Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Who gives a toss if he dies or not, makes no difference to us.

You really need a new tune. Why not head over to the Rugby forum to tell them how uninterested you are in Rugby. Or is it just current affairs and politics that compels you so much to repeatedly announce your disinterest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I've been saying for a few months now that 2020 was no doubt going to have a spectacular season finale but I didn't expect the writers to come up with something this original.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    Where?

It was no more than ten posts before I posted.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

OK I stand corrected.

Do you honestly do no reading or research of your own?

How many times have you come into this thread with nonsense, had your nonsense torn to shreds and you’ve have to put your hands up and admit you were wrong?

Seriously, do some reading and some research of your own sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Brian? wrote: »
    What's this nonsense now? I was replying directly to someone telling lies about the democrats.

I am not a fan of lying in general, have you some point to make?

Only that he's not interested and that nobody else should be interested either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    It was no more than ten posts before I posted.

Fire it up then, or are you going to blame the app again? You do realise if you use the Web browser you won't have these issues

duploelabs wrote:
    Fire it up then, or are you going to blame the app again? You do realise if you use the Web browser you won't have these issues
    You quoted my post, how did you miss the post about it? Actually I see you quoted it and went off on some ridic line about comparing it to Trump joking about Hilary's health.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Faugheen wrote: »
    YOU EVIL BASTARD something something.

Really don’t understand what the crybaby anti-liberals have such an issue with people correctly pointing out that he didn’t take this seriously enough and now he’s paying the price.

The hypocrisy is hilarious coming from a party that go around with these flags

https://twitter.com/NKingofDC/status/1312383754892181504?s=20

You quoted my post, how did you miss the post about it? Actually I see you quoted it and went off on some ridic line about comparing it to Trump joking about Hilary's health.

So no one of standing in the Democratic party has wished death on trump? How do you know trump was joking about Hilary's health?

You seethe big thing I see going on here is people comparing Democrats behaviour with ugly Republican behaviour.
    Well the Democrat party I followed for many years was a respectable party. There was none of this gutter politics.

They were always above it and tbh I always looked at democrat supporters, for the most part, as more enlightened, more intelligent people.
    The Republican party has always been about the super rich and fooling the not so smart into voting for them with all the take pride in your armed forces and defend your home with a gun balderdash.
    Now there's many Democrats swimming in the murky waters and acting like you'd expect idiot Republicans to.
    There should be no childish stuff like, well look at what that Republican done, because you shouldn't have to defend yourself for being a horrible person if you are a Democrat because you should not be acting that way.
    The likes of Nancy Pelosi encourages these types of people, she mightn't mean to but she is down in the gutter playing dirty. She's a despicable human being imo.

• Advertisement

You seethe big thing I see going on here is people comparing Democrats behaviour with ugly Republican behaviour.
    Well the Democrat party I followed for many years was a respectable party. There was none of this gutter politics.

They were always above it and tbh I always looked at democrat supporters, for the most part, as more enlightened, more intelligent people.
    The Republican party has always been about the super rich and fooling the not so smart into voting for them with all the take pride in your armed forces and defend your home with a gun balderdash.
    Now there's many Democrats swimming in the murky waters and acting like you'd expect idiot Republicans to.
    There should be no childish stuff like, well look at what that Republican done, because you shouldn't have to defend yourself for being a horrible person if you are a Democrat because you should not be acting that way.
    The likes of Nancy Pelosi encourages these types of people, she mightn't mean to but she is down in the gutter playing dirty. She's a despicable human being imo.
    Quote Nancy Pelosi and what she did say to encourage these types of people

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"We all received that news with great sadness," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC. "I always pray for the president and his family that they're safe."

Yeah despicable stuff altogether.

An example of her actions which would encourage these idiots would be what she did at the State of the Union address.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You talk of the Democratic party of years gone by as being a paragon of virtue and then list Pelosi as an example of a current "malaise" of low behaviours yet Pelosi has been a leading light of the party for decades.

Has she changed recently or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

An example of her actions which would encourage these idiots would be what she did at the State of the Union address.

Really ?? ..... I mean really ?????

I said "to my knowledge". Am I wrong? Has Donald Trump had Tweets censored? What about Joe Biden? Why has the likes of Parlor and Gab seen explosions of new members? It's not just Twitter...

Those sites are populated by extremists. They're more a symptom of the growth of far right extremism.

weisses wrote:
    Really ?? ..... I mean really ?????
    Yes, it was highly disrespectful to the Office of the Presiden of the United States of America.
    There's times to say or do things and then there's times that you don't. The State of the Union is a historically important Presidential occasion so acting with disrespect there is disgraceful behaviour.
    I understand that Trump is an imbecile but the State of the Union address is not the place for that sort of behaviour.

Your reading skills are quite poor. I said she mightn't mean to.

Eh, she hasn't done anything to. Same for Biden meanwhile Trump was pushing plenty about Clinton and Biden's health. You yourself have pushed conspiracies about Biden being senile.
    Yes, it was highly disrespectful to the Office of the Presiden of the United States of America.
    There's times to say or do things and then there's times that you don't. The State of the Union is a historically important Presidential occasion so acting with disrespect there is disgraceful behaviour.
    I understand that Trump is an imbecile but the State of the Union address is not the place for that sort of behaviour.

Trump has never shown respect to the office if the President. So I would say he never earned the respect that's generally afforded to the office. He's abused his role since day one.

Eh, she hasn't done anything to. Same for Biden meanwhile Trump was pushing plenty about Clinton and Biden's health. You yourself have pushed conspiracies about Biden being senile.
    What am I supposed to think when on live TV he called Corey Booker the President, then corrects himself and calls him the future President? When he tells the media that he met a man that's been dead for years?

Trump has never shown respect to the office if the President. So I would say he never earned the respect that's generally afforded to the office. He's abused his role since day one.
    You don't seem to understand that her actions there were not just disrespecting Trump but every other President in history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What am I supposed to think when on live TV he called Corey Booker the President, then corrects himself and calls him the future President? When he tells the media that he met a man that's been dead for years?

Trump said the soldiers during the civil war took over the airports, have you never got mixed up before?

Trump said the soldiers during the civil war took over the airports, have you never got mixed up before?
    Why are you bringing up Trump. You are deflecting here.
    Of course I've made mistakes but calling Corey Booker the President and saying you met a man that's been dead for twenty years are not mistakes I'd ever make.

You don't seem to understand that her actions there were not just disrespecting Trump but every other President in history.

No, that's a conclusion you've reached. It's not the absolute truth that you view it to be. Eg there's plenty of former Presidents that are alive and well, have any called out her behaviour as unacceptable?

Also Biden getting through a debate and town hall really puts your senility narrative in doubt. I make stupid slip ups in conversations. I'm not yet 30 so doubtful that it's dementia, literally been in conversations where I've blanked on the names of people that I know.

Your reading skills are quite poor. I said she mightn't mean to.

My reading skills are just fine.

You accusations about Kamala Harris sleeping her way to the top, yet failed when confronted to back anything up.

You've done the same here with Pelosi.

You've a track record of making baseless accusations against senior members of the Democratic party, with the caveat that you 'despise' trump which everyone sees through, and then whinge when you're challenged on this bullsh!t.

So if you're going to debate and want to be taken seriously then cop on, don't deflect, and provide citation

Also Biden getting through a debate and town hall really puts your senility narrative in doubt. I make stupid slip ups in conversations. I'm not yet 30 so doubtful that it's dementia, literally been in conversations where I've blanked on the names of people that I know.
    Hang on. I haven't mentioned his senility since the debate until somebody brought it up today. I just explained my reasons for having those thoughts. I thinks it's pretty normal to think that when he did those things, along with lots of more minor gaffs.

I said the debate was a draw and if I had to pick a winner that I'd pick Joe Biden. I haven't brought up his senility in quite a while and he showed no signs of it at the debate.

You see what you fail to understand is that there is no agenda on my part. Well apart from wanting to see the Democrat party return to being the respectable, well-mannered party that they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

When did you follow the democrats, back in the day when George Wallace was governor?

duploelabs wrote:
    You accusations about Kamala Harris sleeping her way to the top, yet failed when confronted to back anything up.
    Look if you sleep with your boss and get promoted twice while you are doing it you can expect it to be questioned. When the man is over double your age then it's even more questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The difference is people are quoting no-marks wishing Trump ill anď saying thus is representative of Democrats, while Biden, Harris, Obama and others have wished him well. When the Republicans get nasty, it comes right from the top.

Not only Biden, Harris and Obama but Hillary Clinton too. Given that Trump mocked her having pneumonia 4 years ago and constantly led chants of Lock her Up during his rallies Hillary of all people could have just maintained radio silence. But she didn't, she wished the president well

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1312188410224799745

Look if you sleep with your boss and get promoted twice while you are doing it you can expect it to be questioned. When the man is over double your age then it's even more questionable.

Little bit weird to be doing it when it was literally decades ago and she's had a highly successful career entirely on her own merits. Plus you portrayed it as an affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why are you bringing up Trump. You are deflecting here.
    Of course I've made mistakes but calling Corey Booker the President and saying you met a man that's been dead for twenty years are not mistakes I'd ever make.

I've called my own son the wrong name, I've got mixed up about the people I have met (similar names) how many does Biden meet a year?

I guess you must be the exception that NEVER makes a mistake :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement