Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No particularly no. He is still president so he should have attended the whole event

Thankfully this won't be for much longer, hopefully the American people will look back on the last four years and realise what a mistake it was to vote this idiotic narcissistic fool into office and ensure it never happens again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Thankfully this won't be for much longer, hopefully the American people will look back on the last four years and realise what a mistake it was to vote this idiotic narcissistic fool into office and ensure it never happens again.

Who knows. That's for them to decide at the end of the day.

One out and another one it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I assume you mean by that line that Biden is comparable to Trump. Can you expand on how you think Trump and Biden are similar in anyway? I'm struggling to see how Biden could realistically be compared to the walking disaster that is Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭paul71

Who knows. That's for them to decide at the end of the day.

What? Did you mean one out and another in?

Are you claiming Biden is a narcissist? If so on what basis?

While there is always going to be a discussion is the absence of a detailed examination of Trump by a qualified phycologist, there is ample evidence that Trump is a classic narcissist, that could never be argued about Biden.

I suspect that either

1. You mistyped the above

or

2. You don't know what a narcissist is.

I assume you mean by that line that Biden is comparable to Trump. Can you expand on how you think Trump and Biden are similar in anyway? I'm struggling to see how Biden could realistically be compared to the walking disaster that is Trump.

Trump Jr . Surely will chance a run. The Donald got 70 million votes. There is an appetite for that brand of politics.

• Advertisement

Trump Jr . Surely will chance a run. The Donald got 70 million votes. There is an appetite for that brand of politics.

I note you ignored my question.

Can you please explain why you think Biden may be a narcissist compared to Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

##Mod Snip##

No image dumps please

paul71 wrote: »
    I note you ignored my question.

Can you please explain why you think Biden may be a narcissist compared to Trump?

Hes not. I meant Trump jr. You ignored my clarification

Hes not. I meant Trump jr. You ignored my clarification

Your clarification is still unclear.

A poster said Trump was a fool and narcissist. You replied "one out another in" given that Trump lost and Biden won it is natural to assume you meant that is the one coming in.

Clearly Biden is not a narcissist.

Are you saying that you meant Trump jr in 2024 is "another in" and therefore he is the 2nd foolish narcissist you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

trump Jr has displayed none of the qualities that got snr to his role. If Trump politics is the new way of doing things, they're certainly using an old, and bad, political method of name recognition

• Advertisement

Disgusting photo.

Are you in favour of big game hunting or is it just not a red line issue for you?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Are you in favour of big game hunting or is it just not a red line issue for you?

No I'm anti hunting for sport. Shot a rabbit when I was much younger and it stayed with me for a few days and after that I always hated hunting for sport.
    Millionaires travelling to Africa to pay to have an animal put in front of them to shoot dead is vile. They probably just dropped the animal on the spot and headed back to their hotel for dinner. Its horrible

What about you? Are you a big game hunting fan?

No I'm anti hunting for sport. Shot a rabbit when I was much younger and it stayed with me for a few days and after that I always hated hunting for sport.
    Millionaires travelling to Africa to pay to have an animal put in front of them to shoot dead is vile. They probably just dropped the animal on the spot and headed back to their hotel for dinner. Its horrible

So then by your support of Trump jr you're saying it's not a red line issue for you. It's not a big enough deal for you to say no?

incidentally I do hunt but I only kill what I can eat.

So then by your support of Trump jr you're saying it's not a red line issue for you. It's not a big enough deal for you to say no?

What are you on about? Where is my support of Trump Jr?

What are you on about? Where is my support of Trump Jr?

You've all but said it in your posts, if he did run in '24 would you support him?

You've all but said it in your posts, if he did run in '24 would you support him?

"You've all but said"

Where did I say and what did i say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Killing animals for fun would be a big issue for a lot of people. Trumps sons have killed hundreds. Cats, elephants, bears, crocodiles, giraffes...

The Nal wrote: »
    Killing animals for fun would be a big issue for a lot of people. Trumps sons have killed hundreds. Cats, elephants, bears, crocodiles, giraffes...

You'd think a lot of things that the trumps do would be deal breakers, not just the big game hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

Last I heard the American bookies gave Trump a 10% chance.
    Whatever happens this election will be a permanent scar on the face of American history.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

A poster specifically quoted a comment made by me yesterday. Poster went back pages to find it and then wrote that Trump went to play golf instead of showing at the meeting.

He did show at the meeting. We all know he did. That is my entire interest in it

Actually I only went back 1 page :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭8mv

I must say that I'm in full agreement with you on this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When I see the shot of Jr on his "safari" I'm reminded at just how comically obscene the Trumps are in terms of their behaviour and appearance. Were we to watch a TV drama with a character that outlandish in their displays of wealth or power, we'd consider it an obnoxious cliché and lazy writing. Vulgar, really. Yet here these tropes are, bold as brass in their gold plated mansions, 80s yuppie hair and game hunts.

pixelburp wrote: »
    When I see the shot of Jr on his "safari" I'm reminded at just how comically obscene the Trumps are in terms of their behaviour and appearance. Were we to watch a TV drama with a character that outlandish in their displays of wealth or power, we'd consider it an obnoxious cliché and lazy writing. Vulgar, really. Yet here these tropes are, bold as brass in their gold plated mansions, 80s yuppie hair and game hunts.

Real life "American Psycho " yuppie stuff. The business card scenes are brilliant. Check out the font!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

looksee wrote: »
    He attended part of the event, then skipped before the Covid part to go and play golf.

Which is a good indicator of his respect for the office, his attitude towards his job and his opinion of Covid. Not to mention respect for either other leaders or his own country.

I'm sure all the people who've been let down on his watch will be pleased to know he cheats at the golf.

Does he have any redeeming characteristics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭8mv

I'm sure all the people who've been let down on his watch will be pleased to know he cheats at the golf.

Does he have any redeeming characteristics ?

There was an interview a couple of years ago with a guy saying the same thing. What was interesting was that the guy said Trump was a good enough golfer to win most matches fairly, but that he cheated anyway - it's his MO, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sidney Powell the latest to be fired. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

fullstop wrote: »
    Sidney Powell the latest to be fired. LOL.

Kind'a fascinating that she was welcomed by the campaign and then belatedly seen by it as extreme and had to go. I was wondering how she had swung from being anti-Trump to being a dyed-in-the-wool supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

aloyisious wrote: »
    Kind'a fascinating that she was welcomed by the campaign and then belatedly seen by it as extreme and had to go. I was wondering how she had swung from being anti-Trump to being a dyed-in-the-wool supporter.

Shes completely fallen down the Qanon conspiracy hole, did you see the stuff she was spouting on newsmax yesterday? Its even worse than the tripe she made up for Rudys press conference last week.

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinberg/status/1330342229580394496?prefetchtimestamp=1606103921882

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Question for the U.S residents [one I don't trust to google-answers]: why are the GOP indicated as Red and the Dems as Blue on the state electoral counts maps while in print the Dems are leftie-liberal and the GOP conservatives? Usually [in words] the reverse would apply as designations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

aloyisious wrote: »
    Question for the U.S residents [one I don't trust to google-answers]: why are the GOP indicated as Red and the Dems as Blue on the state electoral counts maps while in print the Dems are leftie-liberal and the GOP conservatives? Usually [in words] the opposite colours would apply as designations.

Do you mean that because some/many/not all other countries tend to use red to indicate 'Labour' and blue for 'Conservative' the US should do so also? Like a kind of international law? They could use green and purple, its their country, their parties, they can use what they like!

Just, out of interest, did a quick google and it seems that its a fairly recent definition and somewhat arbitrary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement