Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The SE of England may have 36/37 degrees over the weekend but that's to hot...

Saturday here in Ireland will have temperatures up to 23 degrees and Sunday up to 24/25 in the midlands. Get out and enjoy it :)

I’m going to do my first pier jump on Saturday. EEP! I’m terrified but I’M DOING IT! I was in Clare recently and I was so goddamn envious of all the people cannonballing off Doolin pier.

I just need to decide which pier. Can anyone advise? I live in Dublin but I’ll consider neighbouring counties too. What piers are good for jumping? Nothing too choppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

OK I thought yesterday was disappointing but today meant to be 'heatwave' day of 25 degrees but its raining.

Ah well maybe it will take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

I’m going to do my first pier jump on Saturday. EEP! I’m terrified but I’M DOING IT! I was in Clare recently and I was so goddamn envious of all the people cannonballing off Doolin pier.

I just need to decide which pier. Can anyone advise? I live in Dublin but I’ll consider neighbouring counties too. What piers are good for jumping? Nothing too choppy.

Dun Laoghaire Pier often has younger lads jumping off it these days. 40 Foot too (though obviously not technically a pier). Just do it closer to high tide to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The morning sounding from southern England shows how hot it's going to be there today. The boundary layer should warm out to give about mid-30s surface temperature later this afternoon away from coasts. The same Friday conditions again at Silverstone.

522348.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

usual grey sky with misty rain this morning, dont know why I was expecting anything different but its depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

What a change today. Warm rain and plenty of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

US2 wrote: »
    usual grey sky with misty rain this morning, dont know why I was expecting anything different but its depressing

same here in Wexford. i've given up on summer at this stage, hopefully september will be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely morning in south Laois. Rather cloudy up until 10.30am and then good sunny spells since. Feeling quite mild in the very light breeze. Temperatures are 21°c at midday.

Looking at the UK and developing cloud over the Southampton bay area looks like it will cover in the London area supressing temperatures there during the afternoon - so probably 33°c or 34°c there as opposed to the 36°c forecasted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

disappointing again today, wet morning here in Meath with showers and obviously no sunshine whatsoever. Temperature 19C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dull damp morning but cloud breaking up now with some nice, cheery summer sunshine with a welcome drop in humidity. Was 95%+ all night and this morning, now dropped to 66%.

New Moon

• Advertisement

AWS peaked at 23.3°c (Usually the screen measures slightly higher).

Something of a squall line of cloud moving slowly east:

images.php?country=gb&sat=vis&1220912561562

522364.png

Very thin weather front! Front edge and back edge highlighted!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

brightened up here in Meath with some sunshine finally and a temperature of 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Grand day in North Clare, had rain earlier this morning but it cleared eastwards. Sun breaking through which will probably be that case for the rest of the country as the day goes on.

People giving out about rain didn't see the forecast obviously, it was expected but a reasonable run of weather due. No need to be dramatically writing it off just yet.

Cold front crossing and winds backed NW...

windd.png

temp.png

...notable temperature drop with it.

South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Beautiful sunshine in Dublin now.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Beautiful sunshine in Dublin now.

yep, big improvement here in Meath over the past hour too after a dismal morning earlier on. Temperatures have now lifted up to 22C here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Very hot in Cork today, proper summer heat. Sweating indoors let alone outside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

It is roasting!!!!!!!!

Yipee bring it on. Also the weekend so most people should be able to get out + enjoy it!

Heathrow is of course currently out in front again on 36.3 °C at 3 pm. Next is St. James' Park on 35.5 °C.

522380.png

• Advertisement

And if you want to see why most personal stations in back gardens are usually not to be trusted, here is the map of amateur stations. Several degrees higher again than the official ones.

522385.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,282 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well it's pretty warm (hot) in the sun here in North Dublin at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A beautiful day in Castlebar, 21.4c currently with a nice gentle breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Phoenix park in Dublin seems to be the warmest location in Ireland again, so often seems to be. 24 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Brightened up at about 3.00pm. Nice to see the sun.
    BTW the forecast I saw said the rain would be much earlier than it was.

back to fully cloudy again in Meath and temperatures dropped back to 19C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Phoenix park in Dublin seems to be the warmest location in Ireland again, so often seems to be. 24 degrees.

Yeah, Dublin seems to have two extremes.

PP often generating the highest temps during the day and DA posting some of the coldest at night.

Despite the cool summer so far, PP was 0.6 degrees ABOVE average in June and only 0.3 below average for July.

According to ME, in the 44 months since January 2017, PP has been below average for 9 months. For DA it’s 18. It’s a big difference.

compsys wrote: »
    Yeah, Dublin seems to have two extremes.

PP often generating the highest temps during the day and DA posting some of the coldest at night.

Despite the cool summer so far, PP was 0.6 degrees ABOVE average in June and only 0.3 below average for July.

According to ME, in the 44 months since January 2017, PP has been below average for 9 months. For DA it’s 18. It’s a big difference.

Phoenix Park is well under the Dublin UHI effect. Similar to many of the stations inside the M25 around London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Here we are saying its roasting and it only around 20 degrees and its nearly double that over in england...its only few miles away but they might aswell be in Africa the temperture difference is that much...anyway they can have it...our temperatures are much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Here we are saying its roasting and it only around 20 degrees and its nearly double that over in england...its only few miles away but they might aswell be in Africa the temperture difference is that much...anyway they can have it...our temperatures are much better

Today anyway !!

Clouds eventually gone in East Clare, nice and warm now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement