Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

pconn062 wrote: »
    My tea cosy was considered a hazardous item in the wind so remained at home in the drawer. I ran 4.42....with a tailwind!

Brilliant. I hadn't spot it on Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

pconn062 wrote: »
    My tea cosy was considered a hazardous item in the wind so remained at home in the drawer. I ran 4.42....with a tailwind!

That’s an incredible time, well done!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

1 - I don't have to do anything else on Strava right? I think Skyblue can see me and that's enough? I don't have to make myself more public? :pac:
    Assuming you've joined the strava group and messaged skyblue with your boards name and Strava name then that's it.
    2 - I just program a mile into the watch, go and stop when it beeps at me (after the little warning beeps)? I don't have to do any extra 0.01 of a mile or anything?
    Yeah, you just have to do a mile but you have to be careful that the route you select doesn't have a significant elevation drop.

Would it be fair to assume that if you found you stopped the watch too late you could use Strava's crop feature to trim off the excess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭woody1

was trying that at the weekend, seems to be a bit of a blunt tool, goes back in 100m increments ..
    was thinking about setting up a 1 mile segment on where i plan to run it and then it should be recorded regardless of whether i stop the watch or not , and if i put a pace on it , it should tell me if im ahead or behind pace ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Assuming you've joined the strava group and messaged skyblue with your boards name and Strava name then that's it.

Yeah, you just have to do a mile but you have to be careful that the route you select doesn't have a significant elevation drop.

Would it be fair to assume that if you found you stopped the watch too late you could use Strava's crop feature to trim off the excess?

Yes, what everyone needs to do is in the first post in the thread. P and I will not be scrolling through our personal feeds to see times of anyone not in the group. We will only look in the Strava group for mile TTs. We will then match real names with the Boards names ye have posted on the group posts or have sent to us via DM. Don't assume we know who you are otherwise. It just takes a couple of minutes to post your Boards name on the Strava group if you haven't already done it. Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GCastelli

Put me in for 5.40. M40. I'll try it on the same route as Itziger and CrazyFred, maybe going off at 2 or 3 minute intervals.

GCastelli wrote: »
    Put me in for 5.40. M40. I'll try it on the same route as Itziger and CrazyFred, maybe going off at 2 or 3 minute intervals.

Boards TT is truly gone international :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Boards TT is truly gone international :D

Any word on Elk1984's status for Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Hi Guys, I need to remove a sandbag. Could you drop me from 5:39 to 5:34. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Weather looking like it could be mid-twenties in The Netherlands on Saturday afternoon for my mile TT, gonna be a foamy affair!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

OOnegative wrote: »
    Weather looking like it could be mid-twenties in The Netherlands on Saturday afternoon for my mile TT, gonna be a foamy affair!!!!

I hear ya B.

The unseasonably good weather has brought turf saving forward a whole month here so my pacer the Massey Ferguson 165 is now out of commission.

My mate has suggested that his elderly aunt runs like clockwork on Saturdays with an early morning trip to town to get the messages in her 94 Toyota Carina E. She never gets out of second gear but I don't know, she operates an extended social distance radius as it is and the sight of me huffing, puffing and sweating in her rear view mirror would surely trigger a move to third gear in a puff of black smoke.

Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Looks warm for much of Ireland for Saturday. The east has been getting the highest temps of late, so we could be looking at 24 in the Greater Dublin area.

Early or late? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Looks warm for much of Ireland for Saturday. The east has been getting the highest temps of late, so we could be looking at 24 in the Greater Dublin area.

Early or late? :cool:

Very early start for me. That way, there'll be nobody around to see me as I pace up and down furiously, telling myself to go through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

coogy wrote: »
    Very early start for me. That way, there'll be nobody around to see me as I pace up and down furiously, telling myself to go through with it.

I'm planning the same, for the exact same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I'm planning the same, for the exact same reasons.

Me too!!

FINAL REMINDER

Having spent some time cross referencing Boards usernames with names on the Strava group we still have a very small number of people here who have either not joined the Strava group or joined it but not posted their Boards usernames.

So....Zebra3, slow_runner, ultrapercy, Yaboya and ahnowbrowncow if you could please join the Strava group and/or identify yourselves on it that would be brilliant.

4 more sleeps!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Having considered my target time (nothing to do with peer pressure) I would like to change my time to 5.10, Go hard or go home time.

Would you stop???? I'm already a bag of nerves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭lulublue22

I really should be revising my time too - from 8:30 to 9:30 😠But what the hell you only live once 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

FINAL REMINDER

Having spent some time cross referencing Boards usernames with names on the Strava group we still have a very small number of people here who have either not joined the Strava group or joined it but not posted their Boards usernames.

So....justdoit, Zebra3, jamule, slow_runner, ultrapercy, EnPassant, annapr, Yaboya and ahnowbrowncow if you could please join the Strava group and/or identify yourselves on it that would be brilliant.

Jamule is mr white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

done

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

With apologies I have to withdraw. I am injured again. Old age is a curse. Good to luck everyone on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OOnegative wrote:

I can just visualise the pool of sweat B. Magnificent......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Having considered my target time (nothing to do with peer pressure) I would like to change my time to 5.10, Go hard or go home time.

My work here is done ;) although the irony of the fact that I have since dropped out of said TT is not lost on me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Or gagging/zombie puking afterwards :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Can the very kind, most excellent TT organisers EVER please adjust my age to 41. Don’t know what I was thinking making myself a year older!!

PS - Ye’re the BEST guys........

Can the very kind, most excellent TT organisers EVER please adjust my age to 41. Don’t know what I was thinking making myself a year older!!

41?? You're only a pup!!! :)

B, it would be an absolute pleasure to make that adjustment for you. :D

41?? You're only a pup!!! :)

I can think of a few more names! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

FINAL REMINDER

So....justdoit, Zebra3, slow_runner, ultrapercy, Yaboya and ahnowbrowncow if you could please join the Strava group and/or identify yourselves on it that would be brilliant.

Apologies to the organisers- was holding out as long as possible to see if I'd be able to run this, but not looking good, so with regret, I'll be a DNS...

Advertisement