Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Servcie mobility scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

A civil servant can be moved to where they are needed. On a smaller level, you could be moved to another team under the same employer and location easily. On a larger scale, the redeployment panel or negotiated agreements can be used where a significant number of people are being moved for business reasons.

Re moves the officer can trigger / attempt there's: mobility, competitions (promotion, secondment, EOI/transfer), and just asking to move teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MatildasMammy

If I reach 1 on the list, Could I potentially move before my two years is up?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Don't think so. You need two years in your current location to be eligible to move in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

You do the role your PO has assigned.Movement happens to outside unit/division but units have to release staff and there needs to be open role availible too, with business cases having to be made for replacements which may or may not be given it gets complicated. Some departments may have internal list for transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

has the mobility freeze for AGS staff been lifted yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

Nope, two years is a requirement. When you go into mobility, all of them have to say eligible. One of them not saying it will block you from an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sparks15

Does anyone know if departments take from the list based mobility system for AO grade? Or do they just use the advert based system?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Insearch4info

Hi All, If a permanent CO (Not more than 2 years of permanency) clears the another external CO competition and offered a position in a new organisation. Will the permanent CO stays permanent in the new organisation or will have to do the probation again in the new organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TommyShelby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

They shouldn't be on probation again. I did just this as an EO and my AP had it confirmed with HR and the PeoplePoint that I was already an established and permanent EO and would not be required to compete probation again at that grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TommyShelby

I did it as a CO and was required to complete probation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

I'm not surprised that you had to do it, I was told I had to do it too and would have been none the wiser only for my AP suspected they were wrong and when they checked with PeoplePoint they confirmed I didn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curiousity20

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Has just been removed the temporary hold for all outbound applications

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sunny247

are there quieter times on the lists? I’ve been moving at a generally quite steady pace but there’s been nothing on any of my requests for over 2 months?

I’m almost a year on the lists but almost 2 years in my role. I’d really love to move soon but I’m becoming concerned that I’m going to be waiting months longer than I expected because it seems to have just come to a standstill

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

Hi I am coming up on two years in my current role and then will be eligible for mobility. Only put my name down 4 months ago so still down a bit on my lists for the departments I put down for.

My question is this, could you potentially be higher up the list than your number, say if people ahead of you are higher due to expressing interest sooner but may not be eligible until later? Or could people hold a higher number and have their application on pause? Would be great if anyone could share some insight.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Lynnington3

Hi, in my experience yes, you can be higher than than what your list number is. I was 11 on the list when I got my transfer. This can be due to people above having their applications on hold and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Hi, how do you find out what number you are on the list, Thank you.

If you have access to the HRMS system then it’s on that under mobility. But if you don’t (I didn’t when I was with AGS) then you can email your HR department and they will tell you your positions for each or your choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi All, are you sure on this, that you don't have to do probation again,is there a circular. I have an offer, it allows me to stop traveling and save me several hours per week.

Moving back to a department I worked in before where I completed probation and several years of work at a lower grade. Really enjoyed working their.

I got the new offer through an open competition I applied for way back and has now came up for my location, don't have full two years service just yet in my current role but have passed probation. This would be my third time to do probation if I had to do it again. To avoid confusion current and proposed new position are the same level.

Post edited by fergald on

Im confused …. You have to be 2 years in your current department to be eligible for mobility . For example , I got EO position for first time September 2019, went on mobility list pretty much straight away for better location but was not Eligible until September 2021. Got the offer September 2022 and moved October 2022. I stayed on my other mobility lists but I won’t get any other offers until October 2024, as won’t be eligible . You only have to pass probation once in a grade , I passed my probation September 2020, and moved department October 2022 but im not on probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Lynnington3 thanks for reply, this is open competition moving sideways, no promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Hey. Is Location the office or the zone? Reading the NSSO website and their description could go either way.

Our department is split between 2 offices in central Dublin and there is always the worry we might move due to a change in ASec reporting and I dont want that to mess me up and reset my 2 year counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that a mobility move would mean no probation. But through an open competition there is always probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Thanks... but that doesn't answer my question.

NSSO says you have to be in the same location for 2 years. If my department has 2 offices in the same zone, 10 minutes walk apart and my unit moves from office A to office B does that mean I have moved location and my mobility countdown goes back to 2 years?

Looking at the map. My department is only listed as 1 location so I assume I am OK and its just classed as 1 location?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

It's Zone, not office/building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

On the mobility map eg agriculture in castlebar it says 18 Co what does that mean is it required or staff on board thanks

Advertisement