Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Very dark..lights on in my kitchen
    To quote MT weather report.......low scudding cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Skies began to clear here from 10.30am onwards, some generous sunshine now in South Laois. The breeze though is taking the niceness off the day, a persistent 10mph-12mph flow from the southwest with gusts between 20mph and 25mph.

Temperatures ranging 21°c to 22°c responding to the sun shine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some very heavy rain here last night, it woke me up several times to the noise of water splashing on the ground from the gutters. This afternoon is warm, sunny but breezy and a temperature of 23C which is warmer than any day I had in July already.

Phoenix Park currently 24C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rotten day in West cork, foggy, then misty, grey skies and gusty. Near the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Out on Skerries. The wind is unbelievable. Only ever seen the likes of it in winter. Its actually blowing away our icecreams!

Its bit mad because sun is out so warm but then not because of breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Out on Skerries. The wind is unbelievable. Only ever seen the likes of it in winter. Its actually blowing away our icecreams!

Its bit mad because sun is out so warm but then not because of breeze.

very windy here in Meath too, a very unusual combination of mostly sunny skies, temperatures getting close to mid twenties and very strong winds which feels like a hairdryer. Usually I would only feel these sort of conditions on a windy day in southern Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Absolutely glorious day in limerick, very little cloud. Not sure of temperature but its hot, and what little breeze is there is warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very pleasant 24 degrees at the Phoenix park at 3pm compared to a dark wet belmullet at 16 degrees.

Lots of issues on boards,taking them a while to fix. People will start leaving soon id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Today is another good contender for worst day of the whole summer around here, no let up whatsoever since I woke this morning. Constant heavy rain, frequent torrential bursts, low visibility and strong gusty winds. Won't be venturing outside today but I suspect there'll be a lot of flooding by this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Today is another good contender for worst day of the whole summer around here, no let up whatsoever since I woke this morning. Constant heavy rain, frequent torrential bursts, low visibility and strong gusty winds. Won't be venturing outside today but I suspect there'll be a lot of flooding by this evening

cripes

it's very very warm here in North Dublin - wind is like facing a hair dryer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Windy very windy actually and mainly cloudy it’s mild all right which is something I suppose. It’s been an incredibly windy summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Nice day yesterday and thankfully got the grass cut because it is rain of biblical proportions for the last 3 hrs here.

To quote myself, it's now after 4pm and it's still raining heavily.

Since I got up this morning, bar maybe 15mins, it's been raining.

Practically non-stop for 7hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not sure if that rainfall warning issued for Galway earlier is warranted at all. Front closing in here and it is bringing nothing but some light drizzle that isn't even registering in the bucket, and the bulk of the rain overnight and tomorrow (which the latest 06z run has the small risk of thunder with) looks to be a mostly Munster and Leinster event. The wind is of far more concern here to be honest. I've seen wind warnings issued in winter for less.

New Moon

Is says wind is currently 38km hour here in Skerries.

I've counted 6 dropped/ blown away ice creams.

Kids still having fun anyway!

I notice Met Eureann has small craft warning + that it will reach force 6/7 on coast.

It is so gusty here! Getting a bit dangerous. I've seen one of those stell barriers fall over.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

The goals which were pegged and weighted with rocks have blown over in back garden in south mayo
    HORRIBLE DAY

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Not sure if that rainfall warning issued for Galway earlier is warranted at all. Front closing in here and it is bringing nothing but some light drizzle that isn't even registering in the bucket, and the bulk of the rain overnight and tomorrow (which the latest 06z run has the small risk of thunder with) looks to be a mostly Munster and Leinster event. The wind is of far more concern here to be honest. I've seen wind warnings issued in winter for less.

100% agree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just hit 25C here, feeling very warm in the breeze. All my pots outside totally dried out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

clouded over here in Meath and starting to feel fresher, winds still very gusty but it did get close to 24C here earlier when it was lovely and sunny. Still feeling mild with a current temperature of 21C.

Plenty of bins blown over in our area as well as leaves and twigs on the ground. Today's wind is more like something i'd expect in the Autumn from a yellow wind warning.

Back home now + lovely + sheltered in back garden.

Its actually making me realise just how windy it was in Skerries.

I know there was small marine craft warning but the winds were very strong in cetain areas should have been at least a yellow wind warning.

We do malahide/ portmanock coast road walk a lot + todays wind in Skerries was like something you would get in winter apart from 23 degree heat!

It will be interesting to see what gusts are recorded out to sea for today.

Maybe MetEireann went on a day trip to Skerries aswell?

They have finally issued a status yellow Gale Warning although seems to be only for Irish Sea/Marine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Weather deteriorated quickly in West cork near the coast (it was already pretty bad). Starting to rain now and winds have picked up to be almost if not gale force. Real winter feel atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful sunshine here in S Wexford now after dull afternoon. Bloody windy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Todays max temperatures

Phoenix Park 24.1 degrees
    Oak Park 23.5
    Casement 23.3
    Dublin airport 23.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

20.1c here in D14 at midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Not surprisingly some major flooding around the county this evening. Awful day.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2020/08/04/west-donegal-hit-with-widespread-flooding/

raining here in Meath and very warm night time rain it is too. It feels warmer outside than it does in my house at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    raining here in Meath and very warm night time rain it is too. It feels warmer outside than it does in my house at the moment.

Gonzo, you really need to get pumped insulation or something. Your house never seems to get warm. It's by now means warm outside so if it's feeling warmer outside than inside, I don't want to think what it feels like indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭eon1208

Any definite predictions on rainfall due Friday. Is it hit or miss or widespread. Can any place expect to stay dry. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

19c and over 80% humidity, not an ideal morning to be on bus wearing a mask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

East galway. Pouring rain for last few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement