Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nothing wrong with a bit of cocaine sure you can't party all night without it!

Why would you wanna party all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Lol so whats the appeal of spending money on it :confused:
    It makes you feel good.

It makes you feel good.

But maybe not, after the fact, like most addictive substances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Don't bother the stuff in ireland is ****e.

Don't bother the stuff in ireland is ****e.

Doesn't seem to be bothering too many

• Advertisement

Im old now 15 / 20 years ago it was all drinking mainly . The odd time some people I knew would get cocaine and I dabbled... I never noticed anything ! What is it meant to do? Is it supposed to give you a drunk feeling:confused:

Im 22, I've taken it plenty of times. The stuff you would get in ireland is a waste of money. Now, if you go to ibiza then that's another story. It's grand to do every once in a while if you're that way inclined. The last time I took it was last summer in ibiza, stayed up for about 36-40 hours. Had a great time. Again, when in Rome and all that

It just makes you more chatty, sociable, hyper, awake longer.

Cant really explain it.

I don't really take it anymore as experimenting with drugs isn't 'fun' to me nowadays I've much better things to be doing.

Depends on who and what your circle is, in terms of how easy it is to get. Again, I wouldn't bother buying it in ireland ever again, unless it was online.

It would only take a few text messages if I wanted to get it. I don't actually like it though, it's boring, overrated, costs too much and ruins peoples egos

It sees no class either, don't get confused to think someone who takes that on the weekend is a druggie or scumbag. In fact I've never seen a scumbag take cocaine they cant afford it :V

Most friends or peers that I've seen taking it would have been a bit more well off.

Can be apparently very addictive though and I've seen that in other people. People that can't just have fun, they have to keep going for days and getting more and more. Where as I could take a few lines and have my fun, go to bed after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

There's some dodgy stuff around at the moment.

A friend of mine was addicted to the stuff, she's in recovery now but had a relapse lately. She was on it for a few days and woke up extremely ill and unable to move. She was brought to hospital by ambulance, and they found methamphetamines and some other stuff in her system as well as the coke. You just don't know what you're getting.

Even scarier though - when she bought it, she put the bag into her bra (as one does like.) It burned a huge patch of skin off her boob!! She's been left with a permanent scar from it. Now if it did that to her outside, imagine what it was doing to her insides. No wonder she was so ill!!

The whole experience scared her into getting clean again, thankfully.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be bothering too many

Yeah it's crap compared to the rest of the world. And overpriced.

Maybe if you order stuff online you'd get a bit better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

But maybe not, after the fact, like most addictive substances
    I took it regularly (prob every couple of months) for about 10 years and never got addicted. I also used to run pubs/nighclubs some of which were full of people on coke/speed/pills and believe me the worst people to deal with were the drunks. The legal drug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Life is so crap for many many people in this country that it’s escapism at the weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

So basically like being drunk but with less negative consequences . :D Sign me up

How does it affect your ego thou :confused:

I took it regularly (prob every couple of months) for about 10 years and never got addicted. I also used to run pubs/nighclubs some of which were full of people on coke/speed/pills and believe me the worst people to deal with were the drunks. The legal drug.

I'd argue, you actually were addicted to it, 'I took it regularly'!, but maybe you were able to walk away from it easier than others, and best of luck to you if that's the case, ah yea alcohol is fcuked, my dysfunctional neighbours are more than likely alcoholics, it's a fcuking mess, I think it’s time to maybe legalise the lot now

Thank fcuk I'm an aspie, sounds like a fcuking nightmare to me

Imagine Phil hogan doing a massive line at the golf outing!

Imagine Phil hogan doing a massive line at the golf outing!

Its possible alright, addiction doesn't give a sh1te who or what you are

Its possible alright, addiction doesn't give a sh1te who or what you are

For sure, there’s a fairly rough pub I’d drink in and half the 60 year olds are snorting their heads off in there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Im 22, I've taken it plenty of times. The stuff you would get in ireland is a waste of money. Now, if you go to ibiza then that's another story. It's grand to do every once in a while if you're that way inclined. The last time I took it was last summer in ibiza, stayed up for about 36-40 hours. Had a great time. Again, when in Rome and all that

Cant really explain it.

I don't really take it anymore as experimenting with drugs isn't 'fun' to me nowadays I've much better things to be doing.

Depends on who and what your circle is, in terms of how easy it is to get. Again, I wouldn't bother buying it in ireland ever again, unless it was online.

It would only take a few text messages if I wanted to get it. I don't actually like it though, it's boring, overrated, costs too much and ruins peoples egos

It sees no class either, don't get confused to think someone who takes that on the weekend is a druggie or scumbag. In fact I've never seen a scumbag take cocaine they cant afford it :V

Most friends or peers that I've seen taking it would have been a bit more well off.

Can be apparently very addictive though and I've seen that in other people. People that can't just have fun, they have to keep going for days and getting more and more. Where as I could take a few lines and have my fun, go to bed after.

Shur I'm not addicted, I can stop anytime I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Before Covid kicked off, it was basically taken for granted as part of a night out with all the young lads I worked with, I'd say it was well above Celtic Tiger levels. Can't afford to move out, so they've disposable income and don't want to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Ok maybe I’m just not that clued in but everyone tells me it’s so easy to get Cocaine and other drugs.

I’m not disputing this but I just wonder how someone who is decent etc decides they need a bag of coke and knows who to call or where to look.

I’m from a small town and know people who take drugs but not sell

Diego Maradona, The Beatles, Stones took it, Kate Moss was photographed having a snort, I took it myself but think it's over-priced and over-rated but each to their own. A famous journalist said u can't get good coke in Dublin, I think he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,772 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It just makes you think you are more chatty, more sociable, hyper, awake longer, when in fact you are more chatty but not in the sense you are appealing to talk to and sociable in the sense that you'll talk bollix to absolute strangers and come across like an arsehole with an ego the size of a double decker people will walk away from the attempted conversation thinking that guys off their tits.

Cant really explain it. .....

FYP for ya there.

• Advertisement

There's some dodgy stuff around at the moment.

A friend of mine was addicted to the stuff, she's in recovery now but had a relapse lately. She was on it for a few days and woke up extremely ill and unable to move. She was brought to hospital by ambulance, and they found methamphetamines and some other stuff in her system as well as the coke. You just don't know what you're getting.

Even scarier though - when she bought it, she put the bag into her bra (as one does like.) It burned a huge patch of skin off her boob!! She's been left with a permanent scar from it. Now if it did that to her outside, imagine what it was doing to her insides. No wonder she was so ill!!

The whole experience scared her into getting clean again, thankfully.

No offense but that burn part sounds like one of those BS stories they tell you in SPHE class to scare you.

Fwiw you can get cheap disposable testing kits so you know what you’re getting - obviously your general punter isn’t testing their stuff but if one wanted to be conscientious about their drug use it’s pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

No offense but that burn part sounds like one of those BS stories they tell you in SPHE class to scare you.

Nah I saw it, nothing made up about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wouldn’t be a fan. I’m well able to put away 10 pints anyway without needing a few snorts from Satan’s snuff pouch to keep going. Very overrated drug.

If you take too much of it you also get a dose of coke cock. There you are gagging for the ride, and not a fücking stir out of it. Worse than brewers droop by far. Not even tapping it off the bedside locker works. Dead as a fücking dodo and your mind racing with filthy thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Correct me if I'm wrong..
    To digest cocaine in the first place, suggests a condition of want??
    The punter needs to be artificially propelled to a higher plateau..??
    How sad is that?
    One's own life is so inadequate, that one has to take mind altering substances to offset the reality of who they really are..
    And coke is a 'in' thing........
    Really??

So basically like being drunk but with less negative consequences . :D Sign me up

How does it affect your ego thou :confused:

You sound really young and innocent.

You can't even grasp the fact that a mind altering drug could affect your personality or ego long term...

People that constantly take cocaine, or that feel on top of the world because of it, naturally have their ego affected, can become very cocky and not nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Cocaine, the abuse of it and mainly having to deal with insufferable people on it would be one of the many reasons why I stopped working in the music/entertainment industry. It's endemic there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Yes, everywhere. From what I can see it makes the weekend more bearable for those who are in denial about how unhappy they are in their mundane lives. My guess is the chemically induced self confidence, gives a temporary reprieve from their crushing lack of self esteem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Yes, everywhere. From what I can see it makes the weekend more bearable for those who are in denial about how unhappy they are in their mundane lives. My guess is the chemically induced self confidence, gives a temporary reprieve from their crushing lack of self esteem.

Much like alcohol then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Much like alcohol then!

Like alcohol with extreme added self interest and arrogance, yes.

Anyway in my younger days I much preferred a big bag of speed. Much more bang for your buck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

lawred2 wrote: »
    Same as

You both definitely know someone who takes it. I can guarantee that.

Advertisement