Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Independent - Sinn Fein

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Tiocfaidh ar lá refers to getting a United Ireland so it should be very acceptable in modern Ireland

Especially when it is the only Irish the useful idiots know unless you add in Sinn Fein

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ha ha, well I don't know how old you are, but that phrase has been used by the Provos many times, usually after their latest atrocity, hence that phrase has seriously bad memories for many Irish people.

Mary Lou said it not so long ago and was attacked from all sides. You should know this.

I'm quite old but what's the meaning our day will come, what does it refer too?

A United Ireland

Ha ha, well I don't know how old you are, but that phrase has been used by the Provos many times, usually after their latest atrocity, hence that phrase has seriously bad memories for many Irish people.

Mary Lou said it not so long ago and was attacked from all sides. You should know this.

It means our day will.come

Its also.used in chanting at hurling matches (proper sport,unlike drugby) aswell by where im from aswell

I believ optimism is perferable to pessism,so I like the phrase so much,so gonna registar as chucky our blaaz,but didnt in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Edgware wrote: »
    Especially when it is the only Irish the useful idiots know unless you add in Sinn Fein

Again not true. Maybe ask your friend leo to hold a conversation in Irish. He can barely speak in english when under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Done with this thread now. Thought there was some possibility of some kind of exchange of views or information but already the Irish Language loons are emerging.

Either you think there are any circumstances at all ever that entitle you to maim and kill at random or you dont. Either you are the kind of person who can shoot an unarmed man posing no threat to you or hold a teenager down while breaking his legs or you are not. Sinn Fein IRA think all the cruelty and misery was necessary and justified and are willing and able to inflict it on others if and when it suits them. Normal people are simply not capable of thinking like this or behaving like this. And it is only the most calculating, venal and self interested who would join them as a career move. Goodbye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Truthvader wrote: »
    Done with this thread now. Thought there was some possibility of some kind of exchange of views or information but already the Irish Language loons are emerging.

Either you think there are any circumstances at all ever that entitle you to maim and kill at random or you dont. Either you are the kind of person who can shoot an unarmed man posing no threat to you or hold a teenager down while breaking his legs or you are not. Sinn Fein IRA think all the cruelty and misery was necessary and justified and are willing and able to inflict it on others if and when it suits them. Normal people are simply not capable of thinking like this or behaving like this. And it is only the most calculating, venal and self interested who would join them as a career move. Goodbye

Were you talking about the paratroopers again?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Truthvader wrote: »

Your inability to debate is the cause of you cowering away from this thread, not because some fella said he wanted an Irish Language Act, so don't fool yourself.

Again, you have some sort of warped mind frame that you spout on these forums "Your gangsters are worse than our gangsters".

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Again not true. Maybe ask your friend leo to hold a conversation in Irish. He can barely speak in english when under pressure.
    Try having a chat in Irish with the local Easter Lily wearing thug and see how far you will get

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why would it bother me when I previously voted for FG FF Labour etc?

Like the difference between small and far away as explained by Fr. Ted to Fr. Dougal, there is a difference between recent history in living memory and far-distant history.

It might be a struggle for some to understand the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Try having a chat in Irish with the local Easter Lily wearing thug and see how far you will get

So anyone wearing a Easter Lilly is a thug?

WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I sat beside him in school. And he's no thug. Does a lot more for the community then i suspect you ever would.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,525 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Like the difference between small and far away as explained by Fr. Ted to Fr. Dougal, there is a difference between recent history in living memory and far-distant history.

There is 'a difference' if you want a cowards way out of the realities of how we came to be where we are.

I fully endorse and want a peaceful society and to live in peace. I fully understand that not everyone on this island, at various times, did not have that, no matter what they did. I fully understand that there were those who failed to take responsibility for delivering that and who tried to maintain it.

In that context I understand why what happened, happened.
    You however are legend here, in perpetually blaming those who were under the yoke, you are a typical Irish partitionist, all cozy and warm and morally upstanding while sanitising how the yoke was lifted off for you.

So anyone wearing a Easter Lilly is a thug?

WOW
    Do you get dizzy jumping to conclusions?
    I posted "the" not "a" or "any" or "every"

Theres actually not like?

Whats the difference between killing someone in 1916 and 2020??

Person still ends up dead...its pure and utter hyprocrisy to say otherwise

Theres actually not like?

Whats the difference between killing someone in 1916 and 2020??

Person still ends up dead...its pure and utter hyprocrisy to say otherwise

Sinn Fein explain that there is a cultural difference between killing somebody in 1980 and 2020, hence they can condemn the dissidents, but at the same time, they refuse to accept that there is a cultural difference between 1916 and 1980, a much longer period.

Sinn Fein explain that there is a cultural difference between killing somebody in 1980 and 2020, hence they can condemn the dissidents, but at the same time, they refuse to accept that there is a cultural difference between 1916 and 1980, a much longer period.

No they don't. They just say the dissidents are wrong to do it with an Agreement in place.

There isnt any difference though...they are hypocrites,same as yous

There isnt any difference though...they are hypocrites,same as yous

Oh, but there is.

The society of 2020 is far different from the society of 1916.

Oh, but there is.

There really isnt any difference in killing someone today vs 1916...they still end up dead (if anything,the punishment is less nowadays,no death penalty)??

Quite,why you have chosen his hill to die on is perplexing

Oh, but there is.

There are more armaments (that are far more deadly) in the world today than there was in 1916.

How exactly is society 'different'? Oppression is still oppression and revolt against still happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement