Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Feels like someone left the oven on and door open in Dublin this morning! 22.2c atm in Dublin 16 and sun is not even out.

Sure does. How I’ve missed this kind of weather. Great to wear the shorts again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Feeling tropical in Kildare this morning with a very warm sun just managing to stay out with the increasing cloud from the dreaded front.

Britain being spoiled today with clear skies, although the potential 35c heat may not be too nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

22C here with an onshore breeze, don't have that too often, thanks UK!

521618.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

enjoy it its lashing in Sligo 15c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very heavy rain. 15C. I'd imagine some roads are flooded at this stage.
    Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very dark gloomy morning again starting to rain now. Lights on in the house. Total **** show of a summer. No good weather since the last bank holiday of note an odd day here and there. Pathetic and stuck here then because of C19.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

21 degrees in Wicklow + stunning!

We better enjoy it as hear rain is on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Thunder in the Midlands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10am
    Casement 22 degrees
    Phoenix Park 22 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have a guess what the weather is like in north Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely and warm at the moment in Dublin but not to last

England baking again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

NIMAN wrote: »

tropical?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The weather at Heathrow at 1020am
    Metar

EGLL 310920Z AUTO 10007KT 070V130 9999 NCD 31/08 Q1011 NOSIG

31 degrees,no clouds detected,light easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17 degrees and cloudy in Cork City again at the moment. Pretty much the exact same as yesterday. More humid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

So more underwhelming mixed weather for the next while it looks like.

Felt lovely this morning, nice and balmy with the sun almost breaking through but cloudy and dark as winter now. MT's forecast is for some improvement the end of next week. Hopefully pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Tuesday look like it could be the worst day yet with 27mm of rain forecast for the midlands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

NIMAN wrote:

Was out early this morning at Fanad, lovely dramatic skys where the sun peeped out for about 10 minutes.
    Nice for a few minutes before the deluge started.

Next few days look very depressing, although maybe a glimmer of hope for the 2nd week in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A nice dry and bright morning in Castlebar touching 19C, we could see some heavy downpours in the afternoon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Beautiful warm day in Dublin

Just finished lashing in Sligo

Still very dark and cold

Ah well. Thats it. Summer over for another year.

Tomorrows August. Remember how wet they are.

• Advertisement

Current temperatures

London Heathrow 33c
    Inverness 25c
    Pheonix Park 23c
    Sligo 15c:(

Hang on 25 In Scotland, that’s worthy of a press release. I spent a whole summer in Edinburgh and I don’t think it went over 20 once
    pauldry wrote: »
    Current temperatures

London Heathrow 33c
    Inverness 25c
    Pheonix Park 23c
    Sligo 15c:(

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

That rain front was supposed to weaken by the time it got to Dublin. Torrential rain now. Very quick onset

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Savage downpour there in D24, thunder and lightning. Felt like I was in SE Asia for a few minutes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very heavy rain (big drops too) and thunder in Dublin 5. I can remember 4 days with thunder this year, which is more than any other year that I can remember (taking into account the fact that I usually don't spend summers in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Hang on 25 In Scotland, that’s worthy of a press release. I spent a whole summer in Edinburgh and I don’t think it went over 20 once

I think Scotland, or the eastern part of it anyway, has had a nicer summer than most of Ireland. I'm fairly sure I remember I read they had their hottest June day on record in June (30.8c I think?). The Foehn effect helps boost temperatures there, I even notice this on the temperature charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If I was imagining how Irish politics would work, I would imagine that 99% of all proposals, discussions, plans and debates were about how to improve people's lives in respect to the weather. Absolutely everything else combined would make up the remaining 1% - because if this is the weather you must sit through, what is the point in anything else? Everyone could become a millionaire overnight and that would not do anything to your qualify of life if there's nothing to be done about the weather.

Don’t think so, I am In Scotland a lot (not this year obviously). The weather is atrocious there
    Artane2002 wrote: »
    I think Scotland, or the eastern part of it anyway, has had a nicer summer than most of Ireland. I'm fairly sure I remember I read they had their hottest June day on record in June (30.8c I think?). The Foehn effect helps boost temperatures there, I even notice this on the temperature charts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Artane2002 wrote: »

eastern Scotland can often do better than us in the summer as they can draw up the heat from the south easier than we can. It was the same last July, they had mid to high twenties while we had high teens to low 20s.

Was hoping for some warm sunshine yesterday didn't happen and today didn't happen either. Currently pouring rain yet again and there is thunder with it too so another poor day here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

current temperatures across Ireland and the UK,

Many parts of the UK +14C warmer than most parts of Ireland.

temp_uk.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement