Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

everlast75 wrote: »
    NPHET modelling did not account for change allowing AstraZeneca and Janssen vaccines being made available to all age groups, TDs told

https://jrnl.ie/5481608

Seems kinda important???

The change was recommended after the Government/NPHET briefing had already happened, and several days after the modelling was done.

Clickbait-y nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Where would we be in the normal run of things? 1st 2 announcements done, a couple of smaller areas, heading for the Body and Soul announcement? This pissing about is excruciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Where would we be in the normal run of things? 1st 2 announcements done, a couple of smaller areas, heading for the Body and Soul announcement? This pissing about is excruciating.

In 2019 we wouldn't have even had the 2nd announcement yet

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/brand-new-acts-announced-electric-picnic-2019

In other news, I am obsessed with this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9jeJk2UHQ&ab_channel=WetLegVEVO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Pretty cool. Very like Dry Cleaning. Also cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuqlOTyJt0

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

207984550_10158575746332568_6930403907266503408_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=YbXoPROl8HAAX_-qjZL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=850c33cab54f88e8bae209d7d865b366&oe=60E3A1F5

Definitely some good news with regards to the roll out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭endainoz

207984550_10158575746332568_6930403907266503408_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=YbXoPROl8HAAX_-qjZL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=850c33cab54f88e8bae209d7d865b366&oe=60E3A1F5

Good news for sure, except if twitter is to be believed anyone calling the pharmacies are saying they have no idea what Donnely was talking about. Typical really, but hopefully they'll be told soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

[

My eyesight is poor .. could you blow up this image a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

Something about stabbings I think.

rubick wrote: »
    Something about stabbings I think.

Thanks. Thats all I needed to know.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,218 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"subject to supply"

Not a hope in hell all 18 - 34 yo will be fully vaccinated by the end of August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sydthebeat wrote: »
    "subject to supply"

I just hope there's enough supply of 18 year olds so we can go a-kicking..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

endainoz wrote: »
    Good news for sure, except if twitter is to be believed anyone calling the pharmacies are saying they have no idea what Donnely was talking about. Typical really, but hopefully they'll be told soon.
    It's only participating pharmacies, who are already giving it to the over 50s:
    https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

The Irish Pharmacy Union has been pushing for this for several days, so any members that don't know should really be talking to them:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0629/1232098-covid-vaccines/
    Pharmacists say they have over 40,000 doses of the Janssen vaccine at their disposal and want to vaccinate under 40s.

The IPU says there are more than 40,000 doses spread across 800 pharmacies ready to be administered.

New Snapped Ankles album sounds excellent to my old ears. Have tickets for them in October, surely that will happen! They would be a great addition to the auld picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

In 2019 we wouldn't have even had the 2nd announcement yet

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/brand-new-acts-announced-electric-picnic-2019

In other news, I am obsessed with this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9jeJk2UHQ&ab_channel=WetLegVEVO

In Paul McLoones new show, he said someone sent him this song today.
    They must read Boards!

Around the 20 min mark.
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0iYagfgcwzZdbR5m7vITDj?si=26def8912b6947ec

sydthebeat wrote: »
    "subject to supply"

Come on now, Syd. A million extra doses incoming and our good friend Stephen Donnelly on the airwaves promising that every adult who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of August. This is a positive Pucnic day. Get with the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Stillill42 wrote: »
    every adult who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of August. This is a positive Pucnic day. Get with the programme.

A vaccine is unfortunately different to fully vaccinated

A vaccine is unfortunately different to fully vaccinated

Well of course but this is still big news when we've got so many Janssen and Pfizer jabs in play and the gap between Astra Zeneca doses is down to 4 weeks. No? End of September for full vaccination for pretty much the entire adult population?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Looks interesting!! The company supplying the barriers certainly making up for the lost 1.5 years ;)

https://www.facebook.com/269600083234717/posts/1617501491777896/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

With the j&j influx and now an additional 1m Pfizer on the way which have to be used pretty much straight away, we may switch to 24hr jabs to get those vaccines used!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

everlast75 wrote: »
    With the j&j influx and now an additional 1m Pfizer on the way which have to be used pretty much straight away, we may switch to 24hr jabs to get those vaccines used!

You maybe raving in the woods so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

In Paul McLoones new show, he said someone sent him this song today.
    They must read Boards!

Around the 20 min mark.

it's been doing the rounds, Mark Kermode of the bbc was wanging on about it about two weeks ago on the twitter, i bought it on iTunes last weekend and it's getting far too many plays a day, it's quite a giddy tune, i love it.

Is there any live stream for that gig in Dublin today?

Is there any live stream for that gig in Dublin today?

Not a stream but some footage.

https://www.facebook.com/irishmirror/videos/1187310338360699/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »

In this year of all years we finally get a Gavin James video on this thread. Can we add Fatfrog to the 'teenagers in threat of a kicking' list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    In this year of all years we finally get a Gavin James video on this thread. Can we add Fatfrog to the 'teenagers in threat of a kicking' list?

I think it’s unforgivable. Especially after everything we have been through

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Who said I'm not a teenager?

Rapid antigen tests used, Mass testing in done in two sessions, one the day before, the other on the afternoon of the event. 1 person tested positive and was "turned away from the event"

Upscale to EP size, x20 people would be turned away in the current climate.

Bar was open until 9.15 pm.

Attendees had to prove they had the contact tracing app on their smartphone.

Rapid antigen tests used, Mass testing in done in two sessions, one the day before, the other on the afternoon of the event. 1 person tested positive and was "turned away from the event"

Upscale to EP size, x20 people would be turned away in the current climate.

Bar was open until 9.15 pm.

Attendees had to prove they had the contact tracing app on their smartphone.

If antigen testing was used it kinda defeats the purpose of separating the crowd into little pens no? Seems to be a lot of Twitter backlash over it, but in fairness that could be just general Twitter whinging. It's quite fashionable to give out about anything a government does these days. My god they would be slaughtered if there was an election tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If antigen testing was used it kinda defeats the purpose of separating the crowd into little pens no? Seems to be a lot of Twitter backlash over it, but in fairness that could be just general Twitter whinging. It's quite fashionable to give out about anything a government does these days. My god they would be slaughtered if there was an election tomorrow!

Anything that pays artists and crews when no other gigs can or are happening is good and gets fans to see live music. Just not sure about the pilot part of it. It seems very safe as you say with antigen testing and pods and masks outside pods but just not sure if it could be replicated to bigger events or if not would it be financially viable. Know other pilot events in other countries were closer to pre covid gigs and festivals so not sure will events like these be repeated. There's a fairly short window for outdoor gigs here with weather and know EP is moved later in September but not sure what the pilot gigs mean for event like EP with 70,000 meant to be going if it goes ahead as normal.

• Advertisement

Oh don't get me wrong it's great to see people in the industry to get work again, it's just all very slow and cautious. I'm glad they're actually doing the antigen testing, was a surprise they didn't use it last time

Advertisement