyone caught using or selling drugs. How can you win the war on drugs, when users only get a slap on the wrist for personal possession?

It's not the serious drug addicts that drive the industry - it's the millions of recreational weekend users that are the real driving force behind these drugs and their high demand. It's the average person on the street that is keeping the drug cartels busy. Your few lines at the weekend are not as harmless as you think they are!

Just the same as the few serious alcoholics don't drive the drinks industry. It's average joe and jane bloggs who are responsible for that too.

With alcohol, it’s reasonably enough priced that some ****èr won’t be smashing somebody’s head open to grab their cash to afford a few drinks. You can get drunk into oblivion on fifteen to twenty euros if you are not that fussy about WHAT you drink.

A gram of cocaine from what I’m reading, about 80 euros give or take ? It’s a social drug so taking it out, with friends...

Taxis...40

Drinks...35

Coke...80

Food... 20

An expensive night out in the city... 95 euros, no drugs... 175 with...

175 pays for about 9 weeks of petrol in my car.

Exactly paid for the flights for my last holiday.

Alcohol can fûck you up if you overdo it as in healthwise, cocaine can fûck you up anyway regardless.

• The authorities need to hand out stiffer sentences for anyone caught using or selling drugs. How can you win the war on drugs, when users only get a slap on the wrist for personal possession?

Stiffer sentences do not work. You lock up one drug dealer, you have another dozen looking to take over his turf.

Countries that have the death penalty are still awash with drugs. If death is not a deterrent, you're pissing into the wind wanting stiffer sentences.

It's time to admit defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

SB71 wrote:
    Real Ecatasy in the early 90's was the best drug of all, Coke turns a lot of people into complete and utter arseholes, even people i know have changed so much because they are on it all the time, i dont really have any time for them anymore .

I'd argue, many drugs turns some people into arseholes, including weed, fresh air is a pretty good drug

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd argue, many drugs turns some people into arseholes, including weed, fresh air is a pretty good drug

I'd argue there's many more than many using drugs and having no negative effect, and most likely a positive effect than anything, you just don't know because they seem "normal". Elon Musk, The Beatles, Charles Dickins, Freud, Stephen King, and on and on. You only ever hear of the bad stories, never the good ones. It's a akin to saying all Gardai are corrupt because of the few who are, or that all people living in a social council estate are scumbags.

Coke is fine, but as I say in every coke related thread (of which there are quite a few), it's about how you take it. People want to be Tony Montana and dive face first into a mountain of coke, but when it costs about €80/g, you'd want to be as rich as Scarface to be able to do that.

I don't do it that much anymore. I'm 37 and basically stopped drinking 4 years ago, aside from 2 or 3 sesh's for weddings and a gig. Take a small line, peps you up, keeps you awake, keeps you drinking, keeps you having fun. Snort too much, and it goes into locked jaw and anger stages. I lost use of the left side of my face one night from too much. But, a little line (or bump) every now and then is grand.

Saying that, I don't have a very addictive personality, so I don't think it's addictive, however I have a few mates who got addicted to it. Took them a while to get off it, but they were shovelling it up their noses.

Don't agree with your weed sentiment, only negative stoners I've encountered (and I was a very heavy smoker up to 2/3 months ago) are the ones who think they can handle it and subsequently pull a whitey (get sick) every. single. time. The rest are pure relaxed, great craic. But like every drug (including alcohol and caffeine), some people just don't mix with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Like alcohol with extreme added self interest and arrogance, yes.

Anyway in my younger days I much preferred a big bag of speed. Much more bang for your buck.

Speed - old skool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Speed - old skool

And horrible. Don't know how people take that dirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭4Ad

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Speed - old skool

Loved it but the deep depression afterwards was just horrendous..

Coke is totally over rated and over priced..
    And everyone thats on it needs to tell you !!

Coked up lads are still better than drunk lads though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Stiffer sentences do not work. You lock up one drug dealer, you have another dozen looking to take over his turf.

Countries that have the death penalty are still awash with drugs. If death is not a deterrent, you're pissing into the wind wanting stiffer sentences.

It's time to admit defeat.

You're talking about drug dealers, I'm talking about drug users.

The drug dealers only exist because there is a demand. If there was no demand they would go elsewhere.

Come down hard on the recreational users of drugs. Give someone a 1,000 Euro fine for possession of personal quantities of drugs. On the spot fines, like we do with other offences... no wasting time in court trials. Just hit them in the pocket HARD.

And bring in other punishments too, like maybe suspend their driving licence for 6 months and put them on register/database so current or prospective employers can see which employees have potentially disruptive drug taking habits.

There are lots of things you can do to make drug taking unappealing to the average person. And if you achieve that, then the demand for drugs will plummet very quickly.

Legalizing or decriminalizing drugs is not the answer. You will create generations of people with varying degrees of dependency on multiple drugs, which will be simply adding to the problems we already have with alcohol etc in this country. It would be a disaster!

People who suggest such solutions, are not really thinking through the long term consequences of such decisions. They are only thinking about the short term goal of getting rid of drug dealers/gangs.

I'd argue there's many more than many using drugs and having no negative effect, and most likely a positive effect than anything, you just don't know because they seem "normal". Elon Musk, The Beatles, Charles Dickins, Freud, Stephen King, and on and on. You only ever hear of the bad stories, never the good ones. It's a akin to saying all Gardai are corrupt because of the few who are, or that all people living in a social council estate are scumbags.

Are you sure people like musk are having no negative effects on society?

I don't really care what people do with drugs, in fact, I think we might be better off legalising the lot at this stage, but I haven't come across too many positive attributes of drug addiction, but even my own addictions are problematic for myself and possibly others to

• Registered Users Posts: 15,420 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It's everywhere- even in the back arse of the countryside. Disgusting

And it usually does serious time in the back arse of whoever smuggled it into the country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would be trying hard to not make toooooo much of a habit of it. Gets pricey and will catch up on you if you are on the right gear.

Stick to weddings and birthdays and enjoy yourself. Be careful at the start, it is mixed to phuck and batches vary. If you take toooooo much it can knock you out cold, no craic there. If you start sweating or getting confused get outside and stare at the stars for 20 minutes, even if it is raining. If it is 7.00 am on a Monday morning please ring in sick and go home and try to avoid the early house option. Thursday night was good enough while it lasted.

Avoid freebasing if possible, that is very very nice and will drain your wallet in weeks. Don't.

Cool story bro. You're in Dreamland if you think you're "freebasing" anything that can't be cooked up in a skeezy flat/farm in Ireland though. You probably got the stuff with only 30% Ajax and baby formula instead of the normal 70.

And it usually does serious time in the back arse of whoever smuggled it into the country

That's just a part of the process, the colon is a perfect environment for the maturing process

And horrible. Don't know how people take that dirt...

Been nearly 20 years now since I had any but used to be a demon for it. An eightball of "base" mixed with enough drink would keep us going all weekend. Smelled like cats piss, tasted like melted plastic. Was definitely a better value option though. Some of the best craic was finding new ways to take it/mask the smell and taste. A spoon in a cup of tea worked well.

Been nearly 20 years now since I had any but used to be a demon for it. An eightball of "base" mixed with enough drink would keep us going all weekend. Smelled like cats piss, tasted like melted plastic. Was definitely a better value option though. Some of the best craic was finding new ways to take it/mask the smell and taste. A spoon in a cup of tea worked well.

Fcuking hell, you guys are nuts, I ll stick with my fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Yes, coke is all over the place. I haven't bouth it in about 5 years but I don't need to, it's everywhere my brothe & a cousin give me some, & my frinds sometimes as well.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fcuking hell, you guys are nuts, I ll stick with my fresh air

Haha. They're a young man's game. I'd say anyone still taking drugs beyond the age of 25 or so has a bit of a want in them, probably needs to see a phsych.

* bought

• Advertisement

@smellyoldboot I don't have a habit & I'm over 25, I only take it when it's free & I would never buy it.

Haha. They're a young man's game. I'd say anyone still taking drugs beyond the age of 25 or so has a bit of a want in them, probably needs to see a phsych.

I'd somewhat agree there, I'd know many my age still indulging, few issues rattling around there alright, but in fairness, I'd know plenty that would have regular tokes, with fcuk all issues, just the usual bitching as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Legalizing or decriminalizing drugs is not the answer. You will create generations of people with varying degrees of dependency on multiple drugs, which will be simply adding to the problems we already have with alcohol etc in this country. It would be a disaster!

People who suggest such solutions, are not really thinking through the long term consequences of such decisions. They are only thinking about the short term goal of getting rid of drug dealers/gangs.

In Portugal where they decriminalized all drugs. Drug use went down more people seek help. In Switzerland where heroin is legal people are stopping taking it at tremendous levels.

In Portugal where they decriminalized all drugs. Drug use went down more people seek help. In Switzerland where heroin is legal people are stopping taking it at tremendous levels.

I'd love to know about the problems it has created though, and the pre existing ones that were exasperated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Cool story bro. You're in Dreamland if you think you're "freebasing" anything that can't be cooked up in a skeezy flat/farm in Ireland though. You probably got the stuff with only 30% Ajax and baby formula instead of the normal 70.

Thanks for the advice.

But how could you possibly know?

Really?

@smellyoldboot I don't have a habit & I'm over 25, I only take it when it's free & I would never buy it.

You're still looking to escape though, or need that little boost. Ever had a think that there's a reason for that? I mean without wanting to pry into your personal life, you actually typed 3 red flags right there in fairness. Only one step away from "I can stop any time I want". If you bit a rough patch, will you reach out for that pick me up?

I think a poster touched earlier on the "addiction" argument surrounding its use.

I think if you are going to get addicted to any substance you are going to get addicted. A majority of users will not follow such a negative pattern. Most use it recreationally and can get on with their lives.

So poking at users with the caveat of " could you stop if you wanted to " is garbage on many levels. Most users are not strung out on O'Connell Bridge looking for valium to take the edge off it. This is not some antidrug propaganda movie made in Hollywood.

The real dangers and pitfalls of using is that you are supporting a highly dangerous and wild black market which is a danger onto society in general. But that market is only created by its illegality. It is not going to get legalised either, but imo it is the gangs and their peripheries which cause the most problems.

It is not just domestically that its' illegality causes issues, look at S America where it is sourced. Ugly stuff.

But taunting users with negative connotations is a bit much. Everyone knows what they are at, they don't need a keyboard warrior to question their willpower or direction. As I said it is a rare enough case when someone is " reaching out for pick me ups " , please get a grip:rolleyes:. Most users are "reaching out" for their pint glass to take a few more swigs whilst laughing their heads enjoying themselves. They will walk it off in the morning.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think a poster touched earlier on the "addiction" argument surrounding its use.

I think if you are going to get addicted to any substance you are going to get addicted. A majority of users will not follow such a negative pattern. Most use it recreationally and can get on with their lives.

So poking at users with the caveat of " could you stop if you wanted to " is garbage on many levels. Most users are not strung out on O'Connell Bridge looking for valium to take the edge off it. This is not some antidrug propaganda movie made in Hollywood.

The real dangers and pitfalls of using is that you are supporting a highly dangerous and wild black market which is a danger onto society in general. But that market is only created by its illegality. It is not going to get legalised either, but imo it is the gangs and their peripheries which cause the most problems.

It is not just domestically that its' illegality causes issues, look at S America where it is sourced. Ugly stuff.

But taunting users with negative connotations is a bit much. Everyone knows what they are at, they don't need a keyboard warrior to question their willpower or direction. As I said it is a rare enough case when someone is " reaching out for pick me ups " , please get a grip:rolleyes:. Most users are "reaching out" for their pint glass to take a few more swigs whilst laughing their heads enjoying themselves. They will walk it off in the morning.

I think an important question also is why some posters feel a need to post fantastical fairytales of their misadventures on anonymous forums. Suggests a yearning to feel wanted, for others to see you as endearing. Perhaps have a deep think about where you are in life and what leads you down this path. Possibly seek professional help etc.

I think an important question also is why some posters feel a need to post fantastical fairytales of their misadventures on anonymous forums. Suggests a yearning to feel wanted, for others to see you as endearing. Perhaps have a deep think about where you are in life and what leads you down this path. Possibly seek professional help etc.

Awwww, thanks again, you are such a sweetheart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

drugs are bad mmmkay

Advertisement