Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've made dumplings and they are stewing nicely in a beef casserole. Unfortunately I've got a migraine (a-fecking-gain!) and feel sick so don't know if I will be able to enjoy them.

Mmmmmmm stew :)

Hope the migraine goes soon!

DD, yellow snacks? Even on a good day, they're rough :D Pink ones all the way!

Deskside, looking forward to finishing up, going over to my folks and the Mammy is making lasagna for me... mmmmm lasagna :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Must shower and make some dinner for work

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Nearly clocking off time at the coal face.

FsjqO9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Nearly clocking off time at the coal face.

FsjqO9.gif

Yabadabado.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I was contemplating cutting the grass , cut one strip , it's too fecking wet . Yeah I know , but it's a vicious cycle with it , I don't like cutting grass so it should be flexible and be ready when I go out :pac:
    Could sell it for silage at this point .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I was contemplating cutting the grass , cut one strip , it's too fecking wet . Yeah I know , but it's a vicious cycle with it , I don't like cutting grass so it should be flexible and be ready when I go out :pac:
    Could sell it for silage at this point .

Some rain last night Mam. I cut mine according to the weather forecast, but I hate cutting grass anyway. I had a lawnmower problem a few weeks ago and had to wait over a week to get it back from a repair shop. I avoided posting here due to stress of cutting long and damp grass. :mad:A nightmare. But with a working lawnmower, I just plan according the the weather. Next cut scheduled for....Sunday.:D I hope. Mrs G hates an untidy Garden and in previous times when I was away with work I'd often come home to the gardens done after she struggled to do it, despite having a stroke. A fooking hero that sets an example to able bodied women in our estate who think its a mans job after a hard weeks work.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Sitting down with a bowl of homemade apricot and rose water ice cream and a book after enjoying a long walk with the dog on this grand soft evening (see picture for evidence of grandness and softness of evening). I am now tired in that fairly content sort of way where your muscles sink into the settee and you know you’re going to find it hard to get up and go to bed later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, sneezing mostly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, headache has cleared thank fook! I think its time for a cupan tae!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Deskside, headache has cleared thank fook! I think its time for a cupan tae!

Good to hear seph. I'll open the Lyons tea....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RMAOK wrote: »
    Good to hear seph. I'll open the Lyons tea....

Ya cheeky git ya! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deskside, sneezing mostly

I hope it's into your elbow area.:eek: And don't forget to sterilise the immediate deskside region.:D

****ty numbers tonight and 9 odd more in my county on top of 3 last week. 12 add ons after a month of nothing.:(

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I hope it's into your elbow area.:eek: And don't forget to sterilise the immediate deskside region.:D

****ty numbers tonight and 9 odd more in my county on top of 3 last week. 12 add ons after a month of nothing.:(

I have a massive supply of nose reddening tissue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Arrrggghh! I've just bought a new tablet, went to put a nice tempered glass scratch protector on it and a hair got underneath. Went after the hair and managed to push dust under. Now it's bubbly as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Packing my holiday bags. Tis the high seas for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ya cheeky git ya! 😝

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Over in my OH's mother's house, masks and social distancing being observed, watching the debate on the controversy over the removal of the four black metal statues from the front of the Shelbourne Hotel.

Watching The Mind Of A Murderer , CBS Reality . On all this week I think , very good , an interview with a convicted murderer every night .

Dammit , glitched out so can't delete last post , screenshot too large to attach , sorry :(
    Gorgeous pink lilies .

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with self made lemonade...

...just back from roadside. Shopping cat food for granny next door i had a look at the bakery at the discounter and got offered 330gr of onion bread, already sliced. Leftover and just a day to the Best before date...for free. Didn’t complain.😄

Came out of the store and there had been a nice line up of 6 refundable cans and bottles next to the bin from the local youngsters. Okeeey...before it goes to waste i grabbed them ( not the youngsters :P ) and threw them into my collapsible box on my bicycle rack. 😉

In the next village is a well where i cleaned two sticky cans and a guy came by. “Saw you cycling by and saw the cans. Here you have two more.” Today i must look very needy. Probably the heat over here.😜😂

That’s a 2€ head start for tomorrow. Should i spoil myself and get me a 400gr jar of fake Nutella for just 1,25?😋

Outside temperature is down from 32 to 26 degree and my living room still has 25,5. For the next two days they have predicted temperatures of 37 or higher! 😳. My little desk vent is working over hours and tomorrow the other two get an overhaul and wet towels on top. All shutters closed...no sun ray will be allowed to penetrate my bunker,ha! 🧛🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I don't want to make you jealous, black forest, but we have dull, cloudy days and rain. Rain with more rain.

You just have free onion bread and sun.

I'm not a bit jealous ...

Nightmare temperatures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Watching The Mind Of A Murderer , CBS Reality . On all this week I think , very good , an interview with a convicted murderer every night .

There's a Youtube channel that has loads of the police interviews with murderers. They have a commentary that explains some of the body language, and behaviour that the interviewer can pick up on. Really interesting stuff, and I've forgotten what it's called. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

I don't want to make you jealous, black forest, but we have dull, cloudy days and rain. Rain with more rain.

You just have free onion bread and sun.

I'm not a bit jealous ...

Aah, there is hope! Your weather will be over here on Sunday. That means no more onion bread and rain. Have to bake my own and will be sitting on the porch, watching the falling rain and contemplating live with my tea in hand.🤔😄

We could swap our homes for summer..but first i have to renovate this wreck of a flat.🥺😂

Aah, there is hope! Your weather will be over here on Sunday. That means no more onion bread and rain. Have to bake my own and will be sitting on the porch, watching the falling rain and contemplating live with my tea in hand.🀔😄

We could swap our homes for summer..but first i have to renovate this wreck of a flat.🥺😂

I wouldn't worry about the renovations, you'd be claiming it back quick enough after a few days of a typical Irish summer! :D

I'd actually enjoy rain if it was an occasional occurance!

Aah, there is hope! Your weather will be over here on Sunday. That means no more onion bread and rain. Have to bake my own and will be sitting on the porch, watching the falling rain and contemplating live with my tea in hand.🀔😄

Sitting under the canopy , nutty bread and a cuppa , enjoying the cool air after torturous heat , ain't nothing wrong with that BF :)

Kowloon, thanks for that , fascinating programmes they are .

The novelty of others complaining of rain in a miraculously dry western ireland

The novelty of others complaining of rain in a miraculously dry western ireland

It's dry here now too but the rain woke me up at 3.50 this morning. I thought someone was moving stuff around in the garden. It was only when I was awake enough to realise there isn't really anything to move that I realised it was rain!

Dammit , glitched out so can't delete last post , screenshot too large to attach , sorry :(
    Gorgeous pink lilies .

Any pics of the cat mam ?

• Advertisement

I wonder if there really is a tie between the damp and aches in joints etc. I've never properly looked into it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement