Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sex pest yeti in the uk really could **** this for all of us.

Very true, Boris is taking a big gamble here, we just have to watch this space for a few weeks and hope tae fcuk that it works out. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Sex pest yeti.

Thought this was the name of a band...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Having a think about potential electronic acts/DJs from here, there's absolutely no shortage plenty to fill all your favourite late night areas, plus more - many of whom have played before. Off the top of my head -

HOUSE/TECHNO
    Sunil Sharpe (Dublin)
    Timmy Stewart (Belfast)
    Carlton Doom (Belfast)
    Or:la (Derry)
    Stephen Porter (Derry)
    Jordan Nocturne (Belfast)
    Bicep (Belfast)
    The Vendetta Suite (Down)

As Seathrun has pointed out - David Holmes - but sightings behind the decks are rare in the modern era.

JUNGLE/DnB
    Crilli DnB Belfast (Bad Operator, Blarney, Undadog, Concept)
    Initial DnB Dublin (JMC, Wah, Degree)
    Executive Steve (Dublin)
    Code (Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Poorside wrote: »

ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's the name of the difficult second album...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    Having a think about potential electronic acts/DJs from here, there's absolutely no shortage plenty to fill all your favourite late night areas, plus more - many of whom have played before. Off the top of my head -

HOUSE/TECHNO
    Sunil Sharpe (Dublin)
    Timmy Stewart (Belfast)
    Carlton Doom (Belfast)
    Or:la (Derry)
    Stephen Porter (Derry)
    Jordan Nocturne (Belfast)
    Bicep (Belfast)
    The Vendetta Suite (Down)

As Seathrun has pointed out - David Holmes - but sightings behind the decks are rare in the modern era.

JUNGLE/DnB
    Crilli DnB Belfast (Bad Operator, Blarney, Undadog, Concept)
    Initial DnB Dublin (JMC, Wah, Degree)
    Executive Steve (Dublin)
    Code (Cork)

Seems the DJ-ing is done and no sighting of the Free Association stuff either. He plays with a band called Unloved who did the Killing Eve soundtrack but the other two are LA based so that rules them out.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Seems the DJ-ing is done and no sighting of the Free Association stuff either. He plays with a band called Unloved who did the Killing Eve soundtrack but the other two are LA based so that rules them out.

Well he was due to play at an Andrew Weatherall Tribute night/exhibition that has been much delayed since Andy's passing. He usually turns up at ALFOS nights as a punter! Last time I saw him DJing was warming up for F*ck Buttons back in 2014 at CQAF, where he played a load of tunes from various film soundtracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Oooohhhh vaccine cert needed for EP, antivaxxers incoming in 3,2....

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Oooohhhh vaccine cert needed for EP, antivaxxers incoming in 3,2....

Few, if any, here though we should get good value on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

I'll happily take a third/booster shot going in the gate!
    Flask of hot whisky will sort any lingering after effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Will the Cinema Tent be back this year.

Will the Cinema Tent be back this year.

Why BD, you miss Hot Tub Time Machine 2 on its initial release? I think it's not been there for 12/13 years and can't see it returning in Covid times. All anybody did was take naps on the huge beanbags in there. Much missed.

And randomly in terms of movies the recent Band doc Once Were Brothers is an excellent watch. Something to do before we start slagging off the lineup.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Why BD, you miss Hot Tub Time Machine 2 on its initial release? I think it's not been there for 12/13 years and can't see it returning in Covid times. All anybody did was take naps on the huge beanbags in there. Much missed.

And randomly in terms of movies the recent Band doc Once Were Brothers is an excellent watch. Something to do before we start slagging off the lineup.

Was just random Seath, didn't really know what to say, yup and I'm aware it was a long time ago the aul cinema tent, I actually had a kip in there a few times, maybe a power nap in Saturday or Sunday afternoon hahaha.

Welcome back boards, got my j&j shot yesterday, feeling a bit tired but otherwise fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This is weird and scary.

• Advertisement

I was at that. It was my 2nd fetival experience after Lisdoon 81, which had a better lineup including John Martyn, Roy Harpur, Moving Hearts (at their best), Paul Brady, Planxty, The Beat, Scullion and Doctor Feelgood. What a w/e for my first festival experience.

My main memory from 82 was John Otway and Wild Willie Barret.. fvcking hilarious. One of our party left our tent on the platform at Rosslare train station. The first night, we slept in the communal tent the Hari Krishna's provided with about 60 people sleeping on the ground there. On the Sunday, two of us hitch hiked back into Limerick to get our tent which had been sent up on the next train. Getting home on the Monday, i was packed in with about 20 others some truck that the Haris said any of us that could get in were welcome to a lift. Mad w/e, but not a patch on 81.

Wow, great memories I'm sure Pablo. Hard to believe the Hari Krishna's had such a presence there. Plenty of locals still talk about them.

They were great. They would feed people for free also. Fecking sound. Our mate's neighbour was joined up with them and we kept calling him by his christian name just cos we were teenage assholes.

Oh this is weird.

I'd like that if I could, Pablo. I can't. Great Lisdoonvarna stories. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I got my first Pfizer jab last week so I'll be fully ready for EP now ha

check out the barbed wire barrier at Lisdoon. Fecking hell, H&S wasn't really a thing.

Edit: we were all so cool in the early 80s. Oh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Great story, reminds me how simple, frugal and non fussy things were!

"A mate of a mates, cousins, next door neighbour has a two man tent, don't know what condition it's in or if they'll even lend it to us, but we'll go for it anyway and fit 6 people in, + make a 'lock' of sandwiches, all 6 of us will hitch 200miles there and back" no whingeing fcuking plough on!

Could you imagine hitching to the EP, I don't think I could handle the anxiety! Definitely a thing of the past!

• Advertisement

No the red tape was non existent in those days, no need for applying for a license either. You just basically put on whatever you wanted. There was still a huge amount of organisation involved at the same time though. Traffic plans, liasing with guards, and disgruntled locals, deciding it was a good idea to get the hells angels to do security the last year. Ya know it was the early 80s!

Advertisement