Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

satguy wrote: »
    I see the gave one of their property developer buddies the green light to bulldoze a listed building.

Dublin home of 1916 Rising leader demolished at first light.

Dublin City Council is investigating the circumstances surrounding the demolition of the former home of a 1916 leader.

O'Rahilly House, at 40 Herbert Park in Ballsbridge, was bulldozed early this morning to make way for luxury apartments.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0929/1168260-orahilly-house-dublin/

But if you or I try to build a shed or garden wall, they send the storm troopers around.

No harm, I’m told the place was rodent infested around the environs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She lifted a few slates and got punished, told a few truths and and the gamers reacted.

Hope she gets a spot in Fingal, might put manners on that O’Reilly one.

She's father Fintan Stacks replacement (how many times was he rejected lol):confused:

Also this.

https://twitter.com/EamonMelia/status/1310175168044695553?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »
    She's father Fintan Stacks replacement (how many times was he rejected lol):confused:

Also this.

Melia..... !!!!!! don’t tell me you need that tube, R.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Also this.

Leo had to throw his Rottweiler in the last government a bone?

Hopefully the people of Fingal are not so easily bought off.

Leo had to throw his Rottweiler in the last government a bone?

Hopefully the people of Fingal are not so easily bought off.

Well they elected Daly and O’Reilly so the auld ‘entitlement’ stick could be a factor.

Disgrace that she didn’t get elected, but hey, if Wardy16 and Gino can get the wedge, nothing is surprising.

Excellent Canditates like Noel Rock get shafted, genuine people for sure, and a bunch of scrotes sneak in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Excellent Canditates like Noel Rock get shafted, genuine people for sure, and a bunch of scrotes sneak in.

Would that be the same Noel Rock who was brown nosing John Delaneys arse looking for free tickets to Ireland games while Delaney was blowing taxpayers money on his 50th birthday party? Or the same Noel Rock who was caught breaching road traffic laws live on tv? An excellent candidate indeed :rolleyes:

Well they elected Daly and O’Reilly so the auld ‘entitlement’ stick could be a factor.

Disgrace that she didn’t get elected, but hey, if Wardy16 and Gino can get the wedge, nothing is surprising.

Run down the electorate because somebody didn't get elected. Right out of the centre of the FG playbook alright. Arrogance unbound. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No harm, I’m told the place was rodent infested around the environs.

The Dáil will be next to be demolished so if no harm as it's full of rodents

I see the gave one of their property developer buddies the green light to bulldoze a listed building.

Dublin City Council is investigating the circumstances surrounding the demolition of the former home of a 1916 leader.

O'Rahilly House, at 40 Herbert Park in Ballsbridge, was bulldozed early this morning to make way for luxury apartments.

But if you or I try to build a shed or garden wall, they send the storm troopers around.

It wasn’t a listed building.

I don’t get the importance of it anyway. The man only lived there for a couple of years.

It wasn’t a listed building.

I don’t get the importance of it anyway. The man only lived there for a couple of years.

Occasionally you get little nuggets of input like this, and then realise why FG thought it would be appropriate to hold a state commemoration for the Black and Tans, the vast vast majority of which never lived here at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

FF knew full well that FG were lying cheating scum, they knew full well that FG had a tendency to look after their inner circle.
    Yet they still jumped into bed with them.

While we all know why Micheál Martin was so quick to roll over, I still can't work out why some of the old school FF guys were talked into co bedding with FG.

Now FF are starting to notice that they might have fleas, but they only need to look are their bedfellows, to figure out why.

Leo's next important job, don't let Jennifer Carroll McNeill on TV to debate

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What a stretch. It was the failure of the previous council, controlled by Sinn Fein, to list the building that has caused the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭PommieBast

blanch152 wrote: »
    What a stretch. It was the failure of the previous council, controlled by Sinn Fein, to list the building that has caused the issue.
    I do wonder whether even this effort to list it was just some virtue-signalling. It looks to be in pretty poor shape for a notionally important building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

PommieBast wrote: »
    I do wonder whether even this effort to list it was just some virtue-signalling. It looks to be in pretty poor shape for a notionally important building.

But the point being made was, that a well connected property developer was allowed knock it down, no questions asked.

And, that if you or I, owned that old house and looked for permission to knock it down we would be shot down, because we are not in the inner circle.

But the point being made was, that a well connected property developer was allowed knock it down, no questions asked.

And, that if you or I, owned that old house and looked for permission to knock it down we would be shot down, because we are not in the inner circle.

From the article, I read that he had permission from An Bord Pleanala to demolish the house. Am I wrong?

The mans been dead for over 100 years. His wife 60. If the building was of such vital importance, why wasn’t it deemed a protected structure before now?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

But the point being made was, that if you or I, owned that old house and looked for permission to knock it down we would be shot down, because we are not in the inner circle.

That is not a point, that is an unsubstantiated opinion.

You are entitled to it, but it does not mean that it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

From the article, I read that he had permission from An Bord Pleanala to demolish the house. Am I wrong?

Sinn Fein dont understand how normal democratic institutions actually work. For them the government, the courts, the Board Pleanala, the guards etc etc are all one lump of "them" all controlled by Leo or Michael. They think the state operates on a chain of command structure like theselves

Truthvader wrote: »
    Sinn Fein dont understand how normal democratic institutions actually work. For them the government, the courts, the Board Pleanala, the guards etc etc are all one lump of "them" all controlled by Leo or Michael. They think the state operates on a chain of command structure like theselves

Did you hear about the shindig at Clifden Truth?

All in sundry from FFG along with supreme judges, bankers, the media, an EU Commissioner, banking lobbyists and with AGS looking on, all breaking bread and having a right angle nights craic, ignoring covid restrictions they put in place.

Then we have Darcy this week, jumping ship.

Anyone thinking they're all in the one big cosy gang is obviously a feckin eegit. :)

• Advertisement

All in sundry from FFG along with supreme judges, bankers, the media, an EU Commissioner, banking lobbyists and with AGS looking on, all breaking bread and having a right angle nights craic, ignoring covid restrictions they put in place.

Anyone thinking they're all in the one big cosy gang is obviously a feckin eegit. :)
    Perfect. Proves the point I was making

Perfect. Proves the point I was making

It does indeed, but not in the way you think it does, which makes it all the more ironic.

Seamus Woulfe possibly the next man to fall proving your my point.

Feck sake, you could buy planning favours/influence off FG in my constituency if you had enough 'sterling'. :)

Feck sake, you could buy planning favours/influence off FG in my constituency if you had enough 'sterling'. :)

No doubt we'll have the usualproof..................eh no thats only required for the Northern Bank and Sinn Fein / IRA murders and that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Could you find out who murdered your son if you had enough Sterling?

Could you find out who murdered your son if you had enough Sterling?

Id hope the Gardai would do their job, but we know evidence in their hands can run into issues so God knows

No doubt we'll have the usualproof..................eh no thats only required for the Northern Bank and Sinn Fein / IRA murders and that sort of thing

Did you not see it being done on camera Truth...is that willful ignorance or the genuine variety?

Former Fine Gael councillor Hugh McElvaney found to have breached ethics laws
    Former Fine Gael councillor Hugh McElvaney has been found to have breached ethics laws for public representatives, after he was recorded asking for “loads of money” in return for assistance securing planning permission for a wind farm project from Monaghan County Council.

Francie says you could buy planning favours/influence off FG in my constituency if you had enough 'sterling'

Francie says Gerry Adams was not in the IRA

Francie says that the PSNI are most likely to have robbed the Northern Bank

Francie says that Slab Murphy is a good republican

Francie says that partition planted bombs and killed people.

All of the above statements fit in the same category.

P.S. Some of the above involved paraphrasing before Francie asks for direct relevant quotes.

• Advertisement

Francie says you could buy planning favours/influence off FG in my constituency if you had enough 'sterling'
    Francie stands over that comment.

Francie says Gerry Adams was not in the IRA Francie says he doesn't know nor care if he was or not.

Francie says that the PSNI are most likely to have robbed the Northern Bank. Francie said no such thing, yet another lie.

Francie says that Slab Murphy is a good republican. Nor did Francie say this. Another lie.

Francie says that partition planted bombs and killed people. Blanch lying/misrepresenting again.

All of the above statements fit in the same category.

P.S. Some of the above involved paraphrasing before Francie asks for direct relevant quotes.

There is a difference between paraphrasing and outright lying blanch

Advertisement