Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

These are the only routes which are bookable

Most others are zero'd till Aug

As of today. Some were bookable a few weeks back. And the times on that post do not necessarily tally with the flights they have been selling. I suppose my trust in the company is heading down a sharp mountain (but waiting on a voucher for 13 weeks will do that to you). If they cancel any more flights then I will be seeking refunds and doing chargebacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What's the next course of action then? Strike - surely EI can't risk that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Mc Love wrote: »

Can the unions? I see FR has today announced a Düsseldorf service from Dublin. If EI strike now O’Leary and friends will clean up.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Nobody can afford to strike and that includes both sides. EI need to set realistic goals, TWSS supports the majority of their workers up to Aug 2020 the attitude of accept or else is boring to most if it wasn't used all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Nobody can afford to strike and that includes both sides. EI need to set realistic goals, TWSS supports the majority of their workers up to Aug 2020 the attitude of accept or else is boring to most if it wasn't used all the time.

Bullying more accurate. And Ingrid Miley gets far too much information before staff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I would have thought the opposite is true.

I can't think of any time in recent history where the unions have been in a weaker position.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Ingrid Miley gets far too much information before staff.

Absoloutely, needless to say if Aer Lingus wish to conduct their business in the public sphere so be it, but it is a reflection on them and the consequences of it too.

Absoloutely, needless to say if Aer Lingus wish to conduct their business in the public sphere so be it, but it is a reflection on them and the consequences of it too.

I don’t think too many people are paying attention in the public sphere, so if EI are going that route then they are playing to a nearly empty stadium. You’ll always get the few Union begrudgers who’ll shout the loudest, but at the end of the day it’s people’s lives and families we are talking about.

FWIW - if it achieves anything at all

Stop Aer Lingus Covid 19 Unfair Recovery Plan

I don’t think too many people are paying attention in the public sphere, so if EI are going that route then they are playing to a nearly empty stadium. You’ll always get the few Union begrudgers who’ll shout the loudest, but at the end of the day it’s people’s lives and families we are talking about.

I'd agree wholeheartedly with your latter comments, however if Corporate Business ever cared about people’s lives and families, we wouldn't enter this constant roundabout, employees go by numbers and emotion doesn't come into it - That's another topic for debate possibly.

I'd have to disagree with your first premise, you'll note occasions previously where for example Ryanair took out full page adverts to facedown pilots unionising etc corporates use media coverage to set their agenda's and EI has shown this previously and up to this day. My point was if EI a week prior to launching a get back flying campaign want to have this as a pretext that is wholly on them, setting an unnecessary collision path with unrealistic goals when in reality the measures will have no immediate effect on cash burn if they were enacted tomorrow. The government continues to support the majority of its payroll a lot of costs have reduced, but I would accept the company is continuing to burn cash which is not sustainable and again would point out that I believe industrial action would serve nobody well right now.

The difference in how they are treating their pilots some of their highest paid employees against their lower paid ones is shameful and to pass it off as their paid monthly as to the reasoning is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

https://joepriesaviation.net/photoalbum/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-3&pid=13138#top_display_media

Would there not be a market for those business class seats? They cant be cheap. Or at the very least cover them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Strange they were not recovered as they should fit on the A321

The A321 has a slightly different model of the seat with the three point seat belt, but you would imagine it could have been recovered for parts or sent back to Thomson Aero for retro fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

https://joepriesaviation.net/photoalbum/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-3&pid=13138#top_display_media

Would there not be a market for those business class seats? They cant be cheap. Or at the very least cover them over.

Which 757 is it anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sherology

I'm shocked!!! What a waste.

cson wrote: »
    Which 757 is it anyone know?

It says it below the photo

Before this, probably yes. But now I doubt it.I'd say the market is saturated and the cost of recovery, shipping and refitting makes it worthless. All new aircraft will be equipped from factory fresh. EI have finished retrofitting their fleet and again probably don't want to recycle old seats when they can have new ones. New ones were probably bulk bought as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

sherology wrote: »
    I'm shocked!!! What a waste.

Those things are worth a fortune, they're a very popular seat in service with many operators.
    They'll definitely have a value in the salvage market, if only for spares.
    I'm guessing the reason they've cut the opening in the crown skin is so they can extract them with a crane rather than try and lump them out through the doors.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I'm guessing the reason they've cut the opening in the crown skin is so they can extract them with a crane rather than try and lump them out through the doors.
    Sounds plausible. That hole isn't much good to extract galley fittings. And Y class seats Prob aren't worth much for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tenger wrote: »
    Sounds plausible. That hole isn't much good to extract galley fittings. And Y class seats Prob aren't worth much for parts.

Y Class seats were in bad shape in the 757s in my experience.

Flew LBT a few times out of IAD, only 22 years old too.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

500 jobs to go at Aer Lingus

• Advertisement

Qprmeath wrote: »
    500 jobs to go at Aer Lingus

Where did you pull that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Where did you pull that from?

It’s a video all staff received this afternoon, looking at redundancy of up to 500 employees.

Playing hardball with Government at lack of clarity for the Aviation Sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Playing hardball with Government at lack of clarity for the Aviation Sector.

Unfortunately I dont think so, looking long term and the best interests of the country, the government would be reckless to allow foreign travel when there are so many ****shows still in effect. We are in a good place and we cant jeopradise it.
    This doesnt rule out some form of government intervention tho, which I think is inevitable in such a descision, but they are going to require a smaller aer lingus to make it workable.

The US seems to be getting worse not better so that's TA flights ruled out. The UK is close enough that there should be no travel there either.

kona wrote: »
    Unfortunately I dont think so, looking long term and the best interests of the country, the government would be reckless to allow foreign travel when there are so many ****shows still in effect. We are in a good place and we cant jeopradise it.
    This doesnt rule out some form of government intervention tho, which I think is inevitable in such a descision, but they are going to require a smaller aer lingus to make it workable.

Job cuts are required I'm not refuting that, there is a hardline against the government however the title on the internal video says it all effectively support us or it gets worse.

I agree regarding the states, it's a shambles over there and any European country us included risks all efforts by flying there with open borders.

Job cuts are required I'm not refuting that, there is a hardline against the government however the title on the internal video says it all effectively support us or it gets worse.

I agree regarding the states, it's a shambles over there and any European country us included risks all efforts by flying there with open borders.

Absoloutley, all staff should resist any sort of management and union nonsense. The 500 people and maybe more who are facing a job loss should be treated with the respect they deserve and be afforded every help and support available to them.
    When things settle and grow again then there will be roles available for them with terms and conditions which reflect their jobs and hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

To be fair the government is hopelessly slow opening up markets that are in the same place or better than us in controlling spread.

No reason why we can't open up to Austria, Switzerland, Greece, Denmark, Belgium, Germany...even Italy is in a far different place to where it was and certainly doesn't present the risk it did.

I'd like to see them more proactive and act faster on picking countries to open up. Instead they are issuing blanket quarantines on everyone.

One size doesn't fit all particularly in Europe.

To be fair the government is hopelessly slow opening up markets that are in the same place or better than us in controlling spread.

No reason why we can't open up to Austria, Switzerland, Greece, Denmark, Belgium, Germany...even Italy is in a far different place to where it was and certainly doesn't present the risk it did.

I'd like to see them more proactive and act faster on picking countries to open up. Instead they are issuing blanket quarantines on everyone.

One size doesn't fit all particularly in Europe.
    Unfortunately when they are preoccupied with fluting about on how to assemble enough sycophants to cling to power, little things like that are flung to the side.
    Unfortunately until thats sorted out I cant see anybody in that group having the leadership or balls to make a call like that, could you imagine michael martin even trying to humm n haww his way through such a call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Politics forum...

Advertisement