Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Servcie mobility scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why would it change? There's still the same number of people ahead of you.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

I've been tthrough the process before. Your position number doesn't change until 2 years service in the department As in, it changes but doesn't show up on the mobility stats. What I thought happenedis that your number stays the same until you have 2 years in a dept. Then it's re-adjusted. So even if you move up the list in the first 2 years in a dept and you're on the mobility list, the number doesn't change from (e.g. 15) until you're 2 years in the dept, then re-adjusted when you become elliigible. I've been briefed on this by fellow employees before. But I was wondering when the re-adjustment happens. It seems highly unlikely in a busy area that my position would be static for two years. As I said it was re-adjusted before in 2021 when mobility was freed up after lockdown. Just wondering if it is re-adjusted weekly.

Post edited by labrik on

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mr lebowski

It should always be moving even when your ineligible. I'm ineligible but I have gone way lower on the list for all the departments I've selected. Is there any chance yours are frozen as it doesn't sound correct that they are all the same after 2 years?.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

This is definitely not correct, your position on the list should continue to change throughout the 2 years that you're ineligible. Perhaps reach out to the mobility team to confirm there are no issues with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

Moving EO to EO or CO to CO you should stay at current salary and increment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

Thanks. I did just that. Nothing wrong with my mobility and you are correct.It's just slow, and Peoplepoint advised me, as others have said, thatt offices choose between internal, external competitions, and list based mobility. The zonne that I'm trying to go to has a county town about the size of Kilkenny, so it won't be as quick as before. Someone above asked about being selected at higher numbers. I was 11 or 12 when contacted before but that was a small city. I'm No. 5 on the list for ages, but for a very small office who may only select one or two COs a year I'd say, so it depends.. I'll just have to ride it out. Appreciate all the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Deleted, see below.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

EO to EO, I started on the next point plus one as per section 1.2 of the Revised arrangements applying to starting pay Circular 08/2019

I know some may say EO to EO isn't a promotion and it isn't, but if you've been successful in an open competition, even at your current grade, you can't start your new role at the same salary point. It must be at a higher point.

Post edited by rostalof on

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

Looking for a bit of information - I’m an EO on the mobility list for DSP - currently 18 on the list for Zone 46 Dublin..realistically am I in with a chance of an offer before Christmas? I’ve taken as much as I can of my current department.. TIA👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

its possible ( I was number 11 when I got my offer) but impossible to know. It’s totally dependent on how many in front of you have applications on hold or are ineligible and also how many positions open up in that location. I’d say you’ve a good chance though with Dublin , there’s apparently a huge shortage of EOs in Dublin at the min , for all departments

Thanks - fingers crossed!

Hi all - I’ve just been pre offered a position as EO in DSP - delighted with the role. I’ve sent my reasonable accommodation letter to my HR and they need to send a suitability report to the NSSO before I receive a formal offer.. Is this fairly straightforward? Can your department refuse to let you go or give a negative report? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

@Pickysue

The suitability report isn't really sent to the NSSO, so much as through their system - it's DSP who'll take action based on it, and the action is proscribed for the majority of cases.

You can only be deemed "unsuitable for mobility at this time" if one of these four things is true:

- you're subject to a 'live' disciplinary sanction

- you're currently on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)

- you're currently under investigation for something which could result in a disciplinary sanction

- (Attendance, meaning) you're over the standard sick leave thresholds *and* your HR have reviewed your records and haven't "discounted" any.

I think the thresholds are something like 56 days / 24 instances of sick leave in a rolling 4-year period > pro rata if you have less than 4-years service.

HRs will generally consider discounting for pregnancy-related sick leave, sick leave that's unlikely to recur, etc. If you're under the thresholds there's no issue anyway.

Your organisation are not allowed to use any secret 5th reason when determining suitability!

Thanks so much! My AP made it sound all cloak and dagger as if HR could just refuse to let me go! The answer is no to all of them so I’ll be grand! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

My mobility position on the waitlist went up by 1 today. Any ideas why that might happen? Very disheartening when you're checking it expecting it to go down!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

@HydroTendonMan

Either you've applied to the list on the same day as someone who has just overtaken you in length of service in grade, or someone above you was incorrectly taken off the list before has now been re-added with their original date.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Thanks for the input folks. We keep waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does anyone know what the typical ‘notice’ period is when someone gets/accepts an offer?….is there a standard 2/4 weeks or does it vary depending on what both departments agree to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

I'm currently living in Dublin but will be moving to Abbeylix in Laois in a couple of years, so I want to go on the mobility lists now.

What big civil service offices are within an hour's drive of Abbeyleix? Defence in Newbridge and Agriculture in Celbridge would be two of the bigger offices that come to mind, is there anywhere else I should be looking at?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

There is a mobility map on the DPER website somewhere I think. There might be a link to it somewhere on the NSSO website.

Agriculture and DSP in Portlaoise.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What grade are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CRO are in Carlow not Portlaoise

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Edited that. Don't know why I said Portlaoise!

Thanks for that, that's what I was looking for. The links on the NSSO website are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

the above should work.

this is the doer mobility link but I think you. May have to be on a Government Network to access it https://hr.per.gov.ie/civil-service-mobility/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Large Revenue offices in Nenagh (you'd be down in now time on the motorway 45mins) and Kilkenny. Also DSP in Kilkenny too. Thurles has Garda Vetting & Penalty points unit along with Revenue & DSP. Look at the map and you'd be surprised what is around.

Advertisement