Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He'll sit on his hands for 12 months while getting paid I'm sure. Might call Dara Murphy for tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

This Michael D’Arcy thing stinks to high heaven,, and just another example of those in power looking after their own.

It sickens me to see how this government we didn't want, will bend us over every chance they get. Maybe the French have some guillotines they're not using any more, even a slightly used one might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

satguy wrote: »
    This Michael D’Arcy thing stinks to high heaven,, and just another example of those in power looking after their own.

It sickens me to see how this government we didn't want, will bend us over every chance they get. Maybe the French have some guillotines they're not using any more, even a slightly used one might do.

What government did they want, dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bowie wrote: »
    He'll sit on his hands for 12 months while getting paid I'm sure. Might call Dara Murphy for tips.

So what? He’s no longer a TD and it’s private money that’ll pay his wages.

satguy wrote: »

His appointment has nothing to do with the government. It’s a private body

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I think the point they are making is that they haven't been engaged in lobbying for the last three years, sure they are a registered lobbyist, but they haven't conducted any activity under the lobbying register for three years.

There must be a lot more to the organisation than lobbying.
    They are claiming that but I don’t think it holds water. I don’t think the whole thing is a big deal but the rules are rules in this case. He’ll just have to wait

tobsey wrote: »
    So what? He’s no longer a TD and it’s private money that’ll pay his wages.
    They are claiming that but I don’t think it holds water. I don’t think the whole thing is a big deal but the rules are rules in this case. He’ll just have to wait

Do you think he'll not have a word on behalf of his new employer over the next 12 months and do you think his employer is cool paying him for nothing?

Bowie wrote: »
    Do you think he'll not have a word on behalf of his new employer over the next 12 months and do you think his employer is cool paying him for nothing?

I don’t think so no. They haven’t lobbied in 3 years. I can’t imagine he’ll be paid either if he’s not allowed take up the role.

And I don’t think it’s the next 12 months. I think he’s eligible from February

Looks like the FG "nothing to see here" is not working this time round.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40056377.html

Leo Varadkar under pressure to explain Michael D'Arcy appointment

The stink was too much.

Hopefully someone better qualified and with less baggage will get the job. "job" I meant yearly handout.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

They only seem to be interested in people with government experience
    well soon enough so,it'll be Pearse and others turning down the headhunters instead making the headlines:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see the tune has changed.

Earlier today the mob were talking about him breaking the law and having to resign the job, now they have backtracked to him being in breach of the spirit of the regulations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    I see the tune has changed.

Earlier today the mob were talking about him breaking the law and having to resign the job, now they have backtracked to him being in breach of the spirit of the regulations.

I see another scandal on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

FG breaking the law I see. These lads are laughing at the electorate. As crooked as they come.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1310540721414385665?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »
    FG breaking the law I see. These lads are laughing at the electorate. As crooked as they come.

Is your shift on the ‘trawl Twitter for Shinner propaganda and post it in Boards’ detail ?

That’s all you’ve done recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is your shift on the ‘trawl Twitter for Shinner propaganda and post it in Boards’ detail ?

That’s all you’ve done recently.

It's all over every news outlet this morning Brenner - someone even managed to keep Eamon Ryan awake long enough to condemn it on Newstalk about ten mins ago, even said Leo shares his concerns.

I couldn't see him mind you, but pinnochio immediately came into my head.

Strange though, RP , how the law and indeed nearly everything is “clear” to Pearse, but the shenanigans around poor Bobby’s ‘funeral’ are clouded in myth and mystery.

The white shirts came in a lorry from Amazon with aul square head in the front seat, they say.

Had to be handed back for the next big ‘commemeration’

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's all over every news outlet this morning Brenner - someone even managed to keep Eamon Ryan awake long enough to condemn it on Newstalk about ten mins ago, even said Leo shares his concerns.

I couldn't see him mind you, but pinnochio immediately came into my head.

Yeh..he's doing the rounds this AM, was on RTE there too. Looks like this one ain't going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

smurgen wrote: »

The force is strong in this one.

This was addressed two pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Strange though, RP , how the law and indeed nearly everything is “clear” to Pearse, but the shenanigans around poor Bobby’s ‘funeral’ are clouded in myth and mystery.

The white shirts came in a lorry from Amazon with aul square head in the front seat, they say.

Had to be handed back for the next big ‘commemeration’

Deflect Deflect Deflect

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They submitted nil returns for 2018, 2019 and 2020 (to date) on the lobbying returns. That indicates that they are not currently active in lobbying and haven't been for some time.

How that plays out will be interesting. The key point for the legislation is whether "engaged in lobbying" covers those who have registered for lobbying purposes but are not carrying out any lobbying.

Just think of what this shower of scum might get away with if SF did not keep an eye on them.

We can all thank SF at the next GE.

Who would have thought it ?,, SF the anti corruption party. It's not just scum that rises to the top,, so does cream.

It'll be like Dara Murphy, with a lot of 'that's terrible so it is', but nothing will change.
    Be interesting to see the spin on the investigation into Sitserv.... if it ever comes out.

I'm still not having much luck finding a second hand / slightly used guillotine.

Any good links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see Regina Doherty was ran out of Meath and is now intending on running for election in Fingal. Word on the street is her arrogant comments in the election debate back in February to the young couple commuting 3 hours a day from Navan while paying eye watering rents and not being able to save for a house deposit are what finished Doherty in Meath, she could never have gotten elected there again after she told that young couple that they should be happy that the economy was doing so well. A classic case of a politician being completely out of touch with the electorate.

So Regina having been rejected by the electorate in Meath is now foisted on to the electorate in Fingal. She should be a good fit in Fingal given the electorate there has a penchant for voting in dodgy FG politicians, between James O'Reilly the doctor who said he was going to fix the HSE and the other lad Alan Farrell and his insurance scamming Regina should find herself nicely at home in a hotbed of Fine Gael failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Doing a great job with the economy.

Not nearly as bad as feared.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0929/1168227-department-of-finance-projections/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I see Regina Doherty was ran out of Meath and is now intending on running for election in Fingal. Word on the street is her arrogant comments in the election debate back in February to the young couple commuting 3 hours a day from Navan while paying eye watering rents and not being able to save for a house deposit are what finished Doherty in Meath, she could never have gotten elected there again after she told that young couple that they should be happy that the economy was doing so well. A classic case of a politician being completely out of touch with the electorate.

So Regina having been rejected by the electorate in Meath is now foisted on to the electorate in Fingal. She should be a good fit in Fingal given the electorate there has a penchant for voting in dodgy FG politicians, between James O'Reilly the doctor who said he was going to fix the HSE and the other lad Alan Farrell and his insurance scamming Regina should find herself nicely at home in a hotbed of Fine Gael failure.

Fatty McDonald was rejected a few times.
    Means nothing.

Muahahaha wrote: »

She lifted a few slates and got punished, told a few truths and and the gamers reacted.

Hope she gets a spot in Fingal, might put manners on that O’Reilly one.

• Advertisement

I see the gave one of their property developer buddies the green light to bulldoze a listed building.

Dublin home of 1916 Rising leader demolished at first light.

Dublin City Council is investigating the circumstances surrounding the demolition of the former home of a 1916 leader.

O'Rahilly House, at 40 Herbert Park in Ballsbridge, was bulldozed early this morning to make way for luxury apartments.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0929/1168260-orahilly-house-dublin/

But if you or I try to build a shed or garden wall, they send the storm troopers around.

Advertisement