Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nobotty wrote: »
    Getting Zero by locking down is pointless if when opening up people go mad again because its not really zero
    The notion of it'll not happen to me needs to go
    People need to assume everyone outside their own house is positive until there's a vaccine that works, then take it
    Donnelly was utterly terrible on the news at one on rte
    The problem is he just doesn't research properly and has no answers
    You could listen to him for 10 minutes and learn nothing from the waffle

Some of the best I've come across on the whole thing is NPHETS briefs. It contextualizes the advice fully in terms of impact on the health system etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

On the Oireachtas website. Try Googling. I’m sure that I already posted the link some time ago.

Have you posted the data you were making assertions on that I asked for Maryanne?

Have you posted the data you were making assertions on that I asked for Maryanne?

Try reading newspapers. Golf dinners. GAA celebrations. Students gathering in large groups outside secondary school, without masks. Protest meetings against said masks.

Try reading newspapers. Golf dinners. GAA celebrations. Students gathering in large groups outside secondary school, without masks. Protest meetings against said masks.

No data so...just guessing.

Would you agree that our first lockdown was imposed not because of behaviours but because it was feared that our health system would not be able to cope and that is what NPHET were basing their recommendations on? As was the last recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Would you agree that our first lockdown was imposed not because of behaviours but because it was feared that our health system would not be able to cope and that is what NPHET were basing their recommendations on? As was the last recommendation?

It was actually Leo himself as caretakerTaoiseach who said we needed to follow NPHET advice when he was in the driving seat, but now he's in the passenger seat and still wants to be driving he's now claiming they NPHET advice can be ignored if him or the govt feel fit to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,257 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I hear that the Northern Ireland hospitals will be overwhelmed this week, is that true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    I hear that the Northern Ireland hospitals will be overwhelmed this week, is that true?

What's that got to do with the FF/FG/Greens thread. Your in the wrong place my dear

We have been warned that our hospitals will be the same in a few weeks and our Govt have done nothing, actually ignored advice from NHEPT

blanch152 wrote: »

:confused: Scolding on another thread about people wanting to talk about FG...wants to talk about SF on this one. :):) What a parody you are.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It was actually Leo himself as caretakerTaoiseach who said we needed to follow NPHET advice when he was in the driving seat, but now he's in the passenger seat and still wants to be driving he's now claiming they NPHET advice can be ignored if him or the govt feel fit to.

Pivoting is not confined to him...we see regular posters doing it here. Leo is a bad influence all round.

Pivoting is not confined to him...we see regular posters doing it here. Leo is a bad influence all round.

Trump tactics and MAGA type supporters. Seen it in the Glennane Gang thread when they called the victims families nutballs. Some really bottom feeders supporting FFG now.

• Advertisement

Whatever I believe will only lead to more hysterical responses from yourself and other posters who don’t have the same viewpoint as me.

Whatever I believe will only lead to more hysterical responses from yourself and other posters who don’t have the same viewpoint as me.

:D:D Maryanne comes out with unsupported (by data) theory, calls other poster 'hysterical'.

Alrighty :):)

Tanaiste takes to the Sunday papers talking about a 'circuit breaker', Taoiseach takes to the radio to talk one down.
    Confusion, dithering and mixed messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,136 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What 'numbers'...have you data to present here?

Mr B, time to drop that rubbish!

Do you seriously think people went out counting those flouting the regulations..

I visited a major shopping centre on Friday and observed dozens of shoppers not wearing masks correctly, not wearing masks at all, eating while walking around with masks under their chins.

Have seen dozens of secondary school students going back after lunch roaring and shouting , no distancing, no attempt to avoid contact.

A fool with one eye could see what’s going on, and people like you start looking for links and data.

Would you ever.......

Tanaiste takes to the Sunday papers talking about a 'circuit breaker', Taoiseach takes to the radio to talk one down.
    Confusion, dithering and mixed messaging.

Should follow the example of NI, those in charge doing a great job controlling things:D

Only those wanting be confused are pretending to be confused.

Seem to be able to have no problem figuring entitlements.

Comes as second nature on that score, it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Head scratching stuff today.

Leo does a comple uturn and suggests short sharp lockdowns maybe needed, Donnelly and some obscure minister of state confirm schools won't be getting extended mid term break and just to finish off the day, Taoiseach rules nothing out including level 4 & 5 and gets a subtle dig in at Leo saying no circuit breaker type lockdown would work, be considered etc.

You'd think after a week of continuing communications chaos, they'd sit down and decide who's going to be the spokesperson.

I can't figure out who or what to believe and can't figure out how in heavens name schools could be open at level 4 or 4 let alone get extended mid term break.

I do however hope Leo had some humble pie for Sunday lunch, a week's a long time in the world of hypocrisy.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Head scratching stuff today.

Leo does a comple uturn and suggests short sharp lockdowns maybe needed, Donnelly and some obscure minister of state confirm schools won't be getting extended mid term break and just to finish off the day, Taoiseach rules nothing out including level 4 & 5 and gets a subtle dig in at Leo saying no circuit breaker type lockdown would work, be considered etc.

You'd think after a week of continuing communications chaos, they'd sit down and decide who's going to be the spokesperson.

I can't figure out who or what to believe and can't figure out how in heavens name schools could be open at level 4 or 4 let alone get extended mid term break.

I do however hope Leo had some humble pie for Sunday lunch, a week's a long time in the world of hypocrisy.

Who’s scratching their heads, effendi.

Do you seriously think people went out counting those flouting the regulations..

I visited a major shopping centre on Friday and observed dozens of shoppers not wearing masks correctly, not wearing masks at all, eating while walking around with masks under their chins.

Have seen dozens of secondary school students going back after lunch roaring and shouting , no distancing, no attempt to avoid contact.

A fool with one eye could see what’s going on, and people like you start looking for links and data.

Would you ever.......

Dont forget all the politicians and those in power who have broken restrictions too, its not just the general public.

I'd be very interested in a list of what TDs went on holidays this summer to non green list countries, because I know of one in Drogheda who was in Portugal

Should follow the example of NI, those in charge doing a great job controlling things:D

So Leo saying 1 thing in paper and Mícheál at lunchtime saying the opposite.

Confused might not be the word but people are wondering what the ****s going on. The Govt obvs is not functioning properly, they can't even agree to what to say in public.

Everyone's fighting a pandemic while Leo's planning an election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

If you want a further insight into disarray involving Donnelly Read this
    I hate the indo but its free for a month with revolut,just go into the offers page on the app

Basically, he appears not to be on top of his brief and is viewed as condescending by his party

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/concerns-about-performance-of-stephen-donnelly-go-far-beyond-the-past-week-39608870.html

• Advertisement

Dont forget all the politicians and those in power who have broken restrictions too, its not just the general public.

I'd be very interested in a list of what TDs went on holidays this summer to non green list countries, because I know of one in Drogheda who was in Portugal

Not forgetting the black tie white shirt dudes and dudesses who attended the fake funeral for poor Bobby....big Pearse with the big lollipop head on him sticking up in the middle of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Who’s scratching their heads, effendi.

Anyone trying to make sense of this governments kindagarten communication skills, just shocking at this stage.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

So Leo saying 1 thing in paper and Mícheál at lunchtime saying the opposite.

Confused might not be the word but people are wondering what the ****s going on. The Govt obvs is not functioning properly, they can't even agree to what to say in public.

Everyone's fighting a pandemic while Leo's planning an election

And MaryLou’s doing nothing. She’s gone very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Thank God

Don't forget the government went on holidays and seems as if more or less nothing has been done to prepare for this new wave. All in it together.

Would you ever.......

Yet the government officially (the Minister for Health) said today that the return to school has been a resounding success and is has not led to an increase. So your observation seems a bit hysterical and confusing there Brendi a chara. Maybe get some actual data because your eyes are not a dependable source according to Donnelly.

If only more people could STFU and leave those who know what to do take charge.

https://twitter.com/paulmurphy_TD/status/1315210046700220426?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Don't forget the government went on holidays and seems as if more or less nothing has been done to prepare for this new wave. All in it together.

Wow....a post, not a Twitter grab.

Makes a change.

Can't defend...must get a mention of SF in, with a bit of spittle.

Not having a good day Brendi are you?

• Advertisement

Can't defend...must get a mention of SF in, with a bit of spittle.

Not having a good day Brendi are you?

Heh heh heh ..you hate being found out Mr B.:D

You hate people seeing through your tactics.

Lookit...... I’ll get out with the clicker and send it out to Twitter.

“There are none so blind..........etc........:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement