Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

polesheep wrote: »
    That statement is both wrong and moronic.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Yes I believe there's been studies in America that show this in spades

Oh, I'm not arguing about that. It does disproportionately effect people from minority backgrounds, but as far as I'm aware that has more to do with socio economic factors, rather than the virus being inherently more dangerous or infectious if you're black or white.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

But some may be willing to sacrifice the two weeks to make use of the money already spent

Sure but they shouldn't whinge about it if thats what they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

If only there was experts in Vitamin D in Ireland with a quality FAQ and substantial publication output.

https://www.ucc.ie/en/vitamind/faqs/

That statement is both wrong and moronic.

How are you forced to go on Holiday?

Unless someone is putting a gun to your head forcing you to go on holiday its YOUR choice. Or maybe its your mammy and daddy in which case you likely wont be loosing pay anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

petes wrote: »
    How so?

So if I buy a new car and it turns out to be a lemon I shouldn't pursue the car dealer as it's entirely my responsibility for having decided to buy that car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Arghus wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not arguing about that. It does disproportionately effect people from minority backgrounds, but as far as I'm aware that has more to do with socio economic factors than the virus being inherently more dangerous or infectious if you're black or white.

For sure. Coming from a poor socio economic demographic means, more than likely, your diet is shíte. This leads to a weak immune sytem etc

I wonder what the stats are for black and white people getting this once you take away this though and compare like with like

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Has the sky fallen down yet ?

pjohnson wrote: »
    How are you forced to go on Holiday?

Unless someone is putting a gun to your head forcing you to go on holiday its YOUR choice. Or maybe its your mammy and daddy in which case you likely wont be loosing pay anyway.

If I'm being threatened with a punishment for going then how do I have a free choice?

And my mammy and daddy are dead many, many years.

Has the sky fallen down yet ?

Only on boards.

• Advertisement

So if I buy a new car and it turns out to be a lemon I shouldn't pursue the car dealer as it's entirely my responsibility for having decided to buy that car?

Oh you've changed the goal posts. Or forgotten. You were talking about holidays, not buying a car. You appear to have gotten confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

The person who created the pcr testing doesn't agree its suitable for covid 19 diagnosis.

With numbers already being meddled with and they admitted this. How much faith can we have in the numbers released day on day?
    I'm really surprised with how much people just glossed over that headline.Who made the error in reporting numbers?

My own sister used the term the new normal over a text msg today, she herself admitted to only taking her news from Rte.

Onesea wrote: »
    The person who created the pcr testing doesn't agree its suitable for covid 19 diagnosis.

With numbers already being meddled with and they admitted this. How much faith can we have in the numbers released day on day?
    I'm really surprised with how much people just glossed over that headline.Who made the error in reporting numbers?

My own sister used the term the new normal over a text msg today, she herself admitted to only taking her news from Rte.

Can you cite all of the sources from each of those assertions please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If I'm being threatened with a punishment for going then how do I have a free choice?

You aren't being forced to go on a holiday abroad.

You have the free choice to:

1) not to go in order to avoid this "punishment".

2) go and then face the "punishment"

Theres no gun to your head forcing you to pick either option so if you are all grown up you can make your own choice.

Adults can make their own choices dont blame others for the choice YOU make.

Gardaí should call to homes of people who refuse to take Covid-19 test, TD tells Dáil committee

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-testing-gardai-visit-people-refuse-5155861-Jul2020/

Fine Gael TD Fergus O’Dowd told the Dail Covid-19 committee 1,314 people who are a direct contact of a person who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, have not turned up for a test.

“That seems like a very high figure to me,” he told the committee.

O’Dowd said Gardaí could call to their homes and ask them to take a test as it is a serious public health issue.

Eh?

The Irish have very low levels of Vitamin D surely? We don't get a single bit of it from the sun for 7 months a year (September to March)

Skin tone influences vitamin d levels. Lighter skin tone creates more. In warm counties you get high levels of vitamin d with light skin, so humans evolved darker skin to prevent distraction of folic acid. As we moved to less sunny regions we evolved lighter skin tones. When the heavy plough was invented allowing us to till more marginal land in north west Europe and move to a more grain based diet we evolved even lighter skin to absorb more vitamin d. That’s why Scandinavians tan more than we do. The retained a large herring intake in their diet meaning they needed less vitamin d from the sun. When people move to Northern Europe from warmer climate they lose the vitamin d from the sun. Skin tone is a battle between vitamin d and folic acid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

PCR inventor – who died in 2019 – did not say his test won’t work for COVID-19 infections

https://www.aap.com.au/pcr-inventor-who-died-in-2019-did-not-say-his-test-wont-work-for-covid-19-infections/

He's dead right, either take the test or mandatory quarantine.

Just as I imagined. Onsea talking through a length of wavin pipe.

I don't understand how it works so therefore, it DOESN'T work! :mad:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh you've changed the goal posts. Or forgotten. You were talking about holidays, not buying a car. You appear to have gotten confused.

No, you claimed that I have full responsibility for the consequences of my own decisions, I gave you an example as to why you are wrong. You are attempting to shift the goalposts by claiming a shifting of the goalposts. 🙄 I don't respond to your poorly argued nonsense but forgot on this occasion. So I'm going to leave it there and put you on ignore as you only seem to post for argument's sake.

No, you claimed that I have full responsibility for the consequences of my own decisions, I gave you an example as to why you are wrong. You are attempting to shift the goalposts by claiming a shifting of the goalposts. 🙄 I don't respond to your poorly argued nonsense but forgot on this occasion. So I'm going to leave it there and put you on ignore as you only seem to post for argument's sake.

I was talking about the actual topic of travel and its consequences. You started waffling about buying a car. Now throw a tantrum because you repeatedly cant explain how someone is FORCED to holiday against their will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

RTÉ leading after the break with, emphasis added by Sharon, "World coronavirus cases surpass 15m" and "Trump says it will get worse before it gets better". Haha I think it's safe to go with the opposite of what Trump says in respect of the coronavirus crisis as a rule of thumb. The 15m point is so irrelevant by itself, like if there were 2 cases today in the world and it took us over 15m that statement would be true!

Skin tone influences vitamin d levels. Lighter skin tone creates more. In warm counties you get high levels of vitamin d with light skin, so humans evolved darker skin to prevent distraction of folic acid. As we moved to less sunny regions we evolved lighter skin tones. When the heavy plough was invented allowing us to till more marginal land in north west Europe and move to a more grain based diet we evolved even lighter skin to absorb more vitamin d. That’s why Scandinavians tan more than we do. The retained a large herring intake in their diet meaning they needed less vitamin d from the sun. When people move to Northern Europe from warmer climate they lose the vitamin d from the sun. Skin tone is a battle between vitamin d and folic acid

All good, valid points Rain

But the point still stands that the Irish get no Vitamin D from the sun for half the year

So we have to top it up from September to March with supplements and a better Vitamin D led diet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

From accros the pond in the uk
    They've retracted their figures from 45k to 29k.

A death rate of 0.0024% by THEIR admission.

We still know that is a lie as their tests are flawed and STILL cannot isolate covid19 from the rest of the Corona family.

However, also by their own admission, only 1379 deaths without pre-existing conditions - out of a population of 57million!

Twice as many people die a year from falling over! Shall we just ban any movement at all?!

That's a death rate of 0.0001%. And we shut the world down.

Even more crazy is the death rate of under 60 with no pre-existing conditions which is 0.000006%

1 person in 41,000 people with no KNOWN underlying conditions has died of covid!

1 person in 138,000 under 60 has died of covid!

And that is even with their flawed tests and rigged results.

We have the whole world bending over to their tyranny when you are:

10 times MORE likely to fall down the stairs

25 times MORE likely to be hit by a car

327 time MORE likely to get food poisoning

You are only 10 times more likely to die from covid than be hit by lightning!

Do you have a link to this retraction of almost 20k deaths? All I can find is that death figures are "under review"

RTÉ leading after the break with, emphasis added by Sharon, "World coronavirus cases surpass 15m" and "Trump says it will get worse before it gets better". Haha I think it's safe to go with the opposite of what Trump says in respect of the coronavirus crisis as a rule of thumb. The 15m point is so irrelevant by itself, like if there were 2 cases today in the world and it took us over 15m that statement would be true!
    Wait until they find out that it's probably many multiples of 15 million :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It's behind a paywall

Can you paste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Do you have a link to this retraction of almost 20k deaths? All I can find is that death figures are "under review"

No sorry, this was copied from some crackpots page on Facebook. So it's prob all bs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's behind a paywall

Can you paste?

http://archive.ph/Id9tw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement