Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Hi Jack, just wondering where that info came from.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus intends to return the following services as of 01JUL; with sun services booking very well - The Irish Government are expected to drop the quarentine policy and recommendation against travel for Irish Citizens toward the end of the month, but have yet to publicly announce it.

ALICANTE

EI574 DUB0750-1140ALC 320 34567
    EI575 ALC1240-1430DUB 320 34567

FARO

EI494 DUB0900-1205FAO 320 1234567
    EI495 FAO1245-1550DUB 320 1234567

LANZAROTE

EI778 DUB1300-1715ACE 321* 1234567
    EI779 ACE1820-2220DUB 321* 1234567

MALAGA

EI586 DUB0900-1305AGP 321* 1234567
    EI587 AGP1345-1550DUB 321* 1234567

EI584 DUB1000-1405AGP 320 246
    EI585 AGP1445-1650DUB 320 246

PALMA MAJORCA

EI738 DUB1530-1915PMI 320 4567
    EI739 PMI2025-2210DUB 320 4567

PARIS (CDG)

EI520 DUB0700-0950CDG 320 1234567
    EI521 CDG1030-1115DUB 320 1234567

ROME FIUMICINO

EI402 DUB1230-1635FCO 320 1234567
    EI403 FCO1725-1950DUB 320 1234567

*Substituted for some days with A320 operating.

Why would anyone go ANYWHERE these days and face 14 days quarantine arriving back home? You mention OP about the possible lifting of the 2 week isolation, but how can anyone make a booking without this being definitively lifted?

Also whats the craic landing in Spain? Isn't there also isolation there too...though being isolated somewhere like Alicante is a good thing LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Hi Jack, just wondering where that info came from.

Thanks

I presume you are referring to quarantine measures, it is expected but not confirmed, that it will be partially removed from 29/06. Irish Times also referred to this in the last couple of days as it was supplied with a cabinet memo. If it's the flights you are referring to they are available for booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Why would anyone go ANYWHERE these days and face 14 days quarantine arriving back home? You mention OP about the possible lifting of the 2 week isolation, but how can anyone make a booking without this being definitively lifted?

Also whats the craic landing in Spain? Isn't there also isolation there too...though being isolated somewhere like Alicante is a good thing LOL

I get your point but I know people who would be happy to quarantine for 14 days when back just to get away. They are going to places with no quarantine requirements like Spain from 1 July I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

I presume you are referring to quarantine measures, it is expected but not confirmed, that it will be partially removed from 29/06. Irish Times also referred to this in the last couple of days as it was supplied with a cabinet memo. If it's the flights you are referring to they are available for booking.

Ah okay, I wasn’t doubting you, just curious as we haven’t received anything in the company, then again they don’t tell us much so maybe it is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I get your point but I know people who would be happy to quarantine for 14 days when back just to get away. They are going to places with no quarantine requirements like Spain from 1 July I think.

So how would that work..?
    Four weeks annual leave for two weeks holiday in Spain and two weeks of quarantine at home before returning to work..?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Four weeks annual leave for two weeks holiday in Spain and two weeks of quarantine at home before returning to work..?

As far as I know the form is all that is mandatory the 14 day quarantine is recommended and non necessary travel is not recommended so not exactly compulsory. Hopefully it will ease anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Should have clarified, these people are working from home on full pay so their employment isn’t impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The current 14 day quarantine is only enforced till June 19 unless extended by ministerial order.

Everyone is betting on things going well

The fact EI is sending a A321 means there is a lot of demand, and I wouldn't be surprised if the schedule is increased based on demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I'm hoping to get away this summer and will probably quarantine when I get home regardless of government recommendations and I know of a at least 5 others who are planning the same. We're all lucky that we can work from home so it's not a big deal at all

• Advertisement

I'm hoping to get away this summer and will probably quarantine when I get home regardless of government recommendations and I know of a at least 5 others who are planning the same. We're all lucky that we can work from home so it's not a big deal at all
    Yes but it's not just working from home, it's self isolation. Not everyone would be able to properly self isolate at home and not everyone will want to give up the relative freedom they give up when self isolating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Yes but it's not just working from home, it's self isolation. Not everyone would be able to properly self isolate at home and not everyone will want to give up the relative freedom they give up when self isolating.

Most simply won't self isolate. If it's not required going when entering Spain, then they won't do it when they get home. It probably won't be required by then anyway.

Most simply won't self isolate. If it's not required going when entering Spain, then they won't do it when they get home. It probably won't be required by then anyway.

That's the problem, whatever about people deciding they're not going to follow the rules on self isolation while they're working from home they'll never get away with returning to a workplace after a two week sun holiday in Spain or Italy as long as the rules remain in place, the other workers wouldn't put up with it and there's no way an employer could allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Fair I was replying to billynomates though. I know a lot of people who could easily self isolate when coming back and are planning too. The vast majority of my friends and families are work from home now and have no plans on going back to the office. They would need to self isolate as a household but again they are willing to. So there will certainly be some demand from flights even with the quarantine (though it's unlikely it will be an issue)

You all have forgotten about the customers that have homes in Spain and Portugal. Those that will go to Spain and Portugal for months not a fortnight. Those that will leave their working partners in Ireland and take the kids for two weeks and isolate when home.

Anyway you are all taking about the rules that are in place NOW. 14 days isn’t staying forever and EI and FR need to have flights ready in advance. They can’t just spool up overnight and sell tickets last minute and pray people will fly. EI and FR have the money to run flights empty for months if needs be(that won’t happen though).

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

Currently there are people, kids, teenagers all over every housing estate in the country, not socially distancing - certainly not the kids and teens; streets and stores are full of people not wearing masks, and keeping sort-of far away from each other. I really think that we may as well just get back to normal asap.... if we chose to go out we know what to do and what/who to avoid, spread out as much as possible in the places we go or avoid them if it's full of idiots (easier to do if everything is open, limit entrance numbers to enenclosed spaces, and allow travel within and between R=0.5ish countries. From here on in... It's self-protection - we all have the knowledge we need. Stay home if concerned, don't if you're not. When inside an aircraft, or store, or pub... Follow the rules... You decided to be there... It's on you. All groups who are at higher risk should stay home as much as possible. We have to live with the disease for 12+ months if not for ever... As a scientist I'd prefer to have people get back to normal now, as opposed to the autumn cold/flu season when we won't know what disease the coughing person has - we need to get over the 'opening' excitement quickly and learn how to 'be' in this new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

sherology wrote: »
    Currently there are people, kids, teenagers all over every housing estate in the country, not socially distancing - certainly not the kids and teens; streets and stores are full of people not wearing masks, and keeping sort-of far away from each other. I really think that we may as well just get back to normal asap.... if we chose to go out we know what to do and what/who to avoid, spread out as much as possible in the places we go or avoid them if it's full of idiots (easier to do if everything is open, limit entrance numbers to enenclosed spaces, and allow travel within and between R=0.5ish countries. From here on in... It's self-protection - we all have the knowledge we need. Stay home if concerned, don't if you're not. When inside an aircraft, or store, or pub... Follow the rules... You decided to be there... It's on you. All groups who are at higher risk should stay home as much as possible. We have to live with the disease for 12+ months if not for ever... As a scientist I'd prefer to have people get back to normal now, as opposed to the autumn cold/flu season when we won't know what disease the coughing person has - we need to get over the 'opening' excitement quickly and learn how to 'be' in this new normal.

I’ve been thinking similar myself, better to get things moving now and suffer any unforeseen consequences before flu season, which alone often cripples the HSE.

I think your sense as above, needs to be broadcast by tanoy each evening. I couldn't agree more with your analysis. The handling of the whole mask issue hasn't been handled well, its either YAY or NAY for the public not maybe here, maybe there or maybe not there, possibly here and yes there too. The underlining message gets clouded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What a ridiculously selfish post. When you catch Covid, it's not just "on you". While the illness is mild for most, 20% of people are hospitalised - exposing those that are meant to care for you to the disease.

Yes, many people are making a mockery of the restrictions, but international travel is particularly risky - not least because it threatens to reintroduce the disease into our community.

If it was truly "on you", you wouldn't receive healthcare if you caught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Aer Lingus intends to return the following services as of 01JUL; with sun services booking very well - The Irish Government are expected to drop the quarentine policy and recommendation against travel for Irish Citizens toward the end of the month, but have yet to publicly announce it.

ALICANTE

EI574 DUB0750-1140ALC 320 34567
    EI575 ALC1240-1430DUB 320 34567

FARO

EI494 DUB0900-1205FAO 320 1234567
    EI495 FAO1245-1550DUB 320 1234567

LANZAROTE

EI778 DUB1300-1715ACE 321* 1234567
    EI779 ACE1820-2220DUB 321* 1234567

MALAGA

EI586 DUB0900-1305AGP 321* 1234567
    EI587 AGP1345-1550DUB 321* 1234567

EI584 DUB1000-1405AGP 320 246
    EI585 AGP1445-1650DUB 320 246

PALMA MAJORCA

EI738 DUB1530-1915PMI 320 4567
    EI739 PMI2025-2210DUB 320 4567

PARIS (CDG)

EI520 DUB0700-0950CDG 320 1234567
    EI521 CDG1030-1115DUB 320 1234567

ROME FIUMICINO

EI402 DUB1230-1635FCO 320 1234567
    EI403 FCO1725-1950DUB 320 1234567

*Substituted for some days with A320 operating.

Great to see Aer Lingus moving forward towards a return of some flights. Can't be easy for them to plan when the Government don't even seem to be able to decide when we can get a haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

imfml wrote: »
    Great to see Aer Lingus moving forward towards a return of some flights. Can't be easy for them to plan when the Government don't even seem to be able to decide when we can get a haircut.

I understand the sentiments in respect to the Government uncertainty and illogic, but what about other destinations In which they have been selling seats yet may not be running the flights and have not been reimbursing vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

These are the only routes which are bookable

Most others are zero'd till Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Anyone know why some Aer Lingus staff are currently protesting outside Siptu's Liberty Hall? Is to vote in favour or against the Aer Lingus proposals?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Anyone know why some Aer Lingus staff are currently protesting outside Siptu's Liberty Hall? Is to vote in favour or against the Aer Lingus proposals?

Siptu accepted company proposal without a staff vote. Irrelevant now as no agreement from Fórsa means offer is now off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Siptu accepted company proposal without a staff vote. Irrelevant now as no agreement from Fórsa means offer is now off the table.

Seems like they gave a ridiculously short time frame to accept. Not even enough time to have a legal ballot. Yet they give the pilots way more time? Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Get a grip , do you self isolate after going fo the shops? You want zero risk , lock yourself away and dont come into contact with anyone...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Seems like they gave a ridiculously short time frame to accept. Not even enough time to have a legal ballot. Yet they give the pilots way more time? Baffling.
    Yup. Apparently EI wanted agreement by Friday (hence the reports in the media last Friday)

But it seems the unions only received the document ON Friday. The mgmt presented it to them without any intent of "hashing it out".
    It was "here's the plan, ye all have to agree to it"
    I was told that Forsa (the union taking a ballot) had a meeting with EI mgmt on Saturday.
    They had held briefings with their members on Friday to guage the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Qprmeath wrote: »

I dont think its irrelevant, its absoloutley disgraceful, not suprising in the slightest. Im sure siptu would have found a spine if they were representing the public sector.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just deleted yet more off topic posts. This is the Aer Lingus Fleet and routes thread, NOT yet another Covid discussion, there are plenty of places here and in other fora to argue about what is right or wrong about how Covid is being managed.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement

SIPTU's response to their members (predominantly Aer Lingus workers on the ground) did not gauge the mood, and they accepted a proposal on their behalf.

Their members protested the Dublin Airport office yesterday and proceeded to Liberty Hall today, SIPTU then changed their tact last night describing Aer Lingus actions' as unacceptable, even though they were privy to it hours earlier. The Cabin Crew union FORSA created a sea change in mood, members are furious at Management's action across the board.

CEO referred to this in a video to employees last night and then the organisation had the gall to release a statement to RTÉ later on it, cringe worthy stuff!

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/news/extremely-regrettable-aer-lingus-chief-disappointed-at-leaked-document-for-changes-to-workplace-practices/ar-BB15vXgN?li=BBr5KbJ

Advertisement