Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Poor aul Leo roasted. Introducing legislation he voted down when SF put it forward in 2018.

https://twitter.com/cathypower/status/1310930302165020673?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    Poor aul Leo roasted. Introducing legislation he voted down when SF put it forward in 2018.

https://twitter.com/cathypower/status/1310930302165020673?s=19

To paraphrase the quote Heseltine made, Boris Leo waits to see 'the way the crowd is running then dashes in front'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    To paraphrase the quote Heseltine made, Boris Leo waits to see 'the way the crowd is running then dashes in front'.

Funny how the ban on ticket touting is good while the rent rise ban was marked as unconstitutional. Funny one. I wonder did Seamus Woulfe advise again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/penneys-matriarch-the-harder-i-work-the-longer-i-live-1.3884759

One of the most successful business women of her generation. This "throwing people to the lions" of social media circus will mean semi state and state funded organisations will struggle to attract any talent.

We are now seeing good people being punished horrifically for what are entirely legal activities (Breege owned the house in Spain which she had been travelling to for decades)...

The reality is the FG and FF folk are falling on their swords for minor infractions.

Yet other parties still have questions to ask around murder, child abuse, criminal activity & laundering. And there are zero consequences.

I've no doubt this will be like the Trump/Biden debate with the usual crew throwing about whataboutery like the above when it's clear there are consequences for FG/FF , not so I for one other party who follow the Trump playbook.

1. Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

micosoft wrote: »

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/penneys-matriarch-the-harder-i-work-the-longer-i-live-1.3884759

One of the most successful business women of her generation. This "throwing people to the lions" of social media circus will mean semi state and state funded organisations will struggle to attract any talent.

We are now seeing good people being punished horrifically for what are entirely legal activities (Breege owned the house in Spain which she had been travelling to for decades)...

The reality is the FG and FF folk are falling on their swords for minor infractions.

Yet other parties still have questions to ask around murder, child abuse, criminal activity & laundering. And there are zero consequences.

I've no doubt this will be like the Trump/Biden debate with the usual crew throwing about whataboutery like the above when it's clear there are consequences for FG/FF , not so I for one other party who follow the Trump playbook.

This is very true.

You can organise a political rally disguised as a fake funeral during a lockdown and escape all consequences if you are one party.

1. Advertisement
      2. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

blanch152 wrote: »
        This is very true.

You can organise a political rally disguised as a fake funeral during a lockdown and escape all consequences if you are one party.

You can have a serial killer siting in the Dáil if you’re one party.

3. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

This is very true.

This is not the SF thread Blanch.

At least its all FF and FG **** up's and your party leader sleeping at the back is good for the Greens, as he cant **** up too

4. Registered Users Posts: 68,136 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is very true.

What?

There have been 'consequences', the alleged breaches are being investigated. Apologies have been issued too.

5. Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You can have a serial killer siting in the Dáil if you’re one party.

This is concerning. Have you gone to the Gardai with your evidence?

6. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This is concerning. Have you gone to the Gardai with your evidence?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-sinn-fein-td-who-is-linked-to-50-murders-28951973.html

7. Advertisement
      8. Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

Charlie Flanagan wrote to RTÉ asking them not to air unquiet graves? Wondered where the money came from to make it as well as saying it wasn’t balanced.

Is he trying to get himself and the party unwanted attention

9. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

golfball37 wrote: »
        Charlie Flanagan wrote to RTÉ asking them not to air unquiet graves? Wondered where the money came from to make it as well as saying it wasn’t balanced.

Is he trying to get himself and the party unwanted attention

Any surprise really? Thats what your dealing with, not a normal party

10. Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

From that article.
        He then went on a hunger strike that lasted 37 days in protest against his pending extradition to England. He was eventually acquitted in London

acquitted

11. Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

That's the burden of evidence? With that logic Drew Harris is a spy who's coving up collusion of 120 murders and needs to be removed/arrested immediately. His successor in the north has restarted an investigation he shut down without explanation.

https://www.thejournal.ie/glenanne-gang-investigation-psni-4713122-Jul2019/#comments

12. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That's the burden of evidence? With that logic Drew Harris is a spy who's coving up collusion of 120 murders and needs to be removed/arrested immediately. His successor in the north has restarted an investigation he shut down without explanation.

https://www.thejournal.ie/glenanne-gang-investigation-psni-4713122-Jul2019/#comments

I’m in favour of all atrocities carried out by paramilitaries and terrorists in Norn Iron to be investigated. The Glennane Gang, the IRA Nutting Squad, the murder of Paul Quinn etc.

You don’t get to pick and choose. There isn’t a hierarchy for this. The reality is it doesn’t suit anyone involved in the entire sordid and nasty conflict known as the troubles to have a truth and reconciliation commission. Psychopaths aren’t into retrospection. And the party you support has psychopaths operating at its very highest levels.

13. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

McMurphy wrote: »
        From that article.

acquitted

Hahahahah They just cant help themselves

14. Registered Users Posts: 68,136 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

From that article.

acquitted

I keep saying it...how do you spot a FG fanatic?...they will invariably believe an allegation if it is made against a republican or shinner.

No proof required.

15. Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Hahahahah They just cant help themselves

Hilarious, murder is such a lark. Ho ho ho

16. Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Truthvader wrote: »

I think the "ha ha" was aimed at linking to an article that clearly stated a person was acquitted of something they're insinuating they're guilty of.

Stop with the faux shock horror.

17. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The haha was you posting a link about a man who was "acquitted" i.e free from a criminal charge by a verdict of not guilt

18. Advertisement
      19. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I think the "ha ha" was aimed at linking to an article that clearly stated a person was acquitted of something they're insinuating they're guilty of.

Stop with the faux shock horror.

He served 10 years in prison. He was acquitted of having to be extradited to England.

Ellis is a mass murderer. So was Bobby Storey. That’s the sort of level SF operate at. Most of you seem to be ok with that. I’m really glad I don’t think like you lads though. Yuck.

20. Registered Users Posts: 68,136 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He served 10 years in prison. He was acquitted of having to be extradited to England.

Ellis is a mass murderer. So was Bobby Storey. That’s the sort of level SF operate at. Most of you seem to be ok with that. I’m really glad I don’t think like you lads though. Yuck.

I am happy with what I agreed to in the GFA. That the conflict/war is over and that all players and signatories are finished with it.

I accepted that all parties were going to behave democratically and that the island would be demilitarised and the gun on all sides put away.

You clearly haven't accepted that.

21. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I am happy with what I agreed to in the GFA. That the conflict/war is over and that all players and signatories are finished with it.

I accepted that all parties were going to behave democratically.

I’m happy the conflict is over as well, dude. Doesn’t mean you have to accept a political party that doesn’t recognise the legitimacy of the country, and glorifies fat psychopaths like Storey , sticking their claws into our democracy.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

22. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I’m happy the conflict is over as well, dude. Doesn’t mean you have to accept a political party that doesn’t recognise the legitimacy of the country, and glorifies fat psychopaths like Storey , sticking their claws into our democracy.

Well they will be in charge soon, Tiocfaidh ár lá

23. Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Think you might need to read up on that John.
        Due to be released in April 1990, Ellis was served with a warrant for his extradition to Britain where it was alleged he conspired with three other men to cause explosions in Britain between 1981 and 1983.

In October 1990 he went on hunger strike, protesting his extradition to the UK. The strike lasted 37 days during which time he lost over two stone and was barely able to walk.

He was eventually acquitted of the charges at a court in London and went on to become a politician.

There was no charges that would convict him of having to be extradited, he was to be extradited to face charges in the UK, those being
        alleged he conspired with three other men to cause explosions in Britain between 1981 and 1983.

When he was extradited regardless, he was acquitted in a UK court, not of "his extradition" he was acquitted on the aforementioned charges of conspiring to cause explosions in the UK between 81-83.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dessie-ellis-ira-murders-733096-Dec2012/

You don't have to like the man, you don't even have to believe in the legitimacy of his acquittal, you should however be forced to acknowledge it because it happened whether you like it or not.

24. Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I accepted that all parties were going to behave democratically and that the island would be demilitarised and the gun on all sides put away.

Bullcrap. The GFA is a done deal . What you and Sinn Fein want is a pretendy unreality where not only do all the criminal scum get away with murder but that the rest of is cant mention it or remind everyone what calibre of subhuman thug makes up the core of Sinn

The likes of Dessie Ellis, living in a free house provided by the state decided to involve himself by making bombs to kill people he had never met. That makes him a vile person and any decent person should call him out as the wretched coward and killer he is at every opportunity

25. Registered Users Posts: 68,136 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bullcrap. The GFA is a done deal . What you and Sinn Fein want is a pretendy unreality where not only do all the criminal scum get away with murder but that the rest of is cant mention it or remind everyone what calibre of subhuman thug makes up the core of Sinn

The likes of Dessie Ellis, living in a free house provided by the state decided to involve himself by making bombs to kill people he had never met. That makes him a vile person and any decent person should call him out as the wretched coward and killer he is at every opportunity

It isn't easy to accept International Peace agreements, I know. Members of my family were killed by security forces.

But I want a normal peaceful society. I accept that terrible terrible things were done by all players, not just one group.

You want onesided retribution. Fire away, the electorate are telling you in ever increasing numbers how that is going to go.

26. Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The hurt of coming third still bites huh?
        Its politics JF. Could all change next time. Chin up.
        FORE! ;)

27. Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It isn't easy to accept International Peace agreements, I know. Members of my family were killed by security forces.

But I want a normal peaceful society. I accept that terrible terrible things were done by all players, not just one group.

You want onesided retribution. Fire away, the electorate are telling you in ever increasing numbers how that is going to go.

Only one groups thuggery is being promoted and justified here. For example you are the person who pretends that IRA members had "no choice" but to involve themselves in murder. Well young Dessie Ellis in his free house out in Finglas going about his day repairing tellies seems to me to have plenty of choice. Could have gone to the pub or fishing but decided instead to involve himself in sectarian thuggery by incinerating and mutilating innocent people he had never met. I am tempted to as what your relatives were doing when killed by security forces but will only say for now that the mutilation of one person by Dessie Ellis did nothing for your family members one way or the other.

Not interested in one sided anything but the Glenanne gang dont seem to be represented here nor are the running candidates

28. Advertisement
      29. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
        The hurt of coming third still bites huh?
        Its politics JF. Could all change next time. Chin up.
        FORE! ;)

You’re raving, dude.

Advertisement