Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Is hiden Biden doing any campaigning today or is he finishing up at 9:20am again?

Gotta get that rest Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is hiden Biden doing any campaigning today or is he finishing up at 9:20am again?

Gotta get that rest Joe.

if you mean is he holding rallies where the attendees are spreading covid and dying as a result then no, he is not doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Gotta get that rest Joe.

...every single day.

The only people that think this are his poorly educated, easily amused base. The rest of us don't find his insults and crass behaviour entertaining.

I'm not saying I agree with his style, but things like "because you'd be in jail" to HRC had such unbelievable timing and delivery that they were all a lot of people could remember from those debates. You simply can't deny it, Trump is kind of funny and he knows how to think on his feet in debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Gotta get that rest Joe.

Are we seriously going to start a debate about working hours? You really want to start that with Trump?

How many days has he been on the gold course again? How many hours does he spend watching TV everyday?

Trump is probably the laziest POTUS in history.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Are we seriously going to start a debate about working hours? You really want to start that with Trump?

How many days has he been on the gold course again? How many hours does he spend watching TV everyday?

Trump is probably the laziest POTUS in history.

Not too shabby that he still manages to get peace deals in Middle East and North Korea. He is a terrible fascist really. Not a single foreign war started anywhere either.

Not too shabby that he still manages to get peace deals in Middle East and North Korea. He is a terrible fascist really. Not a single foreign war started anywhere either.

What peace deal with NK? Kudos for the ME deals no doubt about that, I have my concerns about the longevity and usefulness of them but they are a step in the right direction and to be applauded.

So he managed to get something done over 4 years. Are you trying to argue that he hasn't spent massive amounts of time on the golf course. Takng whole weekends off while a virus surges through the country?

That he doesn't spend inordinate amounts of time watching TV.

Obama didn't start any wars either, I wonder who was VP for those 8 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Be careful, Trump is not inclined to war, however he is also inclined to take a back seat when the military has a plan. He has given the US military the OK for assassinations in Yemen and Iraq against Iranian targets. A few Arab monarchies frightened of neighbouring Iran will happily do a deal with the devil in this case Israel. Israel logically enough is still trying to secure water resources and long term its eyes are on fertile parts of Syria and Lebanon which are controlled by groups that are allied with Iran for their own protection since they know what Israel's intentions are. Before Covid hit, the US was actively engaged in operations in Iraq to eliminate the Iranians. The virus hit the Iranian leadership hard at the same time which has probably delayed their response. The Iranian leaderships goal is to push the United States out of its neighbourhood and given its alignment with China and Russia it will want to keep the gulf monarchies in check. Ultimately my opinion is this is probably an arms deal (weapons sales are a protection payoff to the United States) masquerading as a peace deal. The question at the back of my mind is this an action to counterbalance Iran and China in the middle East while allowing the Americas to withdraw quietly (peace with honour)? How will the Iranian leadership take its revenge for the assassination of its generals?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

Gotta get that rest Joe.

He does actually need it.

He'll likely be president soon, so he'll be nearly too busy to sleep with cleaning up Trump's mess.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What peace deal with NK? Kudos for the ME deals no doubt about that, I have my concerns about the longevity and usefulness of them but they are a step in the right direction and to be applauded.

So he managed to get something done over 4 years. Are you trying to argue that he hasn't spent massive amounts of time on the golf course. Takng whole weekends off while a virus surges through the country?

That he doesn't spend inordinate amounts of time watching TV.

Obama didn't start any wars either, I wonder who was VP for those 8 years?

When Dubya was president his enemies were saying he was the laziest ever.
    Same for Obama.
    If Biden gets elected his opponents will claim he is the laziest ever.

It's kind of tiring.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but with Trump we have the facts to back it up.

I'll ask the questions again. How many days golfing has he done? How many hours a day watching TV?

He clearly spends more hours on the campaign trail, including rambling TC interviews on Fox n Friends. Plenty of reports for staff within the WH of his ability of read the briefs.

So sure, every POTUS is going to be attacked by the other side, but with Trump the facts show it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

When Dubya was president his enemies were saying he was the laziest ever.
    Same for Obama.
    If Biden gets elected his opponents will claim he is the laziest ever.

It's kind of tiring.

US presidents generally do nothing.

Reagan slept during the day.

It just shows that the office isn't as important as people make it out to be. Power and influence lies elsewhere.

US presidents generally do nothing.

Reagan slept during the day.

It just shows that the office isn't as important as people make it out to be. Power and influence lies elsewhere.

Agreement in principle is often agreed on the golf course , the finer details are worked out later by the bureaucrats. Reagan made $2 million after leaving the office, Obama did well, those book sales and board appointments and after dinner speeches keep him busy. Lots of fine people use Trump hotels and resorts.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Gotta get that rest Joe.
    Here, you posted another doctored video the last day and didn't respond when I asked if you knew it was doctored.

Did you know the last video you posted was deceptively edited when you made your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Gotta get that rest Joe.

Edited clips and limp jokes. Have you got anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

MadYaker wrote: »
    Edited clips and limp jokes. Have you got anything else?

They have a childish insult, what more could you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm not saying I agree with his style, but things like "because you'd be in jail" to HRC had such unbelievable timing and delivery that they were all a lot of people could remember from those debates. You simply can't deny it, Trump is kind of funny and he knows how to think on his feet in debates.

"Unbelievable timing and delivery" you're having a laugh. He wasn't funny then and he's still not funny now and if you think he is, it doesn't take much to amuse you. The only things he can think of "on his feet" are stupid childish insults. Pity he can't actually answer a serious question "on his feet".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

MadYaker wrote: »
    It could all hinge on Florida. If Biden wins Florida it doesn’t look like Trump has any path to 270 electoral college votes.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/polls-trump-biden-analysis/index.html

Trump ahead in the most recent poll in Florida. Uh-oh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

AllForIt wrote: »

Biden doesn't need Florida. He's out to 77% likely to win.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

How much of US elections is just spent analysing endless polls weeks and months before the actual election?

• Advertisement

Robin Williams playing Reagan where the earpiece picks up the wrong transmissions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

How much of US elections is just spent analysing endless polls weeks and months before the actual election?

31.2% according to the recent poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump's administration allowed a fifth of those deaths with one twentieth of the world's population

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump's administration allowed a fifth of those deaths with one twentieth of the world's population
    Donnie's all about that winning :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Donnie's all about that winning :cool:

whining surely?

The polls are useless. Just like in 2016 everybody lied to the pollsters and come polling day voted for Trump. It will be the same this time but even more of a margin in his favour.

Brian? wrote: »
    Biden doesn't need Florida. He's out to 77% likely to win.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Clinton was 95% likely to win a week before the election in 2016. How'd that work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Clinton was 95% likely to win a week before the election in 2016. How'd that work out?

Well this is a lie

• Advertisement

Joe caught using a teleprompter yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoIW1onhbJk

Come on mannnn!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement