Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Maybe we will see a pax flight from Dublin to PEK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Due to go to LAX on 1st Aug, highly doubt this will happen now or even early 2021

pm. wrote: »
    Due to go to LAX on 1st Aug, highly doubt this will happen now or even early 2021

Take a refund and not a voucher. In my opinion - no voucher and getting the run around from customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Maybe we will see a pax flight from Dublin to PEK.

Doubt it

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Doubt it

Indeed. For now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Not looking tremendously wonderful for restriction-free TATL travel, is it?

https://twitter.com/rahmstorf/status/1275155452108644352?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Atlantic flights are starting to show higher pax numbers already.

Interested to see who's filling those seats given the restrictions on travel are still in place?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

To be expected, however still a hammer blow to aviation in Ireland for the remainder of the year given the heavy TATL weighting of long haul out of DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

pm. wrote: »
    Dub -LA 20th August ....... don’t even want to travel to the states this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭IQO

IQO wrote: »
    Looks like Aer Lingus removed a bunch of flights last week for future bookings. I have an Amsterdam flight early July, no word on the cancellation yet but the flight (and time slot) is no longer bookable through the ticket search. Hope they give some clarity on the flight status soon, the one flight on that day that is still available (and probably operating) would be too early for me.
    They may be reading this thread, just received the cancellation and alternate flight for this booking. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Any ideas of the Malaga flights will operate end of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Any ideas of the Malaga flights will operate end of July?

The plan is to definitely have some Malaga flights at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Malaga daily flights resume July 1st, 10 flights a week initially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Any idea for the 22nd. Currently three flights for sale - any ideas if any of them will get cancelled?

Don't want to go but can't get a voucher and can only rebook until March which doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The least likely to be cancelled is the one which has sold the most seats...

So EI582 looks safe

EI588 is the odd one out, if it is cancelled and thats unlikely unless the COVID situation goes the wrong way. But you would be rebooked to the EI586 automatically

Ticket sales are strong with flights selling out earlier in July.

There is talk to putting on bigger aircraft if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

The least likely to be cancelled is the one which has sold the most seats...

So EI582 looks safe

EI588 is the odd one out, if it is cancelled and thats unlikely unless the COVID situation goes the wrong way. But you would be rebooked to the EI586 automatically

Ticket sales are strong with flights selling out earlier in July.

There is talk to putting on bigger aircraft if needed
    HSE PPE China flights winding up on Thursday so 330 availability will not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

cson wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

To be expected, however still a hammer blow to aviation in Ireland for the remainder of the year given the heavy TATL weighting of long haul out of DUB.

Won't affect entry to Ireland would be my guess, more a Schengen thing. But will affect connecting traffic

Won't affect entry to Ireland would be my guess, more a Schengen thing. But will affect connecting traffic

The article is pretty clear that the EU source says its all 27 members or no agreement.

Is there any chance of Aer Lingus extended the option for voucher past June 30? I don't expect the 20% extra, just want to swap my flight this summer for next summer but can't do that as they haven't been released yet.

I expect that once Aer Lingus being operations in the next few weeks on the majority of their routes, that unless the route is cancelled or the flight is not being flown then moving your flight for free won’t be allowed. The onus and burden will be passed back to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fsxlover2

Booked a flight to Malaga EI582 on July 28th, when I booked it, it showed that it was going to be operated by an A330. So we bought seats and everything but I checked today and it seems that they changed it to an A320. Kinda gutted. Perhaps AL will change it back to an A330 if demand is high?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Fsxlover2 wrote: »
    Booked a flight to Malaga EI582 on July 28th, when I booked it, it showed that it was going to be operated by an A330. So we bought seats and everything but I checked today and it seems that they changed it to an A320. Kinda gutted. Perhaps AL will change it back to an A330 if demand is high?

If demand picks up to such an extent, the A330 will be re-deployed on the service. Currently, they are optimising fleet use by placing lower capacity aircraft on routes.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Frequency increases on all routes currently operating planned from 20 July, should be bookable at some point this week.

11 further European routes returning in addition to 1st July schedule additions planned from 20 July, plus a returning TA route.

Should be pointed out TA routes are focused on cargo, with the state the US is in we won’t see tangible pax demand return for many months and that’s the unfortunate reality.

Airbridges are definitely a route being persued to return the operation, governments will not have appetites to allow re-infection from banana states and airlines will have to operate within this framework.

Now bookable,

Service increases/adjustments on following services from 20 JUL;

Belfast City-London Heathrow (Planned 12 weekly)
    Cork-London Heathrow (4 to 7 weekly effective 22/06*)
    Dublin-Amsterdam (7 to 10 weekly)
    Dublin-Boston (4 to 7 weekly)
    Dublin-Faro Algarve (7 to 12 weekly)
    Dublin-Lanzarote (7 to 8 weekly)
    Dublin-London Heathrow (28 to 35 weekly)
    Dublin-Malaga (10 to 19 weekly)
    Dublin-Manchester (3 to 7 weekly)
    Dublin-Paris CDG (7 to 14 weekly)

Below EU services resuming ops from 20JUL:

Cork-Amsterdam (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Barcelona (5 weekly)
    Dublin-Berlin Tegel (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Bourgas (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Brussels (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Izmir (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Lyon (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Nice (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Split (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Venice (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Verona (3 weekly)

TA resumption subject to change from 20JUL:

Dublin-San Francisco (Planned 3 weekly)

Now bookable,

Service increases/adjustments on following services from 20 JUL;

Belfast City-London Heathrow (Planned 12 weekly)
    Cork-London Heathrow (4 to 7 weekly effective 22/06*)
    Dublin-Amsterdam (7 to 10 weekly)
    Dublin-Boston (4 to 7 weekly)
    Dublin-Faro Algarve (7 to 12 weekly)
    Dublin-Lanzarote (7 to 8 weekly)
    Dublin-Malaga (10 to 19 weekly)
    Dublin-Manchester (3 to 7 weekly)
    Dublin-Paris CDG (7 to 14 weekly)

Below EU services resuming ops from 20JUL:

Cork-Amsterdam (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Barcelona (5 weekly)
    Dublin-Berlin Tegel (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Bourgas (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Brussels (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Izmir (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Lyon (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Nice (4 weekly)
    Dublin-Split (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Venice (3 weekly)
    Dublin-Verona (3 weekly)

TA resumption subject to change from 20JUL:

Dublin-San Francisco (Planned 3 weekly)

I thought Berlin Tegal was closed?

I thought Berlin Tegal was closed?

TXL is open until Nov 20.

TXL is open until Nov 20.

Thanks. I had seen he previous reports but seems it got a reprieve - http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-06-03/berlin-cold-war-era-tegel-airport-gets-reprieve-through-october

Could I just change the flights to one before the 30th June then get the voucher?

No, you booked your flight after the date the voucher offer expires. You can't then change to a date prior to the originally intended travel date and claim a voucher.

The Aer Lingus Website Says:

I want to change or cancel my flight

We know that there's a lot of uncertainty about travel right now and we understand your concerns. We're offering two options:

1. Change your flight without a fee

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 September 2020, you can change the date of your trip using the Manage Trip section. We've waived our change fees, but please note that a fare difference may apply. Changes must be made by 01 August 2020.

Please note if you booked through a third party booking agent you will need to contact them to make changes to your booking.

2. Apply for a voucher

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 June 2020, you can apply for a voucher, plus an extra 10%. Apply for this by filling in your details on the voucher request form. We'll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost at total of €200, we'll send you a €220 voucher. Terms and Conditions apply. See more details and FAQs on the voucher request page.

1 allows me to reschedule the flight. Nothing says it has to be in the future. I would then be scheduled to fly before 30 June. Therefore 2 would apply.

Try your theory and come back to the forum. I'm just passing on the information that is known regarding vouchers.

You won't find an alternative flight prior to 30 June.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Aer Lingus Website Says:

I want to change or cancel my flight

We know that there's a lot of uncertainty about travel right now and we understand your concerns. We're offering two options:

1. Change your flight without a fee

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 September 2020, you can change the date of your trip using the Manage Trip section. We've waived our change fees, but please note that a fare difference may apply. Changes must be made by 01 August 2020.

Please note if you booked through a third party booking agent you will need to contact them to make changes to your booking.

2. Apply for a voucher

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 June 2020, you can apply for a voucher, plus an extra 10%. Apply for this by filling in your details on the voucher request form. We'll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost at total of €200, we'll send you a €220 voucher. Terms and Conditions apply. See more details and FAQs on the voucher request page.

1 allows me to reschedule the flight. Nothing says it has to be in the future. I would then be scheduled to fly before 30 June. Therefore 2 would apply.

If you were able to do 1:, it would then be a new booking effectively, and not qualify for 2:.

Very different not getting able to find a flight -v- not being able to due to when I booked.

It's not, and my point is correct - The voucher is not applicable to you unless the following conditions are met;
    The voucher offer is available for guests with bookings made on aerlingus.com and due to travel on flights up to 30 June 2020 and on cancelled flights.

You do not meet the condition based on when you booked as I referred to, you then enquired as to switching to a date prior and claiming a voucher. You won't find a service prior to that date as they have already been cancelled.
    Where does it say it only applies to existing bookings? I know the EI website is famous for hiding terms and conditions

If you can't read them they are fairly hard to find alright.

• Advertisement

I can change it to a flight before 30 June - not to Malaga but to another destination.

And the flight will operate as it will not be cancelled so I'm struggling to understand how you feel you can then claim a voucher.

Advertisement