Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

«134567128

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭ JohnnyFlash


    FG back in Government for a historic third term; riding high in the opinion polls; people of the calibre of Varadkar, Donohoe, Harris, Coveney, Humphreys in Cabinet, and the most invigorated and engaged local party structure I've seen since FitzGerald.

    Hugely proud to be a member of a political party who have done so much for this country. Divorce, gay marriage, abortion rights, recognition of the travelling community as an ethnic minority; a State apology to the women who spent years in the laundry system - all delivered under FG governments. Hugely pro the European Union, and our place within it.

    A focus on balancing the books, while still delivering the largest increases in inward investment, health budget, and social welfare. A party that was founded on the principal of having a Republic of equals. A proper party of Christian/Social democracy.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    FG back in Government for a historic third term; riding high in the opinion polls; people of the calibre of Varadkar, Donohoe, Harris, Coveney, Humphreys in Cabinet, and the most invigorated and engaged local party structure I've seen since FitzGerald.

    Hugely proud to be a member of a political party who have done so much for this country. Divorce, gay marriage, abortion rights, recognition of the travelling community as an ethnic minority, A State apology to the women who spent years in the laundry system - all delivered under FG governments. Hugely pro the European Union, and our place within it.

    A focus on balancing the books, while still delivering the largest increases in inward investment, health budget, and social welfare. A party that was founded on the principal of having a Republic of equals.

    So what went wrong in the election? Didn't get the message out? :)

    The opener reads like a rogue's gallery of entitlement and incompetence.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭ Rodney Bathgate


    Seems strange that there is a thread with that title when the party in question is actually in government again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭ Ha Long Bay


    Bowie wrote: »
    So what went wrong in the election? Didn't get the message out? :)

    The opener reads like a rogue's gallery of entitlement and incompetence.


    Will you ignore my post because its a new thread?

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114272642&postcount=9959


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    Seems strange that there is a thread with that title when the party in question is actually in government again.

    We know what they'll be doing for the next six months, should it survive that long.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    john4321 wrote: »
    Will you ignore my post because its a new thread?

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114272642&postcount=9959
    john4321 wrote:
    Any chance you would post genuinely?

    You respond to this and we'll talk.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭ Jinglejangle69


    john4321 wrote: »
    Will you ignore my post because its a new thread?

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114272642&postcount=9959

    Haha brilliant!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭ Jinglejangle69


    Seems strange that there is a thread with that title when the party in question is actually in government again.

    Doesnt seem strange to me.

    We know the situation here:)


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭ JohnnyFlash


    Bowie wrote: »
    So what went wrong in the election? Didn't get the message out? :)

    The opener reads like a rogue's gallery of entitlement and incompetence.


    FG focused too much on the achievements on Brexit delivered during the minority government. Which, in fairness, were a credit to our Civil Service, Government, and diaspora.



    Time will look extremely favorably on that period. It was the most confident, competent, and cohesive Government we have had in generations. Even Shane Ross did a good job!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭ Rodney Bathgate


    Bowie wrote: »
    We know what they'll be doing for the next six months, should it survive that long.

    Running the country as part of the government coalition while SF continue their hurler on the ditch impression?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    FG focused too much on the achievements on Brexit delivered during the minority government. Which, in fairness, were a credit to our Civil Service, Government, and diaspora.



    Time will look extremely favorably on that period. It was the most confident, competent, and cohesive Government we have had in generations. Even Shane Ross did a good job!

    That's delusional JF.

    It never ceases to amaze, the FG reliance on not being the worst of the worst even when pointing to a government they are partners in :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭ smurgen


    FG back in Government for a historic third term; riding high in the opinion polls; people of the calibre of Varadkar, Donohoe, Harris, Coveney, Humphreys in Cabinet, and the most invigorated and engaged local party structure I've seen since FitzGerald.

    Hugely proud to be a member of a political party who have done so much for this country. Divorce, gay marriage, abortion rights, recognition of the travelling community as an ethnic minority; a State apology to the women who spent years in the laundry system - all delivered under FG governments. Hugely pro the European Union, and our place within it.

    A focus on balancing the books, while still delivering the largest increases in inward investment, health budget, and social welfare. A party that was founded on the principal of having a Republic of equals. A proper party of Christian/Social democracy.

    What movie is this again?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭ smurgen


    Any idea when the LOKdown will end? Have FFG reigned in the meat barons at all or are they still out shopping?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭ Ha Long Bay


    Bowie wrote: »
    You respond to this and we'll talk.


    Sure, that post made no sense to me so I didn't reply. I don't think the OP even replied but you jumped in to derail my post for some unknown reason where I just clarified the story and numbers.

    We got to a point in the thread where you acknowledged that point after a multiple posts.

    You said "Never said you did. Satguy mentioned the cartridges, you clarified the details."




    Now back on topic have you a reply to my last post about your false statement regarding the €5 bonus?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭ JohnnyFlash


    smurgen wrote: »
    What movie is this again?


    It's called Reality: 2020.

    Featuring yourself, and a cast of millions.

    It's in 3D, Ultra-HD, and it's very interactive.

    :eek:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    john4321 wrote: »
    Sure, that post made no sense to me so I didn't reply. I don't think the OP even replied but you jumped in to derail my post for some unknown reason where I just clarified the story and numbers.

    We got to a point in the thread where you acknowledged that point after a multiple posts.

    You said "Never said you did. Satguy mentioned the cartridges, you clarified the details."




    Now back on topic have you a reply to my last post about your false statement regarding the €5 bonus?

    You claimed I said you used SF to deflect. I asked for a quote/proof you then moved it to being about the number of cartridges. A complete dishonest fudge and you know it.

    There was a thread on boards regarding the Christmas bonus. People were going nuts at even a fiver raise. Was a few years ago. The point is people will go nuts over that but stay silent on the meat processing using foreign workers who dont even pay tax in Ireland. I know FG have previous for not paying tax and they like giving contracts to a non-resident but non-resident meat packers is a new one.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    It's called Reality: 2020.

    Featuring yourself, and a cast of millions.

    It's in 3D, Ultra-HD, and it's very interactive.

    :eek:

    Although Leo lifted some of the dialogue from other Netflix titles ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭ JohnnyFlash


    Bowie wrote: »
    Although Leo lifted some of the dialogue from other Netflix titles ;)


    I'm not sure anyone really cared about that, dude. It was a social media 'thing'.



    The vibe I'm getting is that people are starting to realise how competent Leo, Simon, Heather, Simon really were.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭ Ha Long Bay


    Bowie wrote: »
    You claimed I said you used SF to deflect. I asked for a quote/proof you then moved it to being about the number of cartridges. A complete dishonest fudge and you know it.

    There was a thread on boards regarding the Christmas bonus. People were going nuts at even a fiver raise. Was a few years ago. The point is people will go nuts over that but stay silent on the meat processing using foreign workers who dont even pay tax in Ireland. I know FG have previous for not paying tax and they like giving contracts to a non-resident but non-resident meat packers is a new one.


    I didn't claim anything, I replied to the OP correcting a post with facts which I should be allowed to do on a public forum. Maybe the didn't reply as as they were incorrect I don't know why they didn't.

    Now onto the new point you raised you made a false statement and again I just corrected it using backed up facts.

    All you had to do was acknowledge the statement was incorrect but instead you proceed to post a statement about processing plants, foreign workers and non resident tax payers.

    This isn't genuine debate or discussion, It's in my opinion soapboxing as no proof to back it up is provided.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    I'm not sure anyone really cared about that, dude. It was a social media 'thing'.



    The vibe I'm getting is that people are starting to realise how competent Leo, Simon, Heather, Simon really were.

    And nobody uses that right?
    It was just another insight into Leo's lack of empathy and not being fit to represent the country.

    Not the worst of the worst? We'll need let the PFG run its course to judge.
    Cervicheck, covid number 19, spin unit, NCH over run, record breaking crises etc. Let's hope you're wrong.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭ James Brown


    john4321 wrote: »
    I didn't claim anything, I replied to the OP correcting a post with facts which I should be allowed to do on a public forum. Maybe the didn't reply as as they were incorrect I don't know why they didn't.

    This is you...
    If you can point out where I used a SF tale to deflect from FG please show me or respectfully withdraw the comment.

    Never said such a thing. You went on about the number of cartridges, never questioned you on the number.
    john4321 wrote: »
    Now onto the new point you raised you made a false statement and again I just corrected it using backed up facts.

    All you had to do was acknowledge the statement was incorrect but instead you proceed to post a statement about processing plants, foreign workers and non resident tax payers.

    This isn't genuine debate or discussion, It's in my opinion soapboxing as no proof to back it up is provided.

    I'm of the opinion people will get het up about a fiver raise on the christmas bonus but not the meat packer workers shipped in, not paying tax in Ireland and being expected to buy their own PPE. See you are getting pedantic over an analogy. The topic was meat packers being shipped in not the history to the Christmas bonus.
    I can't say there was never a fiver raise on the Christmas bonus. I recall a thread, there were many. I couldn't even tell you what year or what government. You go looking. My analogy stands. You're proof ffs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭ markodaly


    smurgen wrote: »
    Any idea when the LOKdown will end?

    You tell us? As the whole world may want to know the answer to that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭ markodaly


    What amazes me that we have a long running thread like this about FG and especially Leo, while the other two parties in government, The Greens or FF don't have their own separate long running threads.

    You guys do know that there are 3 parties in the government, right?
    From the last few weeks, FG have come out of it much better IMO.

    FF are wrecked from infighting and reminding us all on who they are.
    The Greens are already panicking and looking for a way out it seems..

    ...yet the focus seems to be on FG who are riding high in the polls and are the party coming across as more competent than the other two.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭ McMurphy


    markodaly wrote: »
    What amazes me that we have a long running thread like this about FG and especially Leo, while the other two parties in government, The Greens or FF don't have their own separate long running threads.

    You guys do know that there are 3 parties in the government, right?
    From the last few weeks, FG have come out of it much better IMO.

    FF are wrecked from infighting and reminding us all on who they are.
    The Greens are already panicking and looking for a way out it seems..

    ...yet the focus seems to be on FG who are riding high in the polls and are the party coming across as more competent than the other two.

    Seeing as the last page seemed to be all about people correcting others, I may carry on in the same vein.

    1, there is a thread about all 3 parties in Govt, it's titled FF/G /Greens next government, and can be found here, in fact you've posted in it on more than 80 occasion's. Slipped your mind did it?

    Secondly, the last polls we seen had SF riding even higher than FG, and even though certain FG party members tried to rewrite history, and polling stats, but got swiftly corrected here, so it would seem despite their stellar job and competence in previous govt roles, there's still a sizeable amount of people who appear to want the shinners over FG.

    Explain that one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭ smurgen


    markodaly wrote: »
    You tell us? As the whole world may want to know the answer to that.

    So the three counties are locked down indefinitely? Is Larry Goodman that powerful the FFG can't intervene? He must have some juicy stuff on you lads.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭ Poor_old_gill


    smurgen wrote: »
    Any idea when the LOKdown will end? Have FFG reigned in the meat barons at all or are they still out shopping?

    "Out shopping" has got the be the most pathetic attempt to attack a party that I have ever seen.

    It's like an insult that you would hear 8 year olds giving each other in school.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭ Brendan Bendar


    markodaly wrote: »
    What amazes me that we have a long running thread like this about FG and especially Leo, while the other two parties in government, The Greens or FF don't have their own separate long running threads.

    You guys do know that there are 3 parties in the government, right?
    From the last few weeks, FG have come out of it much better IMO.

    FF are wrecked from infighting and reminding us all on who they are.
    The Greens are already panicking and looking for a way out it seems..

    ...yet the focus seems to be on FG who are riding high in the polls and are the party coming across as more competent than the other two.

    Wouldn’t worry about what these guys think about Mr ODaly, Wouldn’t worry at all, of no consequence.

    You see ,they are ,as they see it, tryIng to keep the ‘Heat’ on Fg even to the extent of highlighting The Tainiste buying shoes and trying to throw shade on it.

    Then this famous ‘letter’ from HH which they tried to big up and failed.

    Mark all these guys want is to keep this thread alive while their lad on the front, Mr Stanley ,opts for the only ‘strategy’ they have the ‘magic money tree’

    Doesn’t have to worry about knock on effects, unintended consequences, who pays(it won’t be them)logistics etc.

    “Open the gates,Jem, horse out that money, cash if possible:cool:


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭ McMurphy


    "Out shopping" has got the be the most pathetic attempt to attack a party that I have ever seen.

    It's like an insult that you would hear 8 year olds giving each other in school.

    While I agree Gill, it's simply carrying on from other pathetic slagging of, say public representatives and what food they may be consuming.

    Few weeks ago, we had a certain cohort up in arms because s certain shinner was "atin fancy seafood" meaning he's "champagne socialist" etc.

    So Leo bought a pair of fancy shoes? Big swinging mickey.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭ Brendan Bendar


    Check it out with the boy, Stanley, my friend.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭ JohnnyFlash


    Yurt! wrote: »
    dUdE. MAgiC mOneY TREe. iS I doING pOLItix RrighT?

    Are you ok, dude? I’m not going to lie; there’s a bit of a Ewan Mackenna vibe off your posts. Lot of anger there.


Advertisement