Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭endainoz

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Not really - different country different rules

Policy on a lot stuff the same though, the calculated grades last for example. The government used the same system as the UK and Ireland ran into the same issues with it. Granted it's not all the same but there's no reason we can't use the data gathered, I still think it's a positive step.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Full scale festival a full 6 weeks before EP. That's a really useful development. Granted, it is smaller, around 35,000 I think but should give Melvin a strong hand going forward.

Nine weeks earlier this year. Even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭fafy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This is really nice! An interactive 3d map of Glastonbury showing the boundaries and different stages.

https://www.vam.ac.uk/mapping-glastonbury/explore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

Latitude going ahead as a test gig so I suspect it will be used by FR to present data for EP going ahead - plans still trundling on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Assuming we are still aiming for lift off, there are 91 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Not really - different country different rules
    nope! They are very much using it as a test for EP too and it’s very possible that EP will equally become a test gig with smaller capacity. FR are in very advanced talks here regarding EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Got an email from pink moon to remind me about my second payment being due.

Never so happy to get a bill in all my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Reded wrote: »
    nope! They are very much using it as a test for EP too and it’s very possible that EP will equally become a test gig with smaller capacity. FR are in very advanced talks here regarding EP.

I wonder how they will manage a smaller capacity when it's already sold out? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Assuming we are still aiming for lift off, there are 91 sleeps.

Fixed that for you :pac::pac:
    Reded wrote: »

EP will either go ahead with full capacity or will be cancelled till 2022, By September we will be at least pretty much at full vaccinated population. Also FR are only running festivals to make money and they need to recoup as much as they can from last year so doing a smaller capacity would cost them too much in the long run, same with their suppliers such as Pink Moon for example who would need to refund thousands of €€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Did anyone get an email from pink moon about paying their balance. I reckon its not due untill early august - no later than 6 weeks before the dates.

They managed to send me two requesting payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So EP should be having talks with government officials around now or over the next day or two, whatever comes from that I'd imagine is, if its going ahead, we'll see a lineup poster very shortly or a cancellation message till 2022.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So EP should be having talks with government officials around now or over the next day or two, whatever comes from that I'd imagine is, if its going ahead, we'll see a lineup poster very shortly or a cancellation message till 2022.

BD knows people on the inside! It's great to have some contacts in fairness!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If it gets the go ahead I hope they just announce the line up straight away instead just for the real excitement to kick in and for the first year in how long people wont be moaning at the line up...........Well not as much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If it gets the go ahead I hope they just announce the line up straight away instead just for the real excitement to kick in and for the first year in how long people wont be moaning at the line up...........Well not as much :pac:

Can’t wait to start moaning about the line up!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GentleHumour

Did anyone here catch Dave Fanning show on 2FM yesterday afternoon?

A real treat for anyone into their guitar music. He was going through the history of guitar in rock music from 50s, 60s…each decade thru to present day. Solos, riffs, style etc. Luke Reilly (ex Otherkin) in studio playing samples live.

A really interesting, fun, alternative (so rare now) listen. Two hours of the two lads playing audio clips, dissecting the sound and Luke jamming along. Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, U2, Smiths, GNR, Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine some of the few covered.

Reckon many on here would enjoy it if a link can be found and posted.

Cheers for that, must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Did anyone here catch Dave Fanning show on 2FM yesterday afternoon?

A real treat for anyone into their guitar music. He was going through the history of guitar in rock music from 50s, 60s…each decade thru to present day. Solos, riffs, style etc. Luke Reilly (ex Otherkin) in studio playing samples live.

A really interesting, fun, alternative (so rare now) listen. Two hours of the two lads playing audio clips, dissecting the sound and Luke jamming along. Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, U2, Smiths, GNR, Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine some of the few covered.

Reckon many on here would enjoy it if a link can be found and posted.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/2fm/11319892

This should do it, starts at 30 min. mark

Some positive news

8,000 fans allowed into Croke Park next Saturday for Leinster hurling semi-finals https://the42.ie/5479843

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Liam Gallagher playing belsonic on the Friday night of ep. Hopefully he comes down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

endainoz wrote: »
    Some positive news

8,000 fans allowed into Croke Park next Saturday for Leinster hurling semi-finals https://the42.ie/5479843

NIAC recommending AZ and JJ for younger age groups, also reducing gap for AZ to 4 weeks. All good, lads.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    NIAC recommending AZ and JJ for younger age groups, also reducing gap for AZ to 4 weeks. All good, lads.

Roughly 64% first dose, 38% fully done and the highest rate of vaccinated over-50s in Europe. Those figures two days old and with 350k jabs a week so we're speeding towards a positive outcome alongside a pressure for those fully vaccinated to resume a relatively 'normal' existence. The EP Doomsday Clock has gone back one minute.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-has-highest-vaccination-rate-in-europe-for-people-over-50-ecdc-data-shows-40585369.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭rubick

endainoz wrote: »
    Some positive news

That's actually great - only 5 tickets per local club were allocated to fans in the Down vs Donegal preliminary round of the Ulster Championship on Sunday past there at Páirc Esler in Newry. Not that having some fans there did us any good :/

rubick wrote: »
    That's actually great - only 5 tickets per local club were allocated to fans in the Down vs Donegal preliminary round of the Ulster Championship on Sunday past there at Páirc Esler in Newry. Not that having some fans there did us any good :/

Is Ulster football still a thing?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is Ulster football still a thing?

Burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭rubick

Look, we had a meeting and having already won 5 All Ireland Football Titles, Down GAA have decided there is no need for a 6th.

rubick wrote: »
    Look, we had a meeting and having already won 5 All Ireland Football Titles, Down GAA have decided there is no need for a 6th.

Given I'm from Mayo maybe I should hold my fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Somebody asked me the other day about big name /main stage acts turning up as surprise acts elsewhere over the weekend.

I said it happens all the time, but I can only really remember a few. Elbow in Other Voices (I wasn't there) was one that sprang to mind.

Apart from Hozier turning up in the Other Voices tent in 2014 just after filling the main stage on Saturday afternoon, I don't think I have been in the right place at the right time.

Who was where when someone turned up by surprise/ at short notice?

• Advertisement

Somebody asked me the other day about big name /main stage acts turning up as surprise acts elsewhere over the weekend.

I said it happens all the time, but I can only really remember a few. Elbow in Other Voices (I wasn't there) was one that sprang to mind.

Apart from Hozier turning up in the Other Voices tent in 2014 just after filling the main stage on Saturday afternoon, I don't think I have been in the right place at the right time.

Who was where when someone turned up by surprise/ at short notice?

Sigrid did one in OVs as well and a few others though I've never bothered. Having to be there thirty mins beforehand means I'm missing another act and it's never been someone I'm desperate to see. Could be some surprise Irish acts this year on a few stages, you've got to assume that every artist is keen to play after 18 months off.

Advertisement