Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside watching Apple and the rest getting grilled by American Congress.. dropping my neighbour to the airport shortly so doing my best to avoid my evening snooze.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Couchside after getting my stitches out my gum. Randomly booked a few days in Clonakilty at the end of August, they better have good Guinness for me :D

You think the Guinness in Dubbyland is good? wait till you try it down here, nectar of the gods.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm in a bar having a pint. A guy at the bar decided to buy a couch off a randomer for the bar provided the bar tender would keep it, use it and repair it. The bar tender agreed and they just brought it in after rearranging the current furniture!

Where in the world is this happening, exact location not required

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Go on describe it in detail Mam! Where did you buy the chicken? What sauce did you use? I know the chips were deep fried and won't be beaten. But were they homemade or frozen? Any veg in the curry? :D

Tech desk. Working for free for now. Camera batteries on charge. Weather good tomorrow, so planning a wee few hours doing stuff nearby,

Chicken - Hardings Butchers, Sauce , McDonnells, finely sliced onion and peppers in my lot , and of course homemade chips Grandeeod, so bad but the only right way to make them :D

Any boxty going?

Had some this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    Had some this morning!

Jammy!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Chicken - Hardings Butchers, Sauce , McDonnells, finely sliced onion and peppers in my lot , and of course homemade chips Grandeeod, so bad but the only right way to make them :D

Brilliant Mam! They charge 13 odd quid for that dish in a pub and its made the same way and is feckin delicious. McDonnells or Knorr sauce knocks the ball out of the park all the time.

Homemade chips deep fried.....I can't find a drool emoji. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Most important question of all .....

Did you make enough for all of us?

You think the Guinness in Dubbyland is good? wait till you try it down here, nectar of the gods.

I’ve only had it in Cork City. Looking forward to it! Dublin has plenty of great Guinness! It is made here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've got your back:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fgy6suzegz7scivmcuwqvyis6x1xe3hrskme1ws5&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Kitchenside.
    Some great old friends are over: few drinks, few schmokes, some tunes; about to join them in the living room. So nice to sit here on my own a minute and hear them laugh though - it's been a really tough couple of months for two of them. They're listening to one of my nostalgia playlists and cracking up over stupid stuff we did way back when... I'm looking forward to a good night and a long weekend starting now :)

Whatever happened to Murphys?

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Kitchenside.
    Some great old friends are over: few drinks, few schmokes, some tunes; about to join them in the living room. So nice to sit here on my own a minute and hear them laugh though - it's been a really tough couple of months for two of them. They're listening to one of my nostalgia playlists and cracking up over stupid stuff we did way back when... I'm looking forward to a good night and a long weekend starting now :)

Murphy's is far superior to Guinness and so is Beamish :-P

Ha ha ha

*pulls pin from grenade... throws.... runs from building.... :pac:

Night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People smashed half the supply trying to drink it like the ad while drunk.

kowloon wrote: »

Brilliant ad :D

Brilliant Mam! They charge 13 odd quid for that dish in a pub and its made the same way and is feckin delicious. McDonnells or Knorr sauce knocks the ball out of the park all the time.

Crazy isn't it really , the price of it if dining out ?!
    Homemade chips in the deep fat fryer , just as well I don't make them every week , but you're right , can't beat the taste of them :pac:

Ted , yep , I always make more food than is needed , old habits die hard , send a courier for some :)

(Don't send Seph , he'd eat it on the way back !)

kowloon wrote: »

Another one here that I vaguely remember

Feeding the cat that's sitting on the kitchen windowsill here .
    Noticed her around late at night sporadically the last few weeks , so I leave a bowl of food out before I go to bed . Sometimes it's empty in the morning, other times not .

Guess she has a real home to go to !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bring us back a tayto bar please :pac:

Here ya go. Better be quick though.

Now now my friend, each their own! Everyone’s taste buds enjoy things differently.
    Ha ha ha

*pulls pin from grenade... throws.... runs from building.... :pac:

Night all :)

Trouble maker!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Here ya go. Better be quick though.

You legend 🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Flaked out on the couch. My poor body isn't used to all of this moving and doing things :p

The apartment is starting to feel more like home as I decorate it. A bird feeder, candles and fairy lights arrived today, tea light holders and Yankee candle tea lights coming tomorrow! :)

Night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

You legend 🀩

Aw cheers. They had no crisp/chocolate ones though. I loved those but I think I'm in the minority on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

How's everyone?

Currently bedside here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,058 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Listening to an absolute avalanche of rain falling here. It's July, rain Gods, not cool!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Tired.com here. What's boxty?

Tired.com here. What's boxty?

Potato pancake, a delicacy of the north west .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Potato pancake, a delicacy of the north west .

It sounds intriguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Wide awake :(

• Advertisement

Trying to break free of the gilded cage that is insomnia, even the ornate backdrop of Pet Sounds isn't enough to hasten a trip to pleasantville. Caroline, say it ain't so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement