Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭crisco10

Lots of nervous chatter here...

Tis unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

crisco10 wrote: »
    Lots of nervous chatter here...

Tis unreal!

At least you're definitely not overthinking clockwise vs anticlockwise eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

ReeReeG wrote: »

Direction is the easy part.

Wait till you have three separate courses laid out depending on the time of day you run and the weather to account for traffic, shade and footfall while at the same time not taking the P!ss with elevation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

So... you know the way it's really annoying when people post in a thread that's been going for pages and ask questions that have definitely already been answered? Yeah? This totally isn't that..... but... what are the rules around route again???

I know it was out and back or one big loop, but did it change to allow a point-to-point as long as it's not net elevation loss, or only a tiny bit? We're taking elevation as measured on Garmin right? Starting to think I should probably have picked a route (or three, like some people :p) before now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

eyrie wrote: »
    So... you know the way it's really annoying when people post in a thread that's been going for pages and ask questions that have definitely already been answered? Yeah? This totally isn't that..... but... what are the rules around route again???

I know it was out and back or one big loop, but did it change to allow a point-to-point as long as it's not net elevation loss, or only a tiny bit? We're taking elevation as measured on Garmin right? Starting to think I should probably have picked a route (or three, like some people :p) before now :pac:

You don't have a route :eek:

From the 2 very strict organizers ;)

Course: Wherever you want it to be! 2 simple rules (because I know B would be upset if I went all soft) are that there are no multiple loop courses or net downhill miles going to be included in results. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

From my perspective the rules can all be handled with one sentence "if you think your route is taking the piss then you're probably taking the piss".

In all honesty me and S won't have time to trawl through elevation profiles. There's gonna be 100 results to find, tabulate and cut the data so that'll be time consuming enough.

So no small loops,Track loops are OK.

Point to point isn't the end of the world but be honest with yourself. If the wind is at your back for a mile then why bother? If there's a 100m drop in profile, then why bother?

I'm speaking on behalf of myself. Maybe S might get notions after a few beers. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

In all honesty me and S won't have time to trawl through elevation profiles. There's gonna be 100 results to find, tabulate and cut the data so that'll be time consuming enough.

I'm off work until next Thursday. Time is not an issue :D There won't be any pisstaking routes appearing on the Roll of Honour be that overall, age category or age grading. I haven't been a b0llix this long to suddenly turn nice! :rolleyes:
    I'm speaking on behalf of myself. Maybe S might get notions after a few beers. Haha.

Pre beers S has his mind made up already! ;)

Edit: The only pisstaking that will be allowed is if anyone is fooked after 800m and needs to take a rest break. Just post on Strava that you encountered an infantry batallion and we will, out of the kindness of our good hearts, make an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

You don't have a route :eek:
    You might say I was avoiding thinking about this whole event... :(
    From my perspective the rules can all be handled with one sentence "if you think your route is taking the piss then you're probably taking the piss".

So no small loops,Track loops are OK.

Point to point isn't the end of the world but be honest with yourself. If the wind is at your back for a mile then why bother? If there's a 100m drop in profile, then why bother?
    Grand, that all sounds reasonable. Better just pick something so!
    Maybe S might get notions after a few beers. Haha.
    Oh he might well! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭crisco10

ReeReeG wrote: »

Being honest, most of the thought went into which one is anticlockwise and which is clockwise...

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Pre beers S has his mind made up already!

Should we not be abstaining from beers :p

• Advertisement

Most people do but it's well known that 4 crafties are part of my prerace routine...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

probably but won't happen!!

Getting nervous now myself, decided it was a good idea to bring the family along for moral support and a day out with some action, I know i'm going to regret that decision....Maybe they will all be tired tomorrow and I can slink off on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Guide to running the mile
    21150452_2020313144867395_1926625271250556634_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ZxPDZiVE2PwAX_pdx75&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=75a52c91b261407e9c300d90567a873f&oe=5EF5BB23

My prep last night
    514651.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Good luck everyone! I did my Raheny Shamrock league mile this morning around 7 - GLAD TO HAVE IT OVER!!

Run hard, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Pre hydration beers are in the fridge (some Hazy Jane Brewdog).....can only be taken when the back garden walls are done.....supposedly the Boards TT does not get in the way or work getting done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

With all the predictions now in, Clubber Lang has weighed in with his own for everyone

Great insight for a fictional boxer in fairness

Well never let it be said that I don't jump on bandwagons ;)

Will have to go get myself some prehydration race bulmers light so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

As I sit here in the garden sipping a nice cold beer that ship has certainly sailed for me!!

Getting my excuses in now:
    Haven't trained for mile races, just been getting the miles in
    It's the OH birthday today so takeaway and beers is order of the day
    I'm a stone overweight (damn you Cadburys)
    Bailed on my last 2 5k TTs so don't know how I'll hold up on this one.

On the other hand never raced a mile before so should be a PB 😠looki g at the forecast gonna use the track for this, mile not marked so will be a measuring tape for the extra 9m

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

DNS for me. Combination of niggly injuries and pure laziness means I've done no running at all. Fun and all is it might be it's probably not advisable to dive back in with a flat out mile effort. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

DNS for me. Combination of niggly injuries and pure laziness means I've done no running at all. Fun and all is it might be it's probably not advisable to dive back in with a flat out mile effort. Best of luck everyone.

Maybe just do a comfortably hard mile to get the mojo back?

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Anyone know where the phrase you bottled it comes from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Pre hydration beers are in the fridge (some Hazy Jane Brewdog).....can only be taken when the back garden walls are done.....supposedly the Boards TT does not get in the way or work getting done!

Hazy Jane....usually a pretty Hazy Johnny here when I drink those. Potent stuff! But delicious... Clockwork Tangerine very nice as well. Got me a couple of those 5L Rascals Yankee IPA kegs for the weekend that's in it :)

IvoryTower wrote: »

Not sure where it comes from but really hope i don't have to use it tomorrow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Must give those Rascals a try heard good things!

healy1835 wrote: »
    Hazy Jane....usually a pretty Hazy Johnny here when I drink those. Potent stuff! But delicious... Clockwork Tangerine very nice as well. Got me a couple of those 5L Rascals Yankee IPA kegs for the weekend that's in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Guide to running the mile
    21150452_2020313144867395_1926625271250556634_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ZxPDZiVE2PwAX_pdx75&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=75a52c91b261407e9c300d90567a873f&oe=5EF5BB23

My prep last night
    514651.JPG

10.5%. My kinda beer.

Its my birthday tomorrow so can I do a downhill metric mile with the wind??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Most of my sub 3 attempts 🀣

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Most of my sub 3 attempts 🀣

TbL

No your sub 3 attempts were called “daydreaming”!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

healy1835 wrote: »

https://untappd.com/b/whiplash-setting-sun/2994774

Have a few of these on ice for when I get home tomorrow afternoon, support Irish beer I say.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

In Cockney rhyming slang bottle means arse (bottle/glass) so to lose your bottle was to lose control of your bowels in fear.
    I may have exaggerated that tale for dramatic effect but could be quiet apt come tomorrow!!

• Advertisement

That's it folks! Entries are closed :D

We will shortly be removing anyone from the Strava group who is not on this list and making the group private so that you know that any runs you see on it tomorrow are connected to the TT.

Fógra: Could you please identify your TT on Strava tomorrow in the run title. It will just make it easier for us when trawling through the many TTs, warm ups, strides and cooldowns which will be on the feed.

We would also ask for a little bit of patience when it comes to results. We are unlikely to be as prompt as the organiser of the previous TT as we fully intend to enjoy tomorrow's sunshine to the full......and possibly a few beers as well. :D

A last reminder...if you're thinking of running Chesterfield Ave in one direction start at the Parkgate end, if you plan on Griffith Avenue start at the Marino end and if you're looking at the Avenue in St Anne's Park then run the Wade lap! :pac::pac: For everyone else...keep it fair and enjoy!

From both of us, a big thank you for your input on the thread. Go out early tomorrow and give it socks. Best of luck to all :)

START LIST

Name |Cat |Prediction|Actual|AG|Adjusted|Sandbag Factor
    career move|F38|6:30||||
    py|M37|6:30||||
    shotgunmcos|M42|5:40||||
    Crisco10|M34|5:30||||
    DeepBlue|M49|6:16||||
    coogy|M47|5:30||||
    Dubh G|M37|4:59||||
    tbukela|M37|6:05||||
    MisterJinx|M43|5:30||||
    TFBubendorfer|M50|5:59||||