Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,911 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Torrential shower passing through Dublin 15 just now, rain rate exceeded 80mm/hr for about 5 mins

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Melting again, I can't take this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Must have followed me home last night, you're welcome!

Ok it's bucketing down now. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

It will become very windy on Wednesday night and throughout the day on Thursday. Severe gusts are likely and there is a risk of some disruption.

Due to the combination of storm surge, spring tides and onshore winds there is a potential risk of coastal flooding.

Valid: 21:00 Wednesday 19/08/2020 to 23:59 Thursday 20/08/2020

Issued: 15:00 Tuesday 18/08/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Torrential shower passing through Dublin 15 just now, rain rate exceeded 80mm/hr for about 5 mins

Don't think I've ever seen a shower go from zero to downpour so quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

More heavy showers incoming for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavens have opened in Naas

127mm/hr

9-C3-F7254-4-BBB-429-C-969-B-717-FCCC9-EF54.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its has turned into a cracker of an evening here in Castlebar. Clear blue skies and nice warm sunshine

Why are they calling the incoming weather unseasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Its has turned into a cracker of an evening here in Castlebar. Clear blue skies and nice warm sunshine[/QUOTE
    It was also a cracker of a morning for climbing the Reek after the last of the overnight rain finally pushed off. A light shower or two bubbled up in the early afternoon but a nice evening again in Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Got home today from just the 3.5 weeks ;) in the Med and went to get some shopping in Celbridge. Couldn't walk to the car due to the rain shower, yet it was bone dry when I got home the other side of the village.

The grass badly needs a haircut at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

beautiful day in cork. sunny and a slight warm breeze. enjoying it while it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Got home today from just the 3.5 weeks ;) in the Med and went to get some shopping in Celbridge. Couldn't walk to the car due to the rain shower, yet it was bone dry when I got home the other side of the village.

The grass badly needs a haircut at this stage.

You mean you didn't self isolate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

degsie wrote: »
    You mean you didn't self isolate :eek:

Greenlist country, but I still wore a mask

Greenlist country, but I still wore a mask

Just do the right thing and resign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

US2 wrote: »
    The storm this weekend is looking like a red alert warning is it? I seen it mentioned 110 MPH gusts for Cork .

Looks like I was the first person anywhere to issue a red warning.. might start up a weather alert Facebook page..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Pouring all morning here in NCD.

Like winter again, I'm back to drying clothes all around house!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

I’m having the worst day of allergies, left eye and nose haven’t stopped running all morning. Wondering if the humidity and rain are contributing, unlikely to be the usual hay fever given the amount of rain that’s fallen the past week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Pouring all morning here in NCD.

Like winter again, I'm back to drying clothes all around house!

being doing that most of the summer anyway, certainly second half of June and all of July and now the second half of August!

Beginning to wonder when will I get to cut the lawn next, hasn't been cut in 5 days due to wet ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    being doing that most of the summer anyway, certainly second half of June and all of July and now the second half of August!

Beginning to wonder when will I get to cut the lawn next, hasn't been cut in 5 days due to wet ground.

I cut mine on sunday, no problems with ground at all, very cloudy here today, not much rain, light and patchy auld stuff, but its getting breezy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A much wetter day in Dublin than I was expecting! 10.0mm so far today in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I’m having the worst day of allergies, left eye and nose haven’t stopped running all morning. Wondering if the humidity and rain are contributing, unlikely to be the usual hay fever given the amount of rain that’s fallen the past week.

I'm the same myself since last night, suffer from hay-fever also but yeah runny nose and watering eyes are acting up big time at the moment. We must be walking storm detectors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wet in Cork City, got the bus down to west cork then and dry (besides a few floods left over from before). Very heavy and warm air though. Not a breeze either

Absolutely manky in Dublin. It's hard to believe it's August, although it shouldn't be hard to believe really this being Ireland!
    Great weather for quarantining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Wet + windy in south wexford, everything put away. Remember when they were talking about hosepipe bans and drought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Foggy in Dublin 5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It’s beautiful out there, might throw the BBQ on.

In the microclimate of Dublin 5 it feels like walking through a warm cloud in my front garden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wet + windy in south wexford, everything put away. Remember when they were talking about hosepipe bans and drought?

I was only talking about this with my father this evening. We were saying wait until you see Irish Water will be out with boil water notices because no doubt flooding will lead to some of drinking water getting contaminated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible night out there, lashing heavy rain here in meath, not much wind though yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement