Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

ForeRight wrote: »
    My mates dad has his clubs cleaned and the bag, shoes and trolley all standing at his front door today.
    Gonna be a long few weeks for him.

Mine was done in November and then end of Feb 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

RGS wrote: »
    Like that slogan.

Think most here are agreed outdoor activities are the best way forward but our leaders dont have the smarts to real promote the benefits.

Absolutely, however one thing this has shown up is our total lack of facilities & amenities in villages, towns & cities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very high number of cases in France and they've gone back into a strict lockdown yet Simon Coveney doesn't want to add them to the travel quarantine list, so the infected French can fly into Dublin and go where they want yet I'm restricted to 5km from my house? Christ when's the election.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 26th gets scrapped and we're not back until May.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭blue note

Very high number of cases in France and they've gone back into a strict lockdown yet Simon Coveney doesn't want to add them to the travel quarantine list, so the infected French can fly into Dublin and go where they want yet I'm restricted to 5km from my house? Christ when's the election.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 26th gets scrapped and we're not back until May.

That's the fear for us if we open up too early, that we'll have to go back into strict lockdown too. I doubt France will be the only ones. We should learn from countries like France and take our time opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

blue note wrote: »
    That's the fear for us if we open up too early, that we'll have to go back into strict lockdown too. I doubt France will be the only ones. We should learn from countries like France and take our time opening up.

Exactly, why we're allowing them into the country without quarantining is beyond stupid.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Exactly, why we're allowing them into the country without quarantining is beyond stupid.
    We are generating 500-700 cases a day all by our lonesome. Not sure that quarantining a handful of French people who are being prevented from travelling except under very restrictive conditions by their own government is going to make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

My understanding is because of the law of restricted travel within Europe n treaties we’ve signed up to. That’s why no European country is on it and this was the legal advice given to the govt from the AG.

Level 3 means everyone does their own amateur risk assessment and decides that they only need to comply to level 1.

We’ve already had the reality check after Christmas how quickly this can spread. It’s futile trying to predict numbers.

I’m not really sure what level 3 you had but allowing people to do things outside and keep indoor things closed is what I believe is safe and no visitors to homes inside.

What we had at Xmas was a mistake and everyone knew it at the time.

I really don’t understand the ban on click and collect for business if they do it outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Of course I am not happy that we are not opening for golf earlier than the 26th as I agree that it is a safe activity.
    However, I think that a cautious approach is best to avoid a similar debacle that we had in December.
    This means that I am hopeful that once we open the 26th that golf will remain open and will not get closed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

blue note wrote: »

I agree. Learn from the French by having our golf courses open which they are in France even with these new lockdown measures because golf is a safe outdoor socially distanced sport. A sensible decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

I don’t want to rub it in........

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

I dont want to rub it in........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I dont want to rub it in........

Blocked and reported.

Looks great, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

These are the states added to the quarantine list.
    states.gif

Serial offender superspreading states such as Aruba, Bonnaire St Eustatis, Saba, the (complete!) territory of wallis and funtuna islands, plus the addition of Israel (most successfully vaccinated country in the entire world!) will no longer be spreading their covid germs among us!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

RoadRunner wrote: »
    These are the states added to the quarantine list.
    states.gif

Serial offender superspreading states such as Aruba, Bonnaire St Eustatis, Saba, the (complete!) territory of wallis and funtuna islands, plus the addition of Israel (most successfully vaccinated country in the entire world!) will no longer be spreading their covid germs among us!

How is this relevant to Golf lockdown exactly?

Head on over to the nutter Covid Conspiracy thread for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Salvadoor wrote: »

I'm assuming the point is we're looking at the wrong areas to control. We've golf locked down, but are continuing to allow people to travel to ireland, and not quarantine, if they're coming from a large EU country looking at 4th waves and lockdowns.

But we're now enforcing quarantine on visitors from Aruba, etc...

Presumably the point is, we probably receive less visitors from all of those countries combined in a single year than we do from France alone.

So if we want to focus on controlling covid in our country, in order to allow the likes of Golf, etc... to reopen, then adding the likes of the above controls could be seen as a bit of a hollow gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

When did this happen?

When did this happen?

read the thread title....

They're all potential Golf holiday destinations ;) Can't wait for my next trip to some of them.

We've been all locked down for almost the whole of last year, among other things prevented from playing golf. You can go to Conspiracy threads yourself if you like. Sadly what I posted is not Nutter or Conspiracy theory.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/eu-states-and-us-dropped-from-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-list-1.4526399

Unfortunately it's relevant because it reinforces the lack of logic and further indicates that the priority of the government is to continue to deal with this problem by perpetually keeping the state locked down and ignoring science and wisdom. Forcing golf courses to stay closed for the next month and bombastic statements like adding those 26 extra countries to a quarantine list are equally useless. It's taking useless actions that have no bearing on the situation in any meaning way. It's doing pretend stuff just so that they can be seen to be doing something.

The list of 26 "high risk" countries added to the mandatory hotel quarantine list have obviously been plucked out of the air, cherry picked because no one visits Ireland from any these counties already and they have literally no bearing on the disease in any shape.

Of two contents, one of them being the most heavily infected in the world, this is the list of those we quarantine:

states2.gif

(Snippet above taken from citizens Information Board the statutory body which supports the provision of information, advice and advocacy on public and social services in Ireland)

• Advertisement

2 households confirmed by Golf Ireland from 26...

No comp.

No guest.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    2 households confirmed by Golf Ireland from 26...

No comp.

No guest.

Link?

Exactly wrote: »
    Link?

Golf Ireland website and just issued to clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

I'm still not clear how this works for golf clubs that don't have members??

The likes of Balheary Par 3, Julianstown, etc.

I would play those a lot with friends who play casually.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    We've been all locked down for almost the whole of last year, among other things prevented from playing golf. You can go to Conspiracy threads yourself if you like. Sadly what I posted is not Nutter or Conspiracy theory.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/eu-states-and-us-dropped-from-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-list-1.4526399

Unfortunately it's relevant because it reinforces the lack of logic and further indicates that the priority of the government is to continue to deal with this problem by perpetually keeping the state locked down and ignoring science and wisdom. Forcing golf courses to stay closed for the next month and bombastic statements like adding those 26 extra countries to a quarantine list are equally useless. It's taking useless actions that have no bearing on the situation in any meaning way. It's doing pretend stuff just so that they can be seen to be doing something.

The list of 26 "high risk" countries added to the mandatory hotel quarantine list have obviously been plucked out of the air, cherry picked because no one visits Ireland from any these counties already and they have literally no bearing on the disease in any shape.

Of two contents, one of them being the most heavily infected in the world, this is the list of those we quarantine:

states2.gif

(Snippet above taken from citizens Information Board the statutory body which supports the provision of information, advice and advocacy on public and social services in Ireland)

Again, nothing to do with golf or golf lockdown/restrictions. Absolutely irrelevant to the golf forum

11521323 wrote: »
    I'm still not clear how this works for golf clubs that don't have members??

The likes of Balheary Par 3, Julianstown, etc.

I would play those a lot with friends who play casually.

What did they do after the last lockdown?

The will have to send guests out in 2 households

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Golf Ireland website and just issued to clubs.

Thanks for the info Ollie. Damn shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

When are guests expected to be allowed play in NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Golf really is being shafted. Id bet there is hardly anyone who shares a house that will play together so nearly every group will be two balls and literally just outside the course there will be huge groups congregated together.

• Advertisement

Again, nothing to do with golf or golf lockdown/restrictions. Absolutely irrelevant to the golf forum

Discussions here are ongoing as to how golf is completely irrelevant of the spread of the disease in the country. I've pointed out current things the government are also doing are things which are also completely irrelevant which I think actually is important to point out that they are doing things that they know will have zero affect just to claim that they doing something.

Bear in mind also that:
    here, and here and also here
    you yourself led discussion on this *same golf lockdown thread about the *same subject - international travel while discussing whether Michael Martin should or shouldn't be travelling to washington on st patricks day to meet with biden administration :confused:

Advertisement