Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭threeball

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya he will tell them to make sure they win better next time. I bet his opposition manager would never think of saying that.

He cant sub and drop like he used to because the players are not there to rotate. Hes a great manager and probably getting more from this average KK team than anyone else but if screaming at these lads is all it takes then why didnt it work last year or the year before that or 2017

Different situation. They weren't running away with any game last year so there was no chance of pulling up on the home straight. That game tonight was done and dusted and they dropped off 20 to 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,022 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

threeball wrote: »
    Different situation. They weren't running away with any game last year so there was no chance of pulling up on the home straight. That game tonight was done and dusted and they dropped off 20 to 30%.

So what you are saying is against Dublin this wont happen again. Because they are never gonna be 16 points up against anyone else.They were 9 ahead of Limerick and barely got over the line and I cant think of any other time they were able to pull a big lead out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Fire works in croke park tonight :D

So what you are saying is against Dublin this wont happen again. Because they are never gonna be 16 points up against anyone else.They were 9 ahead of Limerick and barely got over the line and I cant think of any other time they were able to pull a big lead out

If you can't see the difference between a team taking their foot off the pedal and a team being hauled in despite their best efforts then I can't help you.

Dublin sounds like a warzone tonight. The lockdown being strictly observed it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is this championship going to be a shootout on who can score more

Very very open and little hurling being done

That pick-up from chin :cool:

If you can't see the difference between a team taking their foot off the pedal and a team being hauled in despite their best efforts then I can't help you.

I can see the difference all I was saying was that was the only other example I could think of where KK had a big lead.

You are saying Cody wont let this happen again but how often will he be in this situation again unless you mean he wont let it happen against Dublin or Laois.

What in your own words ruthless thing will Cody impose that will make them beat any team going forward?

I can see the difference all I was saying was that was the only other example I could think of where KK had a big lead.

You are saying Cody wont let this happen again but how often will he be in this situation again unless you mean he wont let it happen against Dublin or Laois.

What in your own words ruthless thing will Cody impose that will make them beat any team going forward?

You gave an example of a game where KK didn't pull up.
    Who knows who they'll put up a lead against. Regardless of who it is they won't lose the lead due to lack of concentration.

A goal will be huge in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Joke. Joke. Joke. Give the goal or send him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

I hate the water break in hurling ? Do we really need it ??

(No, I'm not from Wexford)

Conor Cooney and Jason Flynn better start getting involved here or they'll be getting the curly finger.

You gave an example of a game where KK didn't pull up.
    Who knows who they'll put up a lead against. Regardless of who it is they won't lose the lead due to lack of concentration.

You are quite clearly dodging my question.

What is Cody actually going to do to change things ?

All I can see is the usual cliches about "winning mentality" and "crack the whip" kind of stuff which means nothing because if it worked everyone would do it

Wexford are the new arsenal. Their tippy tappy short passing stuff is great when it works, but too often looks like they're overcomplicating things. Galway going well. They've a lot of good players. Serious dark horses this year. Very interesting now to see how Wexford respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Donohoe gets more stick than any other regular Wexford starter, and I usually think its harsh and he had an excellent club campaign.

But his direct marker has already scored 1-3 from play, so maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wexford never give up and i wont be surprised to see them get back into this in a big way. Nobody expected Dublin to get back into the game earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Jackie Tyrell was 100 % right when he was discussing galway's goal. Mark fanning had no place coming out like that - it left the goal (relatively) exposed for concannon to goal.

The new, younger lads for Galway are doing well. The two mannion's have be anonymous enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wexford never give up and i wont be surprised to see them get back into this in a big way. Nobody expected Dublin to get back into the game earlier

I think we're watching a different game to be honest, thought Galway well and truly took control towards the end of the half, Chin largely keeping them in it.

Far from over, it’s no lead in hurling.

• Advertisement

ADVANTAGE RULE! AND SECOND YELLOWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Why are Wexford lads going to their knees as if they've been shot?

I keep thinking I want Wexford to come back into it but then they show Daveys sour face on the sideline and I change my mind

It's men against boys here. Wexford running into blind alleys and being swatted aside by a bigger Galway team. No leaders in this Wexford team. Where's Chin?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Obviously I'm happy with how Galway are doing but I am surprised by how far off the pace Wexford seem to be.

Poor penalty. Wexford are a rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Galway look very slick I must say
    Very impressed with them

Galway:

They haven't gone away you know.

citykat wrote: »
    Poor penalty. Wexford are a rabble.

Seemed to take him an age to get back too