Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Of course it's good to see live music happening again but hard to see the relevance of yesterday's set up. It feels like we're a couple of months behind on all of this, events just overtaking us. By the looks of it, we'll have QR codes for the vaccinated and antigen testing for the rest for hospitality by July 19th. That will surely extend to entertainment shortly after. In my humble opinion, it's all good for the end of September in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

endainoz wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong it's great to see people in the industry to get work again, it's just all very slow and cautious. I'm glad they're actually doing the antigen testing, was a surprise they didn't use it last time

Yeah I was agreeing with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

On a positive note...

I got a new phone and happily downloaded Pablo's app.

Looking forward to searching for a real festival. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    If antigen testing was used it kinda defeats the purpose of separating the crowd into little pens no? Seems to be a lot of Twitter backlash over it, but in fairness that could be just general Twitter whinging. It's quite fashionable to give out about anything a government does these days. My god they would be slaughtered if there was an election tomorrow!

Probably not as many of those whining are bots or kids who don't vote. In terms of Covid I reckon the current government have done just about enough to hang on. Fast forward 3/4 years though and youth demographic will see SF as the senior coalition partner.

Am i off topic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Will there be a lineup poster at some point, the one thing missing from our thread is the festival's own lineup. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Will there be a lineup poster at some point, the one thing missing from our thread is the festival's own lineup. :)

Imagine that. Talking about music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What's a lineup again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Eod100 wrote: »
    What's a lineup again? :)

What’s a festival ?

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Imagine that. Talking about music.

Let's get back to that. As we predicted yonks ago it's going to be very heavily Irish. Any new local acts to look out for that may or may not be on the radar nationally?
    From here there's NewDad making waves (sold out Irish & UK tour, Steve Lamacq session), Maria Somerville playing again, new albums from Declan O'Rourke & Adrian Crowley and my fave Galwegian post-punk crew Slyrydes with an album due.

I'd be delighted to spend the entire weekend checking out upcoming Irish bands. And, oh yeah, a few Smiths tunes too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Let's get back to that. As we predicted yonks ago it's going to be very heavily Irish. Any new local acts to look out for that may or may not be on the radar nationally?
    From here there's NewDad making waves (sold out Irish & UK tour, Steve Lamacq session), Maria Somerville playing again, new albums from Declan O'Rourke & Adrian Crowley and my fave Galwegian post-punk crew Slyrydes with an album due.

I'd be delighted to spend the entire weekend checking out upcoming Irish bands. And, oh yeah, a few Smiths tunes too.

if it was similar the the line up at the weekend, it would be getting a hard pass from me

if it was similar the the line up at the weekend, it would be getting a hard pass from me

This, of course, is our usual position at this time of the year, giving the likes of Gavin an online kicking. This year's dramatically different. Let's have a few suggestions of Irish stuff we WOULD like to see. It's live and let live for me this year, baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

https://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2019/

Looking at the line-up for 2019, and there was around 300 musical acts over the weekend, spread across the various stages. Probably more as some of the smaller stages aren't listed.

Do we have that many acts here to sustain an all Irish fest?
    It may be Irish centric, but it'll need to be padded out with a lot of international acts.

Just grabbed programs from 2018 & 2019 from the bookcase...

Many of the acts on smaller stages like The Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Jerry Fish's place are Irish. They should be largely unaffected by acts not travelling.

I'll have to dig deeper to see who is still together, but that would be a great start.

Also, The Mindfield would be pretty much the same.

What is the general feeling about UK acts and will they travel?

Also, I wonder about some of the Tea and food tents. A lot of them are UK based and are continually on the festival circuit. Would a date change have messed a few of them up.

Flicking through the programs is good for the soul.

This, of course, is our usual position at this time of the year, giving the likes of Gavin an online kicking. This year's dramatically different. Let's have a few suggestions of Irish stuff we WOULD like to see. It's live and let live for me this year, baby.

So I'm no longer an indie traitor for looking forward to Bicep?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Irish acts I'd be delighted to see on the line-up (and I'm sure there's plenty more I'm not thinking of)

Krystal Klear
    Bicep
    Calibre
    Elll
    Divine Comedy
    Damien Dempsey
    jyellowl
    kojaque
    kneecap
    mano le tough
    the drifter
    frank and walters
    mango and mathman
    kormac

https://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2019/

Looking at the line-up for 2019, and there was around 300 musical acts over the weekend, spread across the various stages. Probably more as some of the smaller stages aren't listed.

Do we have that many acts here to sustain an all Irish fest?
    It may be Irish centric, but it'll need to be padded out with a lot of international acts.

Easily enough, across several genres and levels of appeal. Potential headliners or sub-headliners for example - U2, Sinead O'Connor, Picture This, Dermot Kennedy, Snow Patrol, Bicep, My Bloody Valentine, Hozier, Van Morrison, Fontaines DC, Waterboys (almost), Roisin Murphy, Damien Rice, The Script, Niall Horan, Gavin James, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I don't know about ye, but I'm positively giddy at the thoughts of having a row about the playlist :D

My wish list:

My Bloody Valentine
    NewDad
    The Undertones
    Bicep
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Christy Moore
    Freddie White
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    David Holmes
    Girl Band
    Slyrydes
    The Waterboys
    Maria Somerville
    Sinéad O'Connor
    Therapy?
    Ash
    Powpig
    U2
    Gavin Friday
    Pillow Queens
    Bitch Falcon
    Denise Chaila
    Rejjie Snow
    JyellowL
    Maija Sofia
    Brigid Mae Power
    Seamus Fogarty
    Paul Brady
    A House
    Villagers
    Engine Alley
    Sultans of Ping
    Microdisney
    That Petrol Emotion/The Everlasting Yeah
    Clannad

And so so many more.....

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    With the fairly pointless test concert over the weekend, I'm struggling to see how it can go from that to....large scale festival setting for EP2021.

Is the idea just to PCR + Antigen test everyone, and maybe have a vaccination requirement? Surely social distancing with cattle pens is out the window?

The idea is to have everyone vaccinated by then

With the fairly pointless test concert over the weekend, I'm struggling to see how it can go from that to....large scale festival setting for EP2021.

Is the idea just to PCR + Antigen test everyone, and maybe have a vaccination requirement? Surely social distancing with cattle pens is out the window?

4.2m vaccines done. At the current rate of 350k pw that'll be 3.9m more by EP weekend, and that's not counting the pharmacy rollout. There'll also be some immunity for those who've had it (a great number of teenagers and twenty-somethings I expect) so I think we'll be relatively protected soon. As a non-scientist I can't speak as to how variants would upset this though I'm hoping the speed of the rollout puts us ahead of Delta and any others.

No pens or distancing, vaccinated will have a QR code, anyone else (and bear in mind, everyone old enough to attend should have had the chance to be fully vaccinated by that stage) to be antigen tested in the 24 hours before entry. Totally doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭LowOdour

My wish list:

My Bloody Valentine
    NewDad
    The Undertones
    Bicep
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Christy Moore
    Freddie White
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    David Holmes
    Girl Band
    Slyrydes
    The Waterboys
    Maria Somerville
    Sinéad O'Connor
    Therapy?
    Ash
    Powpig
    U2
    Gavin Friday
    Pillow Queens
    Bitch Falcon
    Denise Chaila
    Rejjie Snow
    JyellowL
    Maija Sofia
    Brigid Mae Power
    Seamus Fogarty
    Paul Brady
    A House
    Villagers
    Engine Alley
    Sultans of Ping
    Microdisney
    That Petrol Emotion/The Everlasting Yeah
    Clannad

And so so many more.....

Lankum
    The Scratch
    Mary wallopers
    The Clockworks
    Girl Band
    The Pale

Some Reunions:
    Rusangano Family
    Republic of Loose

From festivals in the UK, id like/ expect some of the following :
    Supergrass
    The Coral
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

4.2m vaccines done. At the current rate of 350k pw that'll be 3.9m more by EP weekend, and that's not counting the pharmacy rollout. There'll also be some immunity for those who've had it (a great number of teenagers and twenty-somethings I expect) so I think we'll be relatively protected soon. As a non-scientist I can't speak as to how variants would upset this though I'm hoping the speed of the rollout puts us ahead of Delta and any others.

That seems to be the line taken by the latest covid radio ad I heard today. It went something like: "with vaccines were in a race against the delta variant".

Get as many jabs in as possible as quickly as possible to get ahead of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Please don’t mention Kodaline

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭argentum

When the gig in kilmainham was first mentioned Kodaline were topping the bill.
    This changed to Gavin James when it was announced
    I'd imagine Kodaline are being kept back for EP

argentum wrote: »
    When the gig in kilmainham was first mentioned Kodaline were topping the bill.
    This changed to Gavin James when it was announced
    I'd imagine Kodaline are being kept back for EP

A distinct possibility. Let them vacuum up the youngsters on the main stage while Murder Capital tear it up in the Electric Arena. Ha! The very thought brought on a frisson of excitement. Give us a lineup, ye feckers!!!

A distinct possibility. Let them vacuum up the youngsters on the main stage while Murder Capital tear it up in the Electric Arena. Ha! The very thought brought on a frisson of excitement. Give us a lineup, ye feckers!!!

"Yeah - give us a line up, ya sh1t"!*

*alan partridge reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sex pest yeti in the uk really could **** this for all of us.

Advertisement