Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

It does. I've been in it. I know lots of people that have patrolled it.

Probably one of the most patrolled/policed borders that there is. Thousands of internationals have worked in that border.

Are you suggesting that there are illegal immigrants entering the EU across this border?😂😂

Precisely cyprus already has a wall and its preventing mass muslim migration. A similar wall near adrianople is needed

So why is a poster linking us to a story where Cyprus is looking for EU finding to build walls against immigration?

If you're going to engage, keep up with the conversation

Probably to extend the wall around an RAF base or coastal defences. Or just scamming some money

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I guess I don’t see any reason why I don’t believe him. If he was found out to tell a lie I would want him on first place out of here. No time for that, but I hope in this regard he is and I think deserves to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I have a friend who is always complaining about them .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I find it grimly amusing that advocates of mass migration constantly assure us that our borders are not open, that mass migration is not happening. Yet a lad flies here from India, goes on a diet for a few days and the Irish state and media rush to grant him permanent residence. What a joke.

We can only hope his 1.4 billion countrymen do not realise how weak this country is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭DeadHand

We are subject to mass immigration from gargantuan nations of 1.4 billion, 200 million, 20-50 million.

Yet, the carefully constructed terminology (propaganda) around these issues insist that we refer to these people as “minorities”, as if they were among the last examples of some endangered species.

We, the Irish, are 4 million odd souls on a tiny, remote island. We’re the minority in global terms.

Our ancient and only homeland could easily be swamped by the combined off shoots of these super populations.

Increasingly, it is being so.

Don't worry, once the welfare system is swamped and totally destroyed, not only will they not come, they will actively emigrate to richer welfare pickings

Lol, Irish people a minority 😂

Approx 8 million people worldwide claim Irish heritage. St Patrick's day is celebrated in hundreds of cities worldwide.

I think the Irish went out and made sure we would never be a minority anywhere.

• Advertisement

8 million out of billion, we are a tiny minority within a minority(european)

the 1.4 billion population being China? The Chinese government prevents mass emmigration by strictly regulating who can have passports and exit visas. So, no, we're not under any kind of mass immigration from China... and if we were, TBH I'd be pretty okay with that. SE Asians have consistently shown themselves as a boon to Western nations, both as peoples who work, and most of whom who are not interested in making any kind of trouble or claiming handouts.

Even with India, there isn't much in the way of mass immigration. Most immigration is coming from skilled migrants on limited visas, who bring their families over after settling, but again, they don't tend to seek handouts and do very well for themselves... as a people. Some don't, but the vast majority do.

Um, don't be too sure of that. I suspect they will continue to come regardless because the standards will still be better than their own countries. Ireland, along with a few other small countries will likely remain the easiest way of gaining EU citizenship.

when are standards of living have returned to the early 90s, they won't come

They will because the standard of living with continue to be better.

Let me describe an apartment I had in China. Old terraced building, six floors, with four apartments on each floor (either side), and built almost entirely out of concrete. Badly fitted windows with gaps between the panes of glass, and holes in the walls themselves where appliances used to be but had been removed, but not replaced. Painted inside with nice imitation wood flooring, but during winter the wind would blow under the flooring so that all heat was pushed out the walls/windows. Mosquitoes had free rein throughout the year, and there'd would often be infestations of a variety of other bugs, coming from vacant apartments nearby. And no central heating (even if the walls could have retained the heat), instead, I relied on portable heaters, and stoves. Now.. I'm sure that sounds terrible.. but it was pretty average for the tier 3 city I was in at the time. I know that the countryside was often worse.

I've had much better apartments in China.. but I've seen the standards of what the average Chinese person often has to live in.. and that's in a reasonably organised society. Now, consider somewhere like Nigeria or Zimbabwe, which has been dealing with civil war, and just as terrible corruption, ensuring that quality is a dream for most and only available for those connected or the wealthy.

The point being that most houses in Ireland are properly fitted, and glazed. Central heating is commonplace. Our roads are reasonably maintained, etc etc etc... and we're at peace. Corruption is low, quality remains high, and all of that would likely remain the same even if we returned to the 80s/90s of Ireland. Which I remember quite well... and still I wouldn't consider it as bad as many other countries today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Serious question.

Do you dislike Irish people ?

You seem to sneer at Irish people and all things Irish a hell of a lot.

And you can't way for us to be a minority in our own state and from what I see would term someone that is in the country a wet week or has an Irish passport as Irish.

Yes there are a lot of Irish people born in this country that went around the world who had to emigrate to get work and they made a home for themselves in these other countries.

Note the word work!

And yes there are loads of people in likes of the US, Australia, Canada, UK, etc that term themselves as "Irish" as they are Irish descent, but they are really as Irish as Tom Cruise's pitiful accent.

Celebrating St Patricks day around the world is another Irish marketing success, much like Kerrygold, Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

And world wide, China is far from being the only place like that, and I've lived in a few of them. Presently there is no shortage of people trying to better themselves by moving to Ireland, and that's not likely to change in the near future either.

Dunno about bettering themselves.. that's kinda subjective, since people who have grown up in poverty or near to it, are more than likely to leap at a chance to suck at a free nipple if they can get away with it. With the current environment in Western culture of Nanny governments and the apparent need to provide for everyone, many (not all) migrants will continue coming here expecting to be provided for.

The problem is one of perception. What many Irish people today consider to be intolerable conditions or less than appealing support, would be considered wonderful to those who are more used to a government constantly taking from them, or a society where failure means starving on the street, while others step around them. Conditions that have mostly disappeared from European nations. For the US, the big lie of opportunity is at play, and few consider the large numbers of people who die on their streets yearly, instead being impressed by past propaganda that says America is the land of plenty.

The gas thing about his post is that Irish people are always a minority in other nations, if you categorize them by their nationality. We're not exactly overflowing with native population, and demand for employment opportunities generally ensured that Irish people were pretty spread out in countries. That's especially true with Australia where the Irish remain relatively spread out. It's only really in the US where we can see some large concentrations of Irish descendants... IMHO, who for all their claims, don't truly appreciate what it means to be Irish, born and raised in Ireland. Instead, most of them seem to have more in common with Northern Irish, holding tight their bitterness over things they never experienced themselves.

The logic is one of double standards. When we consider modern immigration, the categorization of migrant groups based on race and nationality are exchanged depending on which minority status that needs to be reinforced. If there's enough Black people, then the emphasis is placed on Africans, or a more specific nationality, thus reinforcing the need for these groups to gain supports.

It's different for white people though.. as most things are these days when it comes to White people. These double standards or flexibility of category usage aren't extended to them. Instead, they're white people in predominately white nations. And when it comes to them being in predominately Black or Asian nations, they're mostly ignored or dismissed as irrelevant.

have no idea how you would come up with such a ridiculous question. I don't dislike any people based on nationality🙄🙄

Yep, work. What's your point? Lots of people emigrate to lots of countries, it's great to have the option.

So, my family in the USA and UK are not irish? Cousins born to Irish parents, not irish? Who do you consider Irish, someone who can trace their family tree back to the time of Brian Boru is it? Pure bloods, if you will.........

• Advertisement

'Dunno about bettering themselves.. that's kinda subjective, since people who have grown up in poverty or near to it, are more than likely to leap at a chance to suck at a free nipple if they can get away with it. '

I really have to take issue with this.

You cannot back this up, it's insulting and belittling to people that grew up poor. Something you know nothing about, Tbf.

Irish native and Irish born are 2 different things . Native Americans are Indians .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

sure can’t we just disband the army... sure we were never at war....save millions a year.

Close...Curragh camp, McKee barracks, Finner Camp.... hundreds of acres to be building them houses on... nice ones too

#irelandforall #bestiesnotborders

Interesting from France’s Secretary of State for European Affairs, Clément Beaune:

Speaking on Wednesday, Clément Beaune said that Minsk wants to break up the EU through mass immigration.

“Human trafficking is organized by the Lukashenko family directly, along with third countries,” he said. “It is cleverly organized through Turkey and Dubai.”

Earlier this month, German foreign minister Heiko Maas dubbed the Belarusian leader “the head of a state-run smuggling ring.”

Interesting times indeed...... perhaps they could match their words with actions now and stop these smuggling operations....

They would need a justice system that was feared... and they don't have one. It's one of the weaknesses of Western culture when dealing with those not raised within it. Those raised outside of Europe will have experienced a harsher way of life, and won't be terribly impressed by our sentencing or prison system. Many of those involved will have done time already in Russian prisons, and European prisons will be holiday camps in comparison. Where is the fear in getting caught? And considering the numbers of people with repeated charges/convictions walking the streets, they probably have good legal options for limiting their time in prison.

Human trafficking is too profitable a business to ever disappear. Just as mass immigration is also too profitable, and any desire to limit it will face serious opposition from many sources, all of whom rely on it for their wealth and influence.

You posted about natives and what you consider native . You cant debate it but instead try to deflect .

No I didnt. I asked a question. Are my cousins born in a different country to Irish parents irish? Which, of course, we know they are. Nothing about what I consider. That's fact.

Never mentioned anything about Irish born. Of course then I was abused by a poster trying to suggest that I wasn't 'full irish' whatever that means.

posts deleted now, must have been abuse.

• Advertisement

I have many cousins in the USA born to Irish parents . I don't consider them Irish and if I asked them they would say no . I dont know your background to decide . Years ago when this forum was full blown left , some tried to claim I was not Irish as my ancestors came from Scotland in the 17th Century .

Advertisement