Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wildwillow

smurfjed wrote: »
    Yikes, you would actually enjoy that weather ?? There is a reason that I’m up at 6am, and that is to enjoy the outdoor pool before it turns into a lobster pot.

Admittedly, the humidity is low, in my coastal home city, the temperatures are a bit cooler but the humidity is 60-70% and that is a nightmare.

I couldn't survive in those conditions. Give me cool and rainy any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My pool :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=521381&d=1595996620

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yikes, you would actually enjoy that weather ?? There is a reason that I’m up at 6am, and that is to enjoy the outdoor pool before it turns into a lobster pot.

Admittedly, the humidity is low, in my coastal home city, the temperatures are a bit cooler but the humidity is 60-70% and that is a nightmare.
    It's humidity that is the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, looking at what's on for the day. The sea was like a pond down the pier this morning.

Happy Hump day Wherers!

Smurf, I have no idea how you deal with heat like that! I was had a week in Madrid last June and it hit 40 degress one day and I was dying of heat... I could never get used to that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wildwillow wrote: »
    I couldn't survive in those conditions. Give me cool and rainy any day.

Amen to this!

Deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,851 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seph , you painting today or are you finished already ?

Coffee time here :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seph , you painting today or are you finished already ?

Coffee time here :)

No I'm just describing mam, which reminds me I better get my 10 words sorted :eek:

No I'm just describing mam, which reminds me I better get my 10 words sorted :eek:

Lol , good luck with that , it's hard to condense them into so few words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Visit me, we will have a balmy 46C today with a light breeze, if you time it properly the UV index will be 13 with 330 IUs per minute, so you can tan beautifully in 10 minutes and be like a tomato in 11 minutes. Wine available, red white or rose, all hand produced in someone’s bathtub.
    What more could you ask for ?:)
    Thanks! I'll check where you can land near me and send you the coordinates. :D

Deskside still , was tidying up my room a bit and found an unopened box which had a french press in it, I brought it last year before I got my v60 and forgot about it, I'm gonna give it a go there and I'll report back on my findings 😎🤔😃.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Tayto frigging Park.
    Spent a fortune on tickets and wristbands and the little brats will only play in the playground.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Tayto frigging Park.
    Spent a fortune on tickets and wristbands and the little brats will only play in the playground.

Bring us back a tayto bar please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bring us back a tayto bar please :pac:

Do they still make them? Get yourself a dairymilk and eat it with Tayto.

Do they still make them? Get yourself a dairymilk and eat it with Tayto.

Not in the shops but I'm hoping tayto park might have them :pac:

Couchside after getting my stitches out my gum. Randomly booked a few days in Clonakilty at the end of August, they better have good Guinness for me :D

Just went to charge my phone but it started beeping and a message came on saying that there is moisture detected, I got absolutely soaked going to the shop after work and had my phone and charger in my bag so I don't know which has the problem, bet my phone will die now. I got a good charger delivered yesterday but of course I ordered the wrong one, I absolutely hate technology, nothing works for me and I've no patience so never read instructions etc. On a good note I'm heading to my friends for dinner and drinks shortly, cant bloody wait and no work tomorrow makes it even better. Going to try charging my phone again now,wish me luck as I have a feeling it won't end well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Duvet, rice or silica is your friend, not while charging though

I'm on the couch with tea, meds and new dragon eggs in my sig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I was charging my phone and a message came up saying "this charging wire is not compatible with this phone" even though it's the one that was with it when purchased..

Fr336, clean the contact points on the phone and charger :)

Deskside. Basically finished for the day... Fat Dave is thinking about dinner... no idea why I'm not hungry.

Sitting in a caravan in the north west watching the rain outside......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Home office deskside, feeling pretty miserable. Dealing with a pretty bad headache, and even paracetamol isn’t helping all that much.

But hey, it could be worse...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

bubblypop wrote: »

Like an episode of Father Ted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Like an episode of Father Ted.

If the caravan is hopping, thats a jig :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If the caravan is hopping, thats a jig :P

If the caravan is hoppin', don't come knocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just went to charge my phone but it started beeping and a message came on saying that there is moisture detected, I got absolutely soaked going to the shop after work and had my phone and charger in my bag so I don't know which has the problem, bet my phone will die now. I got a good charger delivered yesterday but of course I ordered the wrong one, I absolutely hate technology, nothing works for me and I've no patience so never read instructions etc. On a good note I'm heading to my friends for dinner and drinks shortly, cant bloody wait and no work tomorrow makes it even better. Going to try charging my phone again now,wish me luck as I have a feeling it won't end well.

The advice I've always heard is to stick your phone in some rice. That will attract Asians who will diligently conduct the repair work.
    Stick it in the hot press for a bit and hope for the best.

thomil wrote: »
    Home office deskside, feeling pretty miserable. Dealing with a pretty bad headache, and even paracetamol isn’t helping all that much.

But hey, it could be worse...

Migraine possibly ?

Inside looking out , chicken curry and chips this evening, nah , not takeaway, homemade.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭global23214124

I'm in a bar having a pint. A guy at the bar decided to buy a couch off a randomer for the bar provided the bar tender would keep it, use it and repair it. The bar tender agreed and they just brought it in after rearranging the current furniture!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Migraine possibly ?

Inside looking out , chicken curry and chips this evening, nah , not takeaway, homemade.

Go on describe it in detail Mam! Where did you buy the chicken? What sauce did you use? I know the chips were deep fried and won't be beaten. But were they homemade or frozen? Any veg in the curry? :D

Tech desk. Working for free for now. Camera batteries on charge. Weather good tomorrow, so planning a wee few hours doing stuff nearby,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Migraine possibly ?

Would explain a few things, especially given the change in weather, which seems to trigger migraines for me. Must be getting old...

Anyway, relocated to the sofa. Sofa, so good, as they say...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »

Any boxty going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement