Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭_ptashek_

what are the shipping times like from germany?

It depends. For items sold or fulfilled by Amazon, delivery times are often identical to standard Amazon UK delivery. This is because a lot of those orders are fulfilled from German warehouses, which will be the default post-Brexit anyway for all Amazon UK orders to Ireland.

For third party sellers it's up-to 10 days in my experience (dispatch + delivery).

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

A 500gram package , 10cm X 5cm X 5cm ...value €24.50. Amazon uk wants €15.30 for delivery to Co. Cork. Haha. On jan 1 we should add VAT and customs and excise fees. Bye bye UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

A phone fulfilled by Amazon ordered on Tuesday. Needed it as quickly as possible to chose Priority Delivery, i.e., next day in UK. Delivery date: yesterday, Monday, a week.

Got email yesterday saying it will be another two days. Left unhappy seller feedback (probably not the right place, but in my annoyance, the easiest). Immediately, three other orders of four items, three items and two items, which had approx. 7-day free delivery, all dispatched individually.

They can despatch quickly when they want.

Edit: I suspect that they are lying and haven't despatched this phone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭_ptashek_

Scoondal wrote: »
    On jan 1 we should add VAT and customs and excise fees

Unlikely. Sellers wanting to continue to sell into the EU will be required to shift inventory into fulfilment centres in Europe, most notably Germany. It has been happening for a while now - some of my UK orders this year have shipped from Germany already. Sure some (smaller) sellers will shift their focus entirely to the UK, but that's their problem. Business hates a vacuum ;)

https://tamebay.com/2020/08/new-amazon-seller-brexit-help-page-with-guidance-for-selling-in-2021.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

AN POST IS asking customers to bear with it as it deals with a 130% increase in the volume of packages and parcels compared to 2019.

Parcel volumes have “peaked beyond Christmas volumes” but An Post stressed that “everything is under control” as it moves through the busy period.

https://www.thejournal.ie/an-post-christmas-deliveries-5262276-Nov2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I had a subscribe and save order due for delivery to Mayo on Tuesday. Three items turned up on Monday. Two are sitting in the Dublin parcel hub since Sunday. Three were last tracked in Saint Helens, Merseyside last Thursday. One was due to be delivered by UPS yesterday, but the driver claimed my address was incomplete. I rang them and my full address including Eircode is on the package.

At this stage when I go into the tracking pages for the items that are coming with An Post, there is a notice from Amazon stating that if they don't arrive by tomorrow, I can come back the following day for a refund.

I ordered some items & got the usual 4 to 5 working day delivery during ordering. Once ordered this changed to 12 days. I wish they had said this at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It's not AnPost that's the issue, I placed an order last Friday, Amazon didn't ship it till late Monday, it's still in their Liverpool sorting place, any of my orders once it hits Ireland it's 1 or 2 days and AnPost delivers it. The delays for me are always Amazons fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's not AnPost that's the issue, I placed an order last Friday, Amazon didn't ship it till late Monday, it's still in their Liverpool sorting place, any of my orders once it hits Ireland it's 1 or 2 days and AnPost delivers it. The delays for me are always Amazons fault.

I have a parcel sitting in St Helens that was due to be delivered yesterday. It was shipped last friday. hard to know where the problem lies. it is possible that it is actually in dublin and it just hasn't been scanned as received by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I have a parcel sitting in St Helens that was due to be delivered yesterday. It was shipped last friday. hard to know where the problem lies. it is possible that it is actually in dublin and it just hasn't been scanned as received by An Post.

Same here. Item ordered 14th October, only shipped to St Helens on Friday, with no movement and was meant to be delivered yesterday.

• Advertisement

I agree. I ordered on Saturday & no sign of shipping.

_ptashek_ wrote: »
    Unlikely. Sellers wanting to continue to sell into the EU will be required to shift inventory into fulfilment centres in Europe, most notably Germany. It has been happening for a while now - some of my UK orders this year have shipped from Germany already. Sure some (smaller) sellers will shift their focus entirely to the UK, but that's their problem. Business hates a vacuum ;)

https://tamebay.com/2020/08/new-amazon-seller-brexit-help-page-with-guidance-for-selling-in-2021.html

Just cut out the middle man and order on amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

I ordered an item to addresspal so was going to london and has also gone into the ether so is not just an Irish issue. Amazon must be under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SungSam7

Finally got my package after waiting since it left Merseyside on the 29th..... It's been a journey I will never forget. Finally got processed 9 days later, get a text on the Sunday to tell me it would be with me in 3 working days.

Wednesday (today) comes and I wake up to find it's been mis sorted to Nenagh in north Tipperary. I'm in a town in county Waterford so I was not very amused to see that come up. Safe to say I gave An Post a piece of my mind on how I felt over their handling of situation but they were to busy trying to deflect blame on Amazons side somehow.

Long story short, I just told them leave the bloody thing there and I'll get it myself, 4 hours total drive there and back... what a nightmare.

My latest package.

Wednesday, 11 November
    4:23 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE,
    Monday, 9 November
    9:27 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    7:33 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    4:39 PM
    Castle Donington, GB
    1:06 PM
    Coslada, Madrid, (España), Madrid ES
    Sunday, 8 November
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mufc2803

SungSam7 wrote: »
    Finally got my package after waiting since it left Merseyside on the 29th..... It's been a journey I will never forget. Finally got processed 9 days later, get a text on the Sunday to tell me it would be with me in 3 working days.

Wednesday (today) comes and I wake up to find it's been mis sorted to Nenagh in north Tipperary. I'm in a town in county Waterford so I was not very amused to see that come up. Safe to say I gave An Post a piece of my mind on how I felt over their handling of situation but they were to busy trying to deflect blame on Amazons side somehow.

Long story short, I just told them leave the bloody thing there and I'll get it myself, 4 hours total drive there and back... what a nightmare.

I've had a parcel that departed st Helen's on November 2nd. No update since, not on an post's tracking system, contacted an post said it is not in their system. I've applied for a refund with amazon but I dont want to re order the items as they are gifts and I am afraid to re order incase originals come. Any suggestions??

Mufc2803 wrote: »
    I've had a parcel that departed st Helen's on November 2nd. No update since, not on an post's tracking system, contacted an post said it is not in their system. I've applied for a refund with amazon but I dont want to re order the items as they are gifts and I am afraid to re order incase originals come. Any suggestions??

It should be processed in Dublin by the end of this week anyway, if you have applied for a refund, there is a good chance the items will still be delivered and you get to keep them, an Amazon agent should tell you this anyway.

Other than getting them sent to Parcel Motel or something similar, you might stand a better chance but I've never used them to know how reliable they are. I'd just wait and see until Monday morning before thinking of recording the same items again. I'd be very shocked if they didnt come up in the system. Use An Post tracking of course and not Amazon if you have gone for the refund route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Do you have a phone number for an post? The one on the Amazon support page brings me to an automated line that gives the same information as the online tracker then hangs up, I have also filled out an online query but got no reply.

In my case I ordered a laptop on October 23rd with delivery expected on October 31st, Not ideal but I went with it because I wasn't in a major rush for it and got a decent spec. Rearranged delivery to a parcel locker when prompted as it's easier with work. 2 days later on November 4th,I got a notification to say delivery was attempted. No update since.

I have processed the refund but want to get the damn thing returned as cc rep at amazon told me my card would be charged again otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

In a level 5 lockdown....really?

sweetie wrote: »

I've noticed a lot of people in this thread have zero patience. :pac:

• Advertisement

Free delivery out now to 15 days. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Free delivery out now to 15 days. Lovely.

Not in Dublin...

Screenshot-from-2020-11-12-13-03-19.png

Some items are Saturday,

VG31 wrote: »
    Not in Dublin...

Screenshot-from-2020-11-12-13-03-19.png

Some items are Saturday,
    Don't have Prime. Requested a refund yesterday for a phone that no one seems to know the location of, and re-ordered - despatched and sold by Amazon. This one - standard delivery 15 days, priority delivery 8 days.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Don't have Prime. Requested a refund yesterday for a phone that no one seems to know the location of, and re-ordered - despatched and sold by Amazon. This one - standard delivery 15 days, priority delivery 8 days.

You should order items from .fr. They have proper labour laws in France.

AnPost are flooded, got something from a shop in Dublin, they shipped it Wednesday, it's still in the Dublin sorting office.

I order on the 7th & the items still haven't shipped. Also have Amazon blocked chat about delivery times ? I tried to get on the chat to complain but the options are cancel or everything ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I ordered two items on Wednesday and they arrived yesterday. Can't ask for better service than that. I'm a Prime customer so free shipping as well.

Another item I bought from an online clothing company called Zalando was shipped on the 3rd of Nov and still hasn't arrived yet.

Do you have a phone number for an post? The one on the Amazon support page brings me to an automated line that gives the same information as the online tracker then hangs up, I have also filled out an online query but got no reply.
    They open at 9 Monday to Friday, don't think weekends, you select option 2 or 3, not option 1 as that just gives you same nonsense that online does.
    sweetie wrote: »

Yeah really? I interact with no one, I social distance, wear a mask and sanitize my hands in every place I go while I am outside. The only person I talked to was the person in the Post Office and that was it and drove straight home. Unfortunately we are not in this situation because someone went on a 2 hour drive but because people can't social distance or wash themselves. So yeah really, in a lock down I did, sue me.
    I've noticed a lot of people in this thread have zero patience. :pac:

Well when An Post are handling an expensive item like its a dish sponge, you get fed up after dealing with it for weeks, so to be honest, my patience was wearing thin. It doesn't help when they refuse to accept that they are swamped and provide people with that information but instead try blame the shops and companies that use their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Trying to order a Hunky Mens Dot-To-Dot book for my mother for Christmas. (Yes you read that right)

Dublin address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Monday, Nov. 16
    Cork address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Monday, Nov. 23

Seven days more for a delivery to Cork. This is getting shambolic. And to reiterate - its not the length of the delivery completely, it'll be the length of time for order to dispatch. It'll be days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Seven days more for a delivery to Cork. This is getting shambolic. And to reiterate - its not the length of the delivery completely, it'll be the length of time for order to dispatch. It'll be days.

The fact that Amazon do their own deliveries in Dublin and not in the rest of the country must at least be a factor.

Advertisement