Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Seven days more for a delivery to Cork. This is getting shambolic. And to reiterate - its not the length of the delivery completely, it'll be the length of time for order to dispatch. It'll be days.

The mothers of Cork deserve one day prime hunk deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Its actually a REALLY good secret santa - perhaps not a work one, but a family one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/154049960X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm doing all my Christmas shopping and today ordered a much more acceptable gift.

MuveAcoustics Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Loudest Wireless Stereo Sound for Home and Travel, Black
    GB address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Wednesday, Nov. 18
    NI address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Thursday, Nov. 19
    Dublin address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Wednesday, Nov. 18
    Cork address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Wednesday, Nov. 25

Swings are getting wilder. Quicker to Dublin now than NI and on par with GB, but a full week longer for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Im starting to warm to these amazon deliveries. I saw that an item was scheduled to be delivered when i was going to be out on Sunday morning. I was able to go in and request it be delivered after 6pm.
    And it arrived at 7pm on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I am waiting for a prime delivery since November 4. It's just showing in Dublin mail center.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I ordered a small item today & just got an email to say that it's been posted from the UK. The delivery date is the 30th ! Since when does it take two weeks for a small packet to go from the UK to Galway ?

• Advertisement

I see you can now change your currency to Euro on the website. Brexit draws nearer !!

Anyone else notice products disappearing from the Amazon UK site? Was having another look at a pair of shoes I saw their months ago now only available from the German site.

It's a good idea idea to check here before you buy & compare all Amazon prices.

https://www.hagglezon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I wonder if there is a no deal brexit will Amazon give Irish customers prime delivery from an Amazon EU site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ordered something today. Expected delivery is 2nd December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ordered something today. Expected delivery is 2nd December.

More details would be helpful for people.
    Is it sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, or sold by 3rd party.
    Do you have prime and priority delivery or standard delivery?
    Is it going to Dublin where they are doing their own deliveries or elsewhere in the country via an post.

Seems to be getting faster.
    I just ordered an item from a third party this morning.
    Checked it on Amazon just now and its been dispatched with delivery expected before 9pm tomorrow.

Just got an email to say that I am signed up for prime - I didn't request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Ordered two products, a speaker and HDMI cable, both fulfilled by Amazon (with the cable being a amazonbasics one) and they won't be here until Thursday this week. Prime delivery as well, to Cork. Bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Seems to be getting faster.
    I just ordered an item from a third party this morning.
    Checked it on Amazon just now and its been dispatched with delivery expected before 9pm tomorrow.

Ordered four items on Sunday night, 2 are out for delivery now, and 2 due tomorrow before 9pm. Definitely got a bit quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

Just wondering peoples thoughts.

Would any of ye use and irish site full of irish vendors not local directory sites but a functioning marketplace. or would you be set on Amazon and not necessarily mind too much where its coming from?

Chacha97 wrote: »

Would any of ye use and irish site full of irish vendors not local directory sites but a functioning marketplace. or would you be set on Amazon and not necessarily mind too much where its coming from?

Amazon just make it so easy. Especially when something goes wrong. And the speed and variety is excellent.

I ordered some stuff from irish sites that im waiting over two and a half weeks now to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

It's hard to know and would probably come down to price and reliability.

I was looking at getting a giftbox of scented candles on Amazon there on Sunday evening, and they would have been with me today. I went with a candle warehouse place down in Naas that had them slightly cheaper but paid postage so worked out maybe €1.50 or €2 more expensive. They only got dispatched today so might be here tomorrow, maybe Thursday but again I'm in no rush for them.

It's hard to know and would probably come down to price and reliability.

I was looking at getting a giftbox of scented candles on Amazon there on Sunday evening, and they would have been with me today. I went with a candle warehouse place down in Naas that had them slightly cheaper but paid postage so worked out maybe €1.50 or €2 more expensive. They only got dispatched today so might be here tomorrow, maybe Thursday but again I'm in no rush for them.

Yeah thats what I thought also. The annoyance with me is how they just bundle us in with the UK. Not even irish domain.

Literally just received an email from them there now about how they are supporting uk businesses and jobs they've created in uk....

Yeah thats what I thought also. The annoyance with me is how they just bundle us in with the UK. Not even irish domain.

Literally just received an email from them there now about how they are supporting uk businesses and jobs they've created in uk....

Sorry meant to add not giving out about them adding jobs etc

• Advertisement

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Amazon just make it so easy. Especially when something goes wrong. And the speed and variety is excellent.

I ordered some stuff from irish sites that im waiting over two and a half weeks now to arrive.

Not always. They insisted that I had asked to join Prime & debited payment from my card even though I didn't ask for it. The chat were totally useless. If I had ordered Prime why did I cancel it an hour later ? :rolleyes:

My last order was showing a five day delivery until I clicked confirm. It then changed to two weeks.

There is a huge opportunity for Irish vendors due to Brexit & I will buy Irish even if it's a little more but usually the price difference is huge. Brexit will encourage Irish traders to keep their prices high as they will now be competitive with the UK when duty is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Oh yes. Amazon is so convenient - it's not even the price. I wish Irish vendors would create a central marketplace.

I try to "buy Irish", but I just want to flick through a list of whatever it is I'm looking for and buy it - not navigate through a dozen different sites searching for stock and then navigate a dozen checkouts to discover the shipping cost.

Case in point - I have to buy a baby yoda for Christmas. Can find a hundred different ones in about 5 seconds on the Amazon app.

Have Amazon/AnPost stopped sending texts ? I used to get a text the day before delivery but haven't had one for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Sorry meant to add not giving out about them adding jobs etc

Not sure what you mean here. Amazon are a major Irish employer here with office in Cork, Dublin and Roscommon. They are adding jobs all the time.

Not sure what you mean here. Amazon are a major Irish employer here with office in Cork, Dublin and Roscommon. They are adding jobs all the time.

I wasn't giving out about the fact they were adding jobs in the email. It was just that the email only referenced uk no mention of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Discodog wrote: »
    Not always. They insisted that I had asked to join Prime & debited payment from my card even though I didn't ask for it. The chat were totally useless. If I had ordered Prime why did I cancel it an hour later ? :rolleyes:

My last order was showing a five day delivery until I clicked confirm. It then changed to two weeks.

That's what happened to me. Said November 6 delivery. Signed up for prime again. Got email saying November 9.

Never got delivery. They refunded me my prime account and cost of goods, was quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Discodog wrote: »
    Have Amazon/AnPost stopped sending texts ? I used to get a text the day before delivery but haven't had one for quite a while.

Got AnPost text today about a book (<10 euro) I ordered last week, and the tracking for £300 digital keyboard shows "sorry we don't have tracking information, it's coming to you with DPD" :rolleyes:

I would love to buy Irish etc, but what is buying Irish these days? Apart from dairy, meat and services, is anything ever produced in Ireland?

PS: DPD tracking is now working / updating Amazon site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Amazon isnt the problem it's when An Post get hold of it it slows down. An Post are struggling ,there must be a massive back log in Dublin.

I have two ordes that left the UK last Friday at the same time just after 0400 .

One order says your parcel arrived at An Post Dublin at 03.45 Sunday morning 48hrs after leaving the UK . The other order must be still on the boat as it hadn't updated since it left the UK .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Car99 wrote: »
    Amazon isnt the problem it's when An Post get hold of it it slows down. An Post are struggling ,there must be a massive back log in Dublin.

I have two ordes that left the UK last Friday at the same time just after 0400 .

One order says your parcel arrived at An Post Dublin at 03.45 Sunday morning 48hrs after leaving the UK . The other order must be still on the boat as it hadn't updated since it left the UK .

There's a HUGE problem with An Post. I've ordered stuff from them with and without PRIME. It's been sent promptly by Amazon. The stuff is then sitting with An Post for anything up to TWO weeks!

I ordered my dog food expecting delivery on the 9th. It wasn't delivered until Tuesday this week. Parcel was sitting with An Post over a week. I spoke to my postie who I know and asked him what the story was. Fella told me they are overwhelmed with work. They simply cannot keep up with the demand. God knows what's going to happen with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas...

Advertisement