Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacex first human launch 27th May

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Your Man driving saluted me but I don't think i knew him. Could of swore i seen his face before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Looks like only a few people actually saw it, not counting the people who confused it with the ISS (Of which there seems to be many here and twitter)

At 10° above the horizon I think my view was obstructed by low cloud, was hard to tell with the light that was left.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Passed just below it. And south.

Zoom in to my picture

Is that little dot it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭decies

Saw nothing near Clonmel 😬

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Zoom in to my picture

Is that little dot it ?
    What time was the photo taken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

In Durham UK,

Got a great bright view of the ISS, then a few minutes later a fainter slower moving shuttle. Nothing wrong with my eyesight (Covid reference).

How many minutes after was it?

What time was the photo taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not it. It passed at between 22.14-22.16.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Saw nothing in Cork. We have trees so probably too low for our view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

embraer170 wrote: »
    How many minutes after was it?

It was about 2 or 3 maximum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Did it pass around 10.12-14? Or was that ISS?

Didn't see it myself, but going by the trackers it would have been long gone from Irish skies by then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

catrat12 wrote: »
    Seen it at exactly 10.12 Dublin mountains delighted and the daughter spotted it delighted I had her out
    Thought I could hear something as well

Whatever you heard it wasn`t anything to do with the Spacex.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Not it. It passed at between 22.14-22.16.

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

moll3 wrote: »
    all i got was eaten by the midgets :mad:

Midgets, or midges. If you spotted leprechauns then that's more exciting than a dot in the sky. Lucky you.

I heard a noise too around the time people said they spotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I saw it in Wicklow. 10.13 to 10.15 ish. About 1/3 way between the moon and the horizon. Very impressive, the only light in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

catrat12 wrote: »
    Seen it at exactly 10.12 Dublin mountains delighted and the daughter spotted it delighted I had her out
    Thought I could hear something as well

That was possibly the ISS at that time and whatever you heard definitely wasn't an orbital spacecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

I get emails letting me know when the ISS is passing over Cork. It passed last week, usually won't pass again for another few weeks.

Was the ISS supposed to pass over Ireland again tonight, I received no notification that it was. And as I said as it passed a week ago, there is always a gap of a few weeks before it'll pass again.

As a rule of thumb, if you saw something before 22:14, it wasn't the Crew Dragon 2 unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I get emails letting me know when the ISS is passing over Cork. It passed last week, usually won't pass again for another few weeks.

Was the ISS supposed to pass over Ireland again tonight, I received no notification that it was. And as I said as it passed a week ago, there is always a gap of a few weeks before it'll pass again.

I live in Cork too (surprise surprise) and saw it pass over last Wed night

I live in Cork too (surprise surprise) and saw it pass over last Wed night

Yeah I saw it too on Wednesday night. That was the last night it passed over. No new notifications since then.

Yeah I saw it too on Wednesday night. That was the last night it passed over. No new notifications since then.
    Do you have a link to sign up for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 racer1bk

40% that not bad, He should be abled. Policies ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Definitely saw the ISS. No draco though. Think im starting to need glasses. Remember being able to see it before, much smaller than the ISS.

Was it following directly in its wake, or the same path but at a different height?

On a plus i did get to see my resident bat having a field day with all the insects.

Do you have a link to sign up for this?

Google NASA spot the station, you put in your location and email address and you will be notified of all passing in your location including time, how long visable for and exact coordinates of the pass.
    Half of them pass over in the middle of the night so I don't get to see them all. I never tire of seeing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Its been passing over ireland all week and all next week too but in daylight/dusk hours.the notification will only alert you when it is dark and visible.it wont notify you if its passing when still bright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So what. The private sector were critical to the success of it. NASA have been farting around with the Ares/Space Launch System for the best part of a decade and still at least a year and a half from an unmanned launch. Spacex have achieved substantially more including launching Humans today in the same time. Private sector is the future and all the better for it. And they can do it much much cheaper.

And they're still arguably catching up with soyus rockets designed 40 years ago!
    I turned off CNN earlier when they were laughing, 'more comfortable then the old Soyus', lovely blue lights and screens, great to see Americans launch from Merica, yada yada.

• Advertisement

upupup wrote: »
    Its been passing over ireland all week and all next week too but in daylight/dusk hours.the notification will only alert you when it is dark and visible.it wont notify you if its passing when still bright

I got notifications of it passing last week at 10.04pm, 10.10pm etc.
    No notifications since Wednesday, that's why I'm not convinced it passed tonight

Advertisement