Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response - Part II - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Woody79 wrote: »
    Why have you had jabs in both UK and Ireland?
    It was the quickest way to get fully vaccinated. Had to return to Dublin before I could get my 2nd UK jab, and luck would have it my age group opened up in Ireland just after I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

I needed to give my NHS number to book an appointment. When I did go to the center to get my vax I wasn't asked for any proof of ID and just had to give my name.

I'm not sure how the new walk in centers are working but assume it's at least asked for to link it to your health record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

PommieBast wrote: »
    I was a bit surprised that the Irish jabbing centre were happy to add the details from my NHS appointment card to the system and list me as fully vaccinated.
    Out of interest, how did you manage this? I had my first jab up North but it would be far more convenient for me now to get my second jab in the South.

I assumed it wasn't possible but it sounds like you had no problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I am double vaccinated and although my booking was through my NHS number, all I had to show was the letter. No ID or anything like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I am double vaccinated and although my booking was through my NHS number, all I had to show was the letter. No ID or anything like it
    I actually didn't even provide my NHS number when I registered as I didn't have it on me at the time. I assumed they would ask at the hospital on the day but they never did, just my photo id.

Based on my experience anybody could have rocked up North and got their jab using a fake NI address. Although in saying that, maybe they could link it up to my record using my name and DOB, no idea tbh.

• Advertisement

Dante wrote: »
    Out of interest, how did you manage this? I had my first jab up North but it would be far more convenient for me now to get my second jab in the South.
    I'm Irish resident (had PPS, Eirecode, etc) so I already ticked whatever boxes the Dublin centre wanted. If anything registering with a GP at my parents' place over in the UK was bending the rules, but guessing I was not a complete unknown so they didn't check closely..

Had the vaccines been different I would have simply kept quiet about my first jabbing.

Based on my experience anybody could have rocked up North and got their jab using a fake NI address. Although in saying that, maybe they could link it up to my record using my name and DOB, no idea tbh.
    My guess is that in NI they would have been on the lookout for people chancing it. Over on the mainland jabbing centres were literally dragging random people off the streets in the last hour or so, and being able to jump the priority queue by camping outside around 8pm was hardly a secret.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I actually didn't even provide my NHS number when I registered as I didn't have it on me at the time. I assumed they would ask at the hospital on the day but they never did, just my photo id.

I'd logged in to check about the moving date of second dose when that was first mentioned just to see what it said, the date was only a week away anyway so was purely curiosity. Didn't have my number on me at the time, and was on a different device to where I'd made the initial booking. Found my booking details no problem with just the post code, date of birth and name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have been managing my booking with just name, post code and DoB too as I don't think I even know my NHS number but I do think somewhere behind the scenes they are linked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's definitely linked to the NHS number, but the chances of someone else in your same postcode, with the same date of birth and name are fairly slim, unless you are a twin still living at your parents and they were not very imaginative with the names and just called you sproglet one and sproglet two.

Don't think they require an NHS number in GB and will just give the jab if you turn up and have a name and address (although that isn't required as they were apparently meant to be doing jabs with homeless people as well). For NI it would make sense for them to require an NHS number just purely to prevent mass vaccine tourism.

It's mainly a case of stick a needle in any arm that gets offered up in front of them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just watched BBC news. 19th July, no masks, no social distancing, no limit on numbers at events etc. Then says expecting to see another 50,000 cases by that date and inevitable deaths.

Are they going on the science and their models or are they too stubborn to backtrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Basically if you haven't bothered to be vaccinated by that stage, you are being cut loose.
    It's been open to all age groups for last month.

The link between cases & hospitalisation is broken or weakened according to chief medical officer.
    Hospital admissions were the reason we have had hard lockdowns.

Great news for the UK. The link between cases and deaths has been broken, time to get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

This is being done to drive up the infection rate (or perceived rate) and create another panic. This will result in a further set of lockdowns lasting into 2022.
    These will likely be blamed on those who've refused to inject and on anyone refusing to comply with any aspect of the agenda. The fear of maskless hordes rampaging through supermarkets is already evident in responses on Twitter.
    Giving the public a taste of freedom will only increase their anger against the directed target when those freedoms are once again removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    This is being done to drive up the infection rate (or perceived rate) and create another panic. This will result in a further set of lockdowns lasting into 2022.
    These will likely be blamed on those who've refused to inject and on anyone refusing to comply with any aspect of the agenda. The fear of maskless hordes rampaging through supermarkets is already evident in responses on Twitter.
    Giving the public a taste of freedom will only increase their anger against the directed target when those freedoms are once again removed.

For what purpose? Who is driving this agenda and why?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ongarite wrote: »
    Basically if you haven't bothered to be vaccinated by that stage, you are being cut loose.
    It's been open to all age groups for last month.
    Just because you are vaccinated does not mean that you won't get it!

My anger certainly won't be directed at "anyone refusing to comply with any aspect of the agenda", whatever the "agenda" is. It'll be directed at anyone in government who thought it was a good idea to lift all restrictions while cases continue to soar.

At least Boris had to decency to say he'll continue to wear a mask unlike all the others who have acted as spokespeople for this move and made it very clear their days off mask wearing is coming to an end.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Take it to the Conspiracy Theories Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

S.M.B. wrote: »
    My anger certainly won't be directed at "anyone refusing to comply with any aspect of the agenda", whatever the "agenda" is. It'll be directed at anyone in government who thought it was a good idea to lift all restrictions while cases continue to soar.

At least Boris had to decency to say he'll continue to wear a mask unlike all the others who have acted as spokespeople for this move and made it very clear their days off mask wearing is coming to an end.

Funny the man who has taken zero personal responsibility in his own life suddenly will act responsibly and wear a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Random question but I've lost the little card thing they gave you after the first jab here, do you need this to get the second one? My work colleague said it was the first thing they asked for his second jab and I wouldn't be able to get it without. Sounds like bs to me , surely half the people have lost or forgot this by the time they go for second?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

For what purpose? Who is driving this agenda and why?

Conspiracy theorists

Seriously I admire this gung-ho approach from BJ

Too many cowering afraid to get back to normal

Are the masks going away legally ?

rekluse, I don't think it's the only means of tracking if you are entitled to the second jab but I think it's the easiest.

I have left mine aside and have a reminder in place to take it out when I get my second jab next Saturday.

I'm assuming the same data is logged elsewhere but not sure how much of a headache it is for then to retrieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Random question but I've lost the little card thing they gave you after the first jab here, do you need this to get the second one? My work colleague said it was the first thing they asked for his second jab and I wouldn't be able to get it without. Sounds like bs to me , surely half the people have lost or forgot this by the time they go for second?

If you download the NHS app (not the Covid one) all the details of your first dose should be there under your vaccine record, identical to the card. Not sure they need it, just makes it easier for them

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Just because you are vaccinated does not mean that you won't get it!

Nothing is certain of course, there are examples of people who have been vaccinated getting it, you are however much less likely to get it if you are vaccinated and if you get it you have only a slim chance of getting seriously ill.
    I was a very close contact recently of someone who was infected. I am currently isolating, 4 days left and had multiple clear tests (1 PCR). As someone who is double vaccinated, as is my entire family, I am no longer afraid of catching it, they only thing keeping me cautious is the worry I might pass it on.

Henry... wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists

Seriously I admire this gung-ho approach from BJ

Too many cowering afraid to get back to normal

Are the masks going away legally ?

Yup, no requirement to wear one.

Yup, no requirement to wear one.

Proper order

If the mask brigade get their way they'll have us all going round in masks forever

Henry... wrote: »
    Proper order

If the mask brigade get their way they'll have us all going round in masks forever

Well according to some we will have to wear masks forever because

Bill Gates, satanic cabals, the "elites" and many other too numerous to mention will insist on it

Bill Gates, satanic cabals, the "elites" and many other too numerous to mention will insist on it

Anyone that wants a mask can get one of these super duper jobbies with the quadruple lining for all I care

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

If wearing a mask in public places bought me back my other stolen freedoms, I'd put up with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

It's weird to see a bunch of Irish people support a British strategy that endangers Irish health and freedom.

Advertisement