Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacex first human launch 27th May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

With noting to give you perspective, looks like they're doing about 2mph :pac:
    Far from the truth.....

They look like they are barley moving but I think both are orbiting the earth once every 90 minutes which is some clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The live feed is just out of this world now :eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

And that's it. Confirmed soft capture.

Confirmed hard capture the twelve hooks have fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Anybody know where the toilet is on the Dragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Mach Two wrote: »

In the Space Suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pretty amazing what Space X have achieved over the last decade, delivering a cheaper, re-usable, Cargo and Passenger transport for the ISS as well as satellite launches. Competing successfully against Boeing and Lockheed who are US staples of Space flight. This launch has so far been flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Towards the back, 2nd door on the left I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

About half hour until they open the hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Hatch is open. And the crew are on ISS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks incredibly cramped

That's just the docking area

Looks incredibly cramped

Dragon ? I’d have to double check but I don’ there’s much difference between it and the Apollo CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe it's the camera and a wide angle lens but it felt like they could press the screen with their noses if they chose to.

Hatch is open. And the crew are on ISS

Well nearly. This is taken longer than normal but it’s fair to remember this is a new spacecraft and this hatch hasn’t been used in a while and they want to get it right.

Maybe it's the camera and a wide angle lens but it felt like they could press the screen with their noses if they chose to.

Take a look at the Soyuz modules. No cat swinging in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Anybody! I "Really" need to know where the toilet is.

Jesus Ted Cruz is using this a political moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

lXGqne8.png

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Anybody! I "Really" need to know where the toilet is.

It's up at the top of the capsule ( as it sits on the rocket) behind a screen. Caravan style!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Risking being very wrong here as I don't know much about this stuff at all but in a museum I was in in the states (possibly the aircraft carrier in new york) there was a model of the soyuz and its tiny. I might well be pulled up on this as badly mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

salmocab wrote: »
    Risking being very wrong here as I don't know much about this stuff at all but in a museum I was in in the states (possibly the aircraft carrier in new york) there was a model of the soyuz and its tiny. I might well be pulled up on this as badly mistaken.

The decent module is tiny alright around 3 cubic metres of volume. But the Soyuz actually had a second habitable space called the orbital module which has roughly 5 cubic metres of living space. Not huge by any means. By comparison the Dragon has around 9 cubic metres of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The decent module is tiny alright around 3 cubic metres of volume. But the Soyuz actually had a second habitable space called the orbital module which has roughly 5 cubic metres of living space. Not huge by any means. By comparison the Dragon has around 9 cubic metres of space.

Do you know I was actually thinking it was just the descent bit alright, bloody tiny for 3 people if I remember right but as I said dont know much about this stuff anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

38982732422_cc95f7a03e_o-512x341.jpg

But there is a second room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

lXGqne8.png

the russians look a little camera shy :D

salmocab wrote:
    Do you know I was actually thinking it was just the descent bit alright, bloody tiny for 3 people if I remember right but as I said dont know much about this stuff anyway.

Ya. It's on the intrepid in New York in beside the space shuttle. Pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 racer1bk

HI guys congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

No thank you, check out the reviews.

• Advertisement

There were many links to watch this posted here but I found this Channel to be the best.

Someone posted it here but it could have been deleted because of copyright issue that was sorted after some hours.

Advertisement