Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

This weather is FAR too hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

degsie wrote: »

G
    E
    T
    O
    U
    T
    O
    F
    I
    T:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

degsie wrote: »

For penquins maybe.
    Today had a max of 23c so FAR too hot is a bit of an exaggeration.

Lovely clear night out now but only 9c out now.
    The Perseid meteor shower is due to peak on Tuesday night but there'll probably be plenty of cloud about by then so its worth heading out now for a look before the moon rises.
    Saw a couple of nice bright ones earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Saw a few meteorites here already tonight (in Sardinia). Pretty much clear skies every night here.

Utterly blissful day in Louth , swimming in the sea, eating in the garden , same again tomorrow and most of next week ......and I’m off work ...yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Between 14 and 15 degrees here in Salthill, Galway, absolutely sweltering for me in the house, fantastic weather all around for the weekend so far. Made a few quid in the busking on the promenade. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Saw a few meteorites here already tonight (in Sardinia). Pretty much clear skies every night here.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Warmest temps, in terms of mean max, so far this month (up to yester) are those of Phoenix Park (21.5c) and Oak Park (21.1c). West coast doing very poorly once again however with Belmullet just on 17.3c and Mace Hd even lower at 17.1c. Nationwide average is 19.1c, which is close to average for the first third of August.

Data fwom Met Eireann.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cloudy start in Kildare. Was expecting clearer skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Likewise in Donegal, 100% overcast this morning. Hopefully it might brighten up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

Likewise in Donegal, 100% overcast this morning. Hopefully it might brighten up

Same in Sligo. Was sunny but now cloudy. It's never sunny after a sunny Saturday is it?

Still 17c currently is warmer than over 20 days in July managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Roasting down here in cork city, not a spec of a cloud to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Very warm in wexford now. Was nice and cool earlier on this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Fairly cloudy where I am by the coast in Dublin and cool enough too.

My iPhone weather app was showing cloudy conditions for Sunday since Saturday morning but Met E were still going for a beautifully sunny day until this morning when they looked out the window I guess.

Forecasting sea, mist and cloud on “sunny” days is one of Met E’s biggest weaknesses imo.

I’d imagine it’s difficult given our island location but the BBC and others seem to get it right way more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely day again in Castlebar today, a bit more cloud about but still 22.1C already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

alentejo wrote: »
    Miserable day today. I fear for the summer. 2/3 months of blocking highs. Looks like the Atlantic will dominate for the next 3 months

Posted on June 6th.
    Have you any lottery numbers......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Disappointing day in NCD so far given the forecast.

Cloudy all morning + cool bbreeze.no sign of the sun. Currently 16 degrees.

Today was meant to be best day. Not complaining as yesterday was fab but glad we got out to enjoy it then + didnt wait for today. As we all know in Ireland you take the good days when you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

appledrop wrote: »
    Disappointing day in NCD so far given the forecast.

Cloudy all morning + cool bbreeze.no sign of the sun. Currently 16 degrees.

Today was meant to be best day. Not complaining as yesterday was fab but glad we got out to enjoy it then + didnt wait for today. As we all know in Ireland you take the good days when you can!

Think it speaks volumes that yesterday was Dublin's sunniest August day in 10 years in terms of total sunshine hours..

It was nice while it lasted. Wesht is best today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well cloudy so far in Leitrim. In fact it's getting cloudier and the temp has dropped. Very disappointing but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Amazing day in West cork again, sunny and warm/very warm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Melting in East Clare, every now and then you get the slightest of breeze to cool you down..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Chilling in the sun with a nice pint of coors, good times

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

That is some stubborn cloud over Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

22.2c in Sligo but cloudy. Met Eireann had 26c max temp for today. I dont even see 24c . 23c Newport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Gray in Dublin. But yesterday was just phenomenal. Stephen's Green in the sun :D Never knew you could booze there so openly. Great to see some common sense prevail

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unreal day again in the wesht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Sun has been shining on and off in Dublin 5, very pleasant if not the full on sunshine of yesterday. Shannon currently the warmest spot in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

We haven't seen the sun at all in North Couty Dublin. Very thick cloud cover all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

appledrop wrote: »
    We haven't seen the sun at all in North Couty Dublin. Very thick cloud cover all day.

Yes. Very disappointing day in Dublin. I had a feeling it would be cloudy in the morning but I thought the sun would break through. As a result a fair bit cooler than yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was one of the best days of the year, today a complete disappointment, grey all day and slightly cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement