Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Only one groups thuggery is being promoted and justified here. For example you are the person who pretends that IRA members had "no choice" but to involve themselves in murder. Well young Dessie Ellis in his free house out in Finglas going about his day repairing tellies seems to me to have plenty of choice. Could have gone to the pub or fishing but decided instead to involve himself in sectarian thuggery by incinerating and mutilating innocent people he had never met. I am tempted to as what your relatives were doing when killed by security forces but will only say for now that the mutilation of one person by Dessie Ellis did nothing for your family members one way or the other.

Not interested in one sided anything but the Glenanne gang dont seem to be represented here nor are the running candidates

Silence represents the Glennane Gang just as profoundly as vocal support.

I have never vocally supported violence Truth. Either here or any where else.

Your willful misunderstanding of the 'no choice' point is typical too. People had to defend themselves violently because they were being violently oppressed.

Once that was allowed to begin then we descended into the conflict/war as happened everywhere in the world were responsibilities were ignored. A more thoughtful and responsible British PM (Harold Wilson) knew this in '69 and tried not to enflame the situation. Tragically he was replaced and we know what happened, the inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You'll have to explain how Warrington, Enniskillen, the torture and murder of Bernard Teggart (a 15 year old with the mental age of 8) were justified.

Hundreds more examples. Take your time, Francie.

You'll have to explain how Warrington, Enniskillen, the torture and murder of Bernard Teggart (a 15 year old with the mental age of 8) were justified.

Hundreds more examples. Take your time, Francie.

I have never justfied any of it Johnny as you well know.

It was all wrong from the start.

But you guys don't want to go near the start or the reasons it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Silence represents the Glennane Gang just as profoundly as vocal support.

I have never vocally supported violence Truth. Either here or any where else.

Your willful misunderstanding of the 'no choice' point is typical too. People had to defend themselves violently because they were being violently oppressed.

Once that was allowed to begin then we descended into the conflict/war as happened everywhere in the world were responsibilities were ignored. A more thoughtful and responsible British PM (Harold Wilson) knew this in '69 and tried not to enflame the situation. Tragically he was replaced and we know what happened, the inevitable.

So silence now "represents" the Glenanne gang?? Even you must know this is rubbish

So who was attacking Dessie Ellis as he went about his days work in Finglas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So seems Leo and Harris knew all along the results were wrong.

In this together and accountability, 2 things this Govt is not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You’re raving, dude.

Not since the early 90's ;)

So silence now "represents" the Glenanne gang?? Even you must know this is rubbish

So who was attacking Dessie Ellis as he went about his days work in Finglas?

It's fairly typical you are reduced to fulminating and frothing about one person.

Read slowly...people had no choice but to meet violence with violence to defend themselves. Because nobody in power took responsibility the conflict/war escalated.
    As Harold Wilson knew people in the south were going to be radicalised and get involved. Research the period he was in power and he actually says it.
    Why do people get radicalised? Because 'they' feel they have no choice.

You may not like that, but that don't change the fact.

Is Ellis committed to the GFA and democratic means? I see nothing to suppose otherwise.

I don't object to any of the players who signed up to the GFA being in elected positions whether they be Republican, Loyalist, Unionist or British.

But you, the so called democrat do.

Only one groups thuggery is being promoted and justified here. For example you are the person who pretends that IRA members had "no choice" but to involve themselves in murder. Well young Dessie Ellis in his free house out in Finglas going about his day repairing tellies seems to me to have plenty of choice. Could have gone to the pub or fishing but decided instead to involve himself in sectarian thuggery by incinerating and mutilating innocent people he had never met. I am tempted to as what your relatives were doing when killed by security forces but will only say for now that the mutilation of one person by Dessie Ellis did nothing for your family members one way or the other.

Not interested in one sided anything but the Glenanne gang dont seem to be represented here nor are the running candidates

*yawn*
    You bring up the same one sided biased discussion on numerous threads. Society has more current issues to concern itself with. Maybe if FF/FG concentrated on their own jobs we might fare better. Certainly the students missing a year would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Charlie Flanagan questioning evidence and attacking RTE. FG seem to have a problem with transparency and truthfulness .

https://twitter.com/darraghmackin/status/1311614388101619712?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

smurgen wrote: »
    Charlie Flanagan questioning evidence and attacking RTE. FG seem to have a problem with transparency and truthfulness .

https://twitter.com/darraghmackin/status/1311614388101619712?s=19

This is not a thread to discuss FG smurgen. Its a SF thread

• Advertisement

It's a testament to the ability and quality of Fine Gael that rather than defend or support their party's monkey shines, they need constantly change the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Charlie's just in a huff that his tan commemoration was cancelled deferred on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

:D:D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Charlie's just in a huff that his tan commemoration was cancelled deferred on him.

Just like Leo got embarrassed by his food parcel rant, Charlie is getting embarrassed by his past beliefs in the allegations of the likes of Sean O'Callaghan.
    Now, just because he doesn't like the message the 'source' is dubious. :)

Would Charlie not be serving his people by calling for these allegations/findings to be fully and ndependently investigated and for any criminality to be punished?

Is that too much to ask of an Irishman?

Just like Leo got embarrassed by his food parcel rant, Charlie is getting embarrassed by his past beliefs in the allegations of the likes of Sean O'Callaghan.
    Now, just because he doesn't like the message the 'source' is dubious. :)

Would Charlie not be serving his people by calling for these allegations/findings to be fully and ndependently investigated and for any criminality to be punished?

Is that too much to ask of an Irishman?

It's about saving face and point scoring. Nothing to be gained for FG in looking into it. It won't damage the shinners and may damage Charlie's chances of getting a KBE. The country or justice doesn't come into it.

It's fairly typical you are reduced to fulminating and frothing about one person.

Read slowly...people had no choice but to meet violence with violence to defend themselves. Because nobody in power took responsibility the conflict/war escalated.
    As Harold Wilson knew people in the south were going to be radicalised and get involved. Research the period he was in power and he actually says it.

Is Ellis committed to the GFA and democratic means? I see nothing to suppose otherwise.

I don't object to any of the players who signed up to the GFA being in elected positions whether they be Republican, Loyalist, Unionist or British.

So no explanation then for why a man benefitting from a free house employed in a peaceful society had no choice but to murder 50 people.

Still entitled to get away with it under the GFA and entitled to run for election. Still believe no decent person should vote for such perverted character or for a party that would welcome such a person or one controlled by similar low lifes who had "no choice". I

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So no explanation then for why a man benefitting from a free house employed in a peaceful society had no choice but to murder 50 people.

Still entitled to get away with it under the GFA and entitled to run for election. Still believe no decent person should vote for such perverted character or for a party that would welcome such a person or one controlled by similar low lifes who had "no choice". I

Who are you referring to here?

Bowie wrote: »
    *yawn*
    You bring up the same one sided biased discussion on numerous threads. Society has more current issues to concern itself with. Maybe if FF/FG concentrated on their own jobs we might fare better. Certainly the students missing a year would.

Sorry for boring you but think the future of the students is better protected in a country not run by criminal scum. So you can rely on me to bring it up every time.

Understand from previous posts that you are good with them in the hope you might get a cheap house. A sleazy bargain that I expect Sinn Fein will prove incapable of honouring

Sorry for boring you but think the future of the students is better protected in a country not run by criminal scum. So you can rely on me to bring it up every time.

Understand from previous posts that you are good with them in the hope you might get a cheap house. A sleazy bargain that I expect Sinn Fein will prove incapable of honouring

Leave it out, not all FG'ers are bad. That's harsh.
    You're boring the hole off me, just commenting on that. If I'm in a FG thread talking on the latest Fine Gael ****wittery I'm not interested in your lamenting the empire days and what have you.

An affordable house for working tax payers. SF's past isn't relevant in that regard. If I thought their cabinet might all be balaclava clad I might post like yourself, but in a relevant thread so as not to bore the hole off people with biased one sided blather.

Leave it out, not all FG'ers are bad. That's harsh.
    You're boring the hole off me, just commenting on that. If I'm in a FG thread talking on the latest Fine Gael ****wittery I'm not interested in your lamenting the empire days and what have you.

An affordable house for working tax payers. SF's past isn't relevant in that regard. If I thought their cabinet might all be balaclava clad I might post like yourself, but in a relevant thread so as not to bore the hole off people with biased one sided blather.

Yep one sided. Will continue to call out all scum. To be fair would also have no time for others such as Michael Lowry and other lesser criminals. Dont see anyone her relentlessly promoting any other criminal riddled enterprise bar Sinn Fein. Also noticed your repeated smear tactics against decent politicians from other parties. A nasty dishonourable practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Think you might need to read up on that John.

There was no charges that would convict him of having to be extradited, he was to be extradited to face charges in the UK, those being

When he was extradited regardless, he was acquitted in a UK court, not of "his extradition" he was acquitted on the aforementioned charges of conspiring to cause explosions in the UK between 81-83.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dessie-ellis-ira-murders-733096-Dec2012/

You don't have to like the man, you don't even have to believe in the legitimacy of his acquittal, you should however be forced to acknowledge it because it happened whether you like it or not.
    The hurt of coming third still bites huh?
    Its politics JF. Could all change next time. Chin up.
    FORE! ;)
    Hilarious, murder is such a lark. Ho ho ho

Not surprising that some find it funny that Ellis escaped conviction for his actions.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/explosive-links-to-a-past-ellis-cannot-escape-28952617.html

"the jury found there was insufficient evidence to convict him of conspiracy to cause the explosions in London"

Insufficient evidence in a criminal court case does not mean innocence of the crime, the Omagh bombers found that out to their financial cost.

It would be worth while if some of you lads had a look at the court transcript and some of the harrowing evidence of what your friend Ellis did.

You are still peddling the lie in bold, no matter how many times you get called out on it. John Hume had a choice, Seamus Mallon too, many of the people I know in the North had a choice, and they made the choice to stay away from the path of violence.

Once again, you will revert that you meant "some people", but isn't it strange that every single time you post this lie, you leave the word "some" out.

Yep one sided. Will continue to call out all scum. To be fair would also have no time for others such as Michael Lowry and other lesser criminals. Dont see anyone her relentlessly promoting any other criminal riddled enterprise bar Sinn Fein. Also noticed your repeated smear tactics against decent politicians from other parties. A nasty dishonourable practice.

Feel free chief but it's like you're talking about the Arsenal management in a Man UTD thread.
    Boss when I criticise or make light of a politician it's based on what they say and do. You are talking the same ****e over and over in the wrong threads. How on earth is discussing the latest FG shenanigans related to shergar being kidnapped or Lord Mountbatten blowing up, (not on YouTube) other than to distract and take us off topic? Very dishonest trying to pass bluster and deflection as calling out anything TBH.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not surprising that some find it funny that Ellis escaped conviction for his actions.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/explosive-links-to-a-past-ellis-cannot-escape-28952617.html

"the jury found there was insufficient evidence to convict him of conspiracy to cause the explosions in London"

Insufficient evidence in a criminal court case does not mean innocence of the crime, the Omagh bombers found that out to their financial cost.

It would be worth while if some of you lads had a look at the court transcript and some of the harrowing evidence of what your friend Ellis did.

I'm inferring, suggesting, claiming, (pick one) that all this faux outrage and shinner obsessive creepy nostalgia for the troubles derives from FG getting their arse handed to them by the electorate and the need to deflect from the actions or inactions of a party you all support. It's dishonest and more importantly a bore IMO. Same conversation over and over in any FG or FF/FG thread because you cannot defend the latest skull****ery from your team.

You are still peddling the lie in bold, no matter how many times you get called out on it. John Hume had a choice, Seamus Mallon too, many of the people I know in the North had a choice, and they made the choice to stay away from the path of violence.

Once again, you will revert that you meant "some people", but isn't it strange that every single time you post this lie, you leave the word "some" out.

Yes we know what they chose and they failed politically until Adams came into the picture and then we got the GFA, the solution.

No island is a homogeneous group of people and circumstances. Some people can choose to do things others don't have that luxury...open your eyes.

Yes we know what they chose and they failed politically until Adams came into the picture and then we got the GFA, the solution.

No island is a homogeneous group of people and circumstances. Some people can choose to do things others don't have that luxury...open your eyes.

Everyone had a choice. Right up to the second they pulled the trigger or set the timer, those IRA thugs had a choice.

I'm inferring, suggesting, claiming, (pick one) that all this faux outrage and shinner obsessive creepy nostalgia for the troubles derives from FG getting their arse handed to them by the electorate and the need to deflect from the actions or inactions of a party you all support. It's dishonest and more importantly a bore IMO. Same conversation over and over in any FG or FF/FG thread because you cannot defend the latest skull****ery from your team.

I would detest Sinn Fein no matter who was in power. I would focus on their disgusting hypocrisy no matter what.

Everyone had a choice. Right up to the second they pulled the trigger or set the timer, those IRA thugs had a choice.

Yes and they chose to pull it. Just like choices were made to begin it all.

It was all wrong from the beginning.

I would detest Sinn Fein no matter who was in power. I would focus on their disgusting hypocrisy no matter what.

Why in a Fine Gael thread?

Coincidentally it worsens when FF/FG have made a show of themselves or get found out ;)

• Advertisement

Feel free chief but it's like you're talking about the Arsenal management in a Man UTD thread.
    Boss when I criticise or make light of a politician it's based on what they say and do. You are talking the same ****e over and over in the wrong threads. How on earth is discussing the latest FG shenanigans related to shergar being kidnapped or Lord Mountbatten blowing up, (not on YouTube) other than to distract and take us off topic? Very dishonest trying to pass bluster and deflection as calling out anything TBH.

"the same ****e" really. Thats all you think of the victims. The thread is about FG. Sinn Fein are the main opposition. Posters such as yourself promote and justify them as a viable alternative. So they will be mentioned continiously. Plus the smear campaign you carry out on their behalf is reprehensible.

Advertisement