Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Phen2206

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Believe it finished with EI in late 2015? also had a stint prior to that too circa 2000s.

Wouldn't rule anything out for the future however as theres a very changed landscape of who's operating what in Europe at the moment.
    Indeed if Norwegian and SAS continue to struggle and rethink their routes, a gap could open up for EI and transfers to the US via DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Believe it finished with EI in late 2015? also had a stint prior to that too circa 2000s.

Wouldn't rule anything out for the future however as theres a very changed landscape of who's operating what in Europe at the moment.

Thanks for that. Have a voucher and looking to go somewhere different, preferably northern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

CPH was a strange route, the A319 mostly operated it and it was an evening operation which meant no connection options. Flew it several times and the loads were never great.

Be interesting to see if EI go back to CPH/ARN when the dust settles

For the football EI did run multiple flights to CPH for a two leg playoff and to DUB from CPH, was tempted to go wrong way for the laugh to fly empty but didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

There were also four airlines on the CPH route at one stage so yields were undoubtedly trash.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Four airlines, with one double daily for connection purposes. I paid basically shiny buttons to go over; which was handy as that was about all I had at the time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

EI-GEY leaving SNN shortly for DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

EI-GEY currently positioning from SNN to DUB. Is it going back into service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

50 on this mornings DUB-ACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

135 of 158 booked to ALC this morning, inbound us flights rammed full as feared close of routes deadline looms,
    EY straight to H6 ex storage checks

Strange times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

A319er wrote: »
    inbound us flights rammed full as feared close of routes deadline looms

I haven't seen any US service rammed in the system.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

I believe GEY is going for longer storage

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

I haven't seen any US service rammed in the system.

The 104 has been busy most days with up to 200 some days

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shamrockj wrote: »
    The 104 has been busy most days with up to 200 some days
    Busy relative to the other flights doesn't mean actually "busy". 120 passengers on an A330 at the end of June/start of July is a stark sign of the impact on aviation.

Two sectors with a >65% loadfactor in the last 10 days is still a trickle compared to this time last year with 17 inbound flights holding almost 5000 passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Is there much of an operationg difference between the 320 and 319?

Would there be a case to get their hands on a few 319 to operate thinner routes?

Is there much of an operationg difference between the 320 and 319?

Would there be a case to get their hands on a few 319 to operate thinner routes?

No and they were removed for precisely that reason, as is happening in easyJet (A319s are quickly being retired - They have resumed ops with A320s). Similarily the A330-200s have the same crewing levels as a 300 series (which offers a lot more capacity) hence why they will also disappear over time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

TrueDub wrote: »
    This may be a stupid/off-topic/repeat question - if so, please redirect me or delete, please.

I have a booking to travel to Boston on 15/07 with Aer Lingus, home on the 02/08. Booking is for 2 adults & 2 kids, total value around 2.5k

There is still a travel ban in place on people from the EU going to the US - even if the flight operates, is this a sufficient reason for a cancellation by Aer Lingus and thus a refund to me? I'd very reluctantly accept a voucher, but I'm concerned that the flight will operate, and even if we will be prevented from entering the US (actually stopped in Dublin Airport) we won't be entitled to change booking or receive refund/voucher.

In case anyone else finds this in a search and was wondering - I got a schedule change on this flight back on 19/06. I failed to read it properly - I thought it was a time difference but it was actually pushing our outbound flight out a day to 16/07.

I researched this and found it's grounds for a full refund. I then rang Aer Lingus and without quibble they initiated the refund. God knows how long that'll take, but it's in the system now.

Tenger wrote: »
    Busy relative to the other flights doesn't mean actually "busy". 120 passengers on an A330 at the end of June/start of July is a stark sign of the impact on aviation.

Two sectors with a >65% loadfactor in the last 10 days is still a trickle compared to this time last year with 17 inbound flights holding almost 5000 passengers.

It's still busy compared to the numbers a few weeks and months ago that were single numbers. Obviously the numbers are not going to be anything like last year...

Flights to Seoul ICN to begin next Monday looking like 1 daily at the moment EI9030 15.30 departure

Nice, thought Delta had won that gig but good to see EI get another destination on the list while helping us all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Flights to Seoul ICN to begin next Monday looking like 1 daily at the moment EI9030 15.30 departure

PPE Shipments?

• Advertisement

Yes

No and they were removed for precisely that reason, as is happening in easyJet (A319s are quickly being retired - They have resumed ops with A320s). Similarily the A330-200s have the same crewing levels as a 300 series (which offers a lot more capacity) hence why they will also disappear over time.

It was 1 cabin crew less on the A319 in EI config, thats a saving, not an insignificant one.

The opposite does hold though, EI held on to the A321's as they are very handy for the bucket and spade operation and for LHR where high loads are common.

A330-200 vs 300 is nothing on cost really as the new A330-300 have improved aerodynamics to reduce fuel burn, same declared MTOW

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every EI 319 flight I was on still had 4 CC, though

L1011 wrote: »
    Every EI 319 flight I was on still had 4 CC, though

EI legally needed only 3 and I can recall it being only 3 when I flew, safety demo was done with the recorded audio as the senior did L1, then 1 CC at overwing and 1 in L2

Easyjet A319 had an extra overwing exit and had over 150 seats so needed 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

If this were normal times and that was a passenger service... I'd use it.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

The A319 did operate with 3 CC (EI's config was Y144), it was limited by MTOW and was useless in the EI operation besides BHD but that airport's relevance continued to dwindle - The 4 were quickly shipped off to Vueling when the opportunity arose.

Regards one crew member less it definitely was a reduction in crewing costs but being honest had little relevance with the a-typical fare structure on the routes it operated, EI quickly realised by having additional capacity and the aircraft's physical limits it had no basis in the fleet anymore.

Nice, thought Delta had won that gig but good to see EI get another destination on the list while helping us all out.

An article in Flying in Ireland did indicate this (had been posted here or in Covid impact thread) but the article was edited a couple of days later. The edited article didn’t mention Delta or Incheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,454 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

With Aer Lingus temporarily serving these cargo routes is it a forlorn hope that they may get new ideas out of this for future passenger services?

Or is that pie in the sky and the main drive will always by trans Atlantic?

Personally I hope the former.

Sorry to say I think the answer is "pie in the sky"

Incidentally, I can't see the article about the Korean cargo contract. Does anyone have a link to the article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

With Aer Lingus temporarily serving these cargo routes is it a forlorn hope that they may get new ideas out of this for future passenger services?

not being smart but because loads of PPE needs to go from Asia to Ireland is not really going to make AerLingus think passengers will be chomping at the bit to go there. It’s not as if they never heard of Seoul or Beijing before, they just make more money going west.

Advertisement