Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Detritus70

1123heavy wrote: »
    Put it this way, if he hadn't done it everyone would be jumping over it and giving criticism for it.

Obama didn't and he never got such criticism though.

Trump does it and it's barely covered, the bias of the media showing once again.

Yeah, if only Obama had done something, anything for healthcare, no, can't think of anything, it was probably nothing ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

1123heavy wrote: »
    Put it this way, if he hadn't done it everyone would be jumping over it and giving criticism for it.

Obama didn't and he never got such criticism though.

Trump does it and it's barely covered, the bias of the media showing once again.

Put it this way, this isn't the biggest story in the Trump admin. The administration refuses to concede an election he lost, intentionally obstructs the transition team from inheriting the admin (which includes drug price legislation), yet you claim foul that column inches aren't going "well at least he did this". Yes it's a good thing but in the grander scheme of things means less. Come on, your own bias is showing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Ah think I remember an Obama healthcare controversy that even made the news over here + will resonate with Trump loving posters...The 'death panels'!

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/10/509164679/from-the-start-obama-struggled-with-fallout-from-a-kind-of-fake-news
    The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society.'
    We should not have a government program that determines you're gonna pull the plug on Grandma.

Been a lot of water under the bridge for the US republicans since then.
    1000s of such 'low productivity' (!) people died daily over past 6 months in the US due to a botched Covid-19 response, but its no big deal really, certainly not enough to have cost their hero Trump the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭paul71

I was asked why he didn't do xyz
    I don't know why he didn't. That's all I'm saying

For example a poster asked why he didn't bring in drug pricing legislation 4 years ago. I cant answer that

Laziness, incompetence, and a realisation that he was not able to destroy the only vehicle that made this possible in the first place "Obamacare".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It seems it's the second level elected GOP reps are the ones who are willing to stand up to Trump. Those GOP in Washington should stand aside and let the States pick real GOP reps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Water John wrote: »
    It seems it's the second level elected GOP reps are the ones who are willing to stand up to Trump. Those GOP in Washington should stand aside and let the States pick real GOP reps.

Excuse my ignorance but what is GOP? Is it Government of Power?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AMKC wrote: »

Grand old party. Ie the republicans

GOP is the Republican Party. Though it's hard now to know what it is.

AMKC wrote: »

Grand Old Party, the traditional nickname for the republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe alright now it's starting to make sense. Should have asked a lot sooner and meant to but just assumed for a while it meant Government of Power lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »

It seems the republicans who are retiring from congress and don’t care what Trump says about them are saying that’s it’s over more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I make a point of not using GOP, because they're utterly reprehensible.

There's nothing grand about an organisation that's closer to a crime syndicate than it is to a political party.

I don't mind someone being conservative but when you start combining it with a type of fundamental christianity and believing people are totally personally responsible for any disadvantage, I just don't understand it. It's outside my comprehension as a human being and that's where the GOP has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This just sums up Trump

"Trump skips G20 pandemic event to visit golf club as virus ravages US"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/21/donald-trump-g20-pandemic-golf-club

When world leaders are trying to work together to defeat this awful Virus, here's Trump playing golf and not giving a **** about his own country horrible ordeal where there's over 254k people dead.

The man doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Headshot wrote: »
    This just sums up Trump

"Trump skips G20 pandemic event to visit golf club as virus ravages US"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/21/donald-trump-g20-pandemic-golf-club

When world leaders are trying to work together to defeat this awful Virus, here's Trump playing golf and not giving a **** about his own country horrible ordeal where there's over 254k people dead.

The man doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body

And yet here he is on twitter boasting about how he was at it lol, fails to mention that he went off to play golf, tries to make out he was there for the entirety of it. What an absolute sham of a man.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1330278689200857088?s=09

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Enough of the conspiracy stuff please. This post is about the Trump presidency, not the Clintons or Obama.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Not much about the new pharmaceutical drug costs legislation passed by Trump yesterday

Not much from you about trump skipping G20 to play golf yesterday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Link dump deleted.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

fullstop wrote: »
    Not much from you about trump skipping G20 to play golf yesterday

Trump attended the event as reported by multiple media outlets including the guardian who posted both text and pictures of the virtual event.

He then left to play golf

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump attended the event as reported by multiple media outlets including the guardian who posted both text and pictures of the virtual event.

He attended part of the event, then skipped before the Covid part to go and play golf.

Which is a good indicator of his respect for the office, his attitude towards his job and his opinion of Covid. Not to mention respect for either other leaders or his own country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

He stayed from 8am till 10am for the opening remarks. Then left. He skipped the session on pandemic preparedness to play golf.

I get he has no interest in responding to the pandemic. Makes sense that he'd skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭paul71

So lazy, incompetent and slowly starting to realise that he is not respected by world leaders and seen as irrelevant.

My reply was to the poster who quoted my post saying trump skipped the event to play golf.

He attended a few hours and headed on

From the link you posted earlier. He didn't "attend" he showed his face then ran off to the golf course.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/21/trump-tells-g20-leaders-he-wants-to-work-with-them-for-a-long-time
    He went on to boast about the US economy and military, and repeated false claims that his government’s Operation Warp Speed was behind both the first two successful coronavirus vaccines
    One source said: “His was the anomalous speech. Everyone else talked about global matters of life and death.”

After opening remarks, G20 leaders held a session on pandemic preparedness and response, mostly involving pre-recorded speeches. By then, Trump had left for his golf course in Virginia and no US official spoke on the issue.

From the link you posted earlier. He didn't "attend" he showed his face then ran off to the golf course.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/21/trump-tells-g20-leaders-he-wants-to-work-with-them-for-a-long-time

The link I posted earlier was deleted by a mod straight away.

Clearly he did attend. Unless he made those remarks from the 9th tee box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My reply was to the poster who quoted my post saying trump skipped the event to play golf.

He attended a few hours and headed on

That's still not a good thing though. He sat there for two hours, got bored and didn't want to listen to the part about the global bloody pandemic and left to play golf.

The link I posted earlier was deleted by a mod straight away.

Clearly he did attend. Unless he made those remarks from the 9th tee box

He showed his face for the opening statements, then pìssed off to the golf course leaving no American voice at the G20. Worst president in the history of the US by a country mile!

He showed his face for the opening statements, then pìssed off to the golf course leaving no American voice at the G20. Worst president in the history of the US by a country mile!

A poster specifically quoted a comment made by me yesterday. Poster went back pages to find it and then wrote that Trump went to play golf instead of showing at the meeting.

He did show at the meeting. We all know he did. That is my entire interest in it

A poster specifically quoted a comment made by me yesterday. Poster went back pages to find it and then wrote that Trump went to play golf instead of showing at the meeting.

He did show at the meeting. That is my entire interest in it

So do you think him being there for the opening statements and then heading off to play golf is acceptable?

Just showing his face and telling lies and boasting is how a president should act?

• Advertisement

So do you think him being there for the opening statements and then heading off to play golf is acceptable?

Not particularly no. He is still president so he should have attended the whole event

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement