Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

citykat wrote: »
    Poor penalty. Wexford are a rabble.

It was a free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Wow this is a hammering. Impressive by galway. Very disappointed in wexford. Have shown nothing going forward. Leinster final will be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭threeball

citykat wrote: »
    Poor penalty. Wexford are a rabble.

The one person you don't aim a peno at is the goalie. You'd think of all people a goalie would know that. GMAC looked least capable of dealing with a shot there. Even the way he was holding his hurl was begging for a low driven shot at his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Wexford have hardly raised a gallop in this game. Very surprising. Absolutely dead on their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,090 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Bye bye Davy, Davy good-bye
    (Bye Davy , Davy bye bye)
    Bye bye Davy don't make me cry
    (Bye Davy, Davy bye bye)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quaifers- Laois, Dublin, Wexford and Clare, Cork and the losers of Tipp vs Limerick

The danger team will deff be the losers of Tipp vs Limerick but with the exception of Laois the others are pretty close and anything could happen on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Galway have been excellent in fairness. Scores coming from everywhere. Very impressed with the performance of Concannon. That hawkeye point was magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Conor Whelan. Bull in a Chin shop.

Whelan quite possibly the most effective forward in the country at the moment. His workrate is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭BQQ

Tipp, Limerick and Galway have won the last 4 All -Irelands between them.
    That will be last 5 by the end of the year

Wexford, Kilkenny, Cork, Clare, Waterford are all a level below the required standard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway look very good. Wexford a bit all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

BQQ wrote: »

Wexford, Kilkenny, Cork, Clare, Waterford are all a level below the required standard

2 levels below 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MiWadi zoom meeting for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭letsseehere14

Qualifiers looking like a scrap. Whoever loses tomorrow would be favourite to be 1 of the 2 to emerge.
    To me this result isn't news. Wexford are light on leaders and overall talent. Galway bad year last year might be similar Tipps 2018. They will be hard bet.
    Wexford could have lost the AI semi by 10 to Tipp only for the series of questionable decisions. Limerick, Galway look well above the rest. Tomorrow will show how good Tipp are. Munster final will show if Waterford are challengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

robbiezero wrote: »
    Galway have been excellent in fairness. Scores coming from everywhere. Very impressed with the performance of Concannon. That hawkeye point was magnificent.

Yeah unreal score. And Canning not scoring anything as well would be very encouraging for them.

Wexford wicked disappointing but it is that kind of year where we will have a few odd results.

BQQ wrote: »

I'd agree with you. Those 3 are the standard bearers and I cant see outside of them. Galway look like they have the most scope for improvement given that 4 or 5 regulars were poor today and 2 were missing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The more I reflect on the Kilkenny game,it dawn's on me that the half time scoreline really flattered them, they weren't 15 points a better side than Dublin at all. The goals were moments of magic pulled out of the bag by arguably the two best forwards in the game. This told quite a bit in the second half when we were absolutely asleep.

Dublin will feel they left that one behind them. Galway could well win quite comfortably against us unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That doesn't look good for Fintan Burke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

. Galway bad year last year might be similar Tipps 2018.

This is something that did cross my mind earlier although not with conviction. But you might well be right by the end, the year is begging for someone to take it by the scruff of the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Good win for Galway but I wouldn't get carried away about them just yet, if they can back it up next week with a similar display then I'd make them possibly AI favorites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Galway are monsters of men

Accurate too, scores from across the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kk and Galway impressive today should be a cracker Leinster final.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Kk and Galway impressive today should be a cracker Leinster final.

KK that lost a 15 point ht lead?

Good win for Galway but I wouldn't get carried away about them just yet, if they can back it up next week with a similar display then I'd make them possibly AI favorites

Against Sligo? Favourites to beat the Dubs? Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wexford's biggest defeat in Leinster as reigning champions since 1957.

Chin and Ryan were the only two to show up. Rest were poor. Really don't have any dynamism off the bench either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

KK that lost a 15 point ht lead?

He's gone from referring to Kilkenny as dogs to waxing lyrical about them in the space of week, whatever is behind it

Against Sligo? Favourites to beat the Dubs? Strange.

Wrong sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I'm not a fan of a manager publicly slating his players the way Davy just did, maybe he's let his disappointment get the better of him but its just unnecessary and he could do that behind closed doors

Wrong sport.

Oh right. Then the hurlers aren't playing next week.

• Advertisement

Oh right. Then the hurlers aren't playing next week.

No, the Leinster hurling final is 2 weeks time.

Advertisement