Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Deadwood is very good except for the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

mfceiling wrote: »
    Any "men's" shows on Netflix?

I've had to sit through the crown (meh), virgin river (quite possibly the greatest load of shīt ever to grace a TV screen) and tonight she has started Bridgerton (some kind of Victorian shīte about women looking for love). I'm considering going to bed at 7 every night rather than be subjected to this never ending stream of rubbish.

The Last Kingdom if you like Vikings and Saxons fighting each other with a bit of political intrigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

awec wrote: »
    Deadwood is very good except for the ending.

The film did very well considering the limitations tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well that was rather good. We've had a visit from the Mummers. Music and dancing at the Cross. They were visiting an elderly neighbour and it certainly raised her and everyones spirits.

Me waiting on the next expanse to drop

2VUWlyG.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

2VUWlyG.gif

See they're kicking everyone in Ireland off UK primevideo. I wasn't able to watch The Expanse a few years ago on the Irish one, they had to put me on UK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Synode wrote: »
    See they're kicking everyone in Ireland off UK primevideo. I wasn't able to watch The Expanse a few years ago on the Irish one, they had to put me on UK.

Got that mail too. Do they charge Irish customers the same as UK ones? We really are getting shafted with this rubbish.Limited video, no Amazon Music and no stupid-fast-delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hopefully they'd consider setting up an Irish option, wouldn't be surprised if its a fair way down their priority list though

dregin wrote: »
    Got that mail too. Do they charge Irish customers the same as UK ones? We really are getting shafted with this rubbish.Limited video, no Amazon Music and no stupid-fast-delivery.

There is no Irish Prime, you just sign up for the UK one.

You could get next day delivery for years, but since covid things have slowed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

There is no Irish Prime, you just sign up for the UK one.

You could get next day delivery for years, but since covid things have slowed down a bit.

You couldn't get the prime next day delivery in the same way you can in Great Britain. Was a loss when I moved back home!

Nor the 40 minute delivery or whatever they offered in London with Amazon Now

• Advertisement

You couldn't get the prime next day delivery in the same way you can in Great Britain. Was a loss when I moved back home!

Nor the 40 minute delivery or whatever they offered in London with Amazon Now

Actually, it wasn't next day, you are right. If I ordered now I'd have it Thursday I think.

I have had Prime for years but doubt I'll renew unless they sort out deliveries for here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Poo, Schiphol is now requiring negative tests just to transit. And nothing is open on Friday so I need to get it done Sat morning and hope I have the result before my flight Sunday afternoon. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Poo, Schiphol is now requiring negative tests just to transit. And nothing is open on Friday so I need to get it done Sat morning and hope I have the result before my flight Sunday afternoon. Fun times.

RocDoc do 12 hour turnaround tests in the green carpark at Dublin airport for 150 quid. Or they do an express one that takes 5 hours for results for 200 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

RocDoc do 12 hour turnaround tests in the green carpark at Dublin airport for 150 quid. Or they do an express one that takes 5 hours for results for 200 I think.

I love capitalism

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Actually, it wasn't next day, you are right. If I ordered now I'd have it Thursday I think.

I have had Prime for years but doubt I'll renew unless they sort out deliveries for here.

They've definitely improved since they opened the warehouse in / near Dublin. Rathcoole?? I've gotten next day delivery a few times in theblast couple of months. Does Prime count as a service in the contrxt of the brexit agreement, I wonder. Probably. Hoping that'll force them to get a proper Irish offering going

They do but its not a PCR test alas. They don't process their PCR tests on weekends at all (ran into this joyous discovery when getting tested after quarantining on my return home). Have had to go with Randox and just need to hope the results are back before I board.

2VUWlyG.gif

#IcanhasExpanze ?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    #IcanhasExpanze ?

I CAN!

Man. This **** dropping at 0100 CET when I’m not on holidays is going to seriously test my resolve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Watching sky sports news earlier, an in-depth interview re dementia with Geoff Hurst about his teammates from 1966.
    The WHO have said that 5-8% of the general population over the age of 60 suffer from dementia.
    The team of '66 is running at about 46% ..that's frightening

Expanse spoilers
    Slower episode but enjoyable. Loved the entire prison break scene and it was obvious from last week that Konecheck would not only play a part but end up in a scuffle with Amos. Entertaining that when the falling elevator failed to send Konecheck down the shaft he shouted 'you missed again god' only to then be thrown down the shaft by Amos!

Bit bored with the Naomi sub plot.

• Advertisement

Expanse spoilers
    Slower episode but enjoyable. Loved the entire prison break scene and it was obvious from last week that Konecheck would not only play a part but end up in a scuffle with Amos. Entertaining that when the falling elevator failed to send Konecheck down the shaft he shouted 'you missed again god' only to then be thrown down the shaft by Amos!

Bit bored with the Naomi sub plot.
    Yeah, the Naomi plot is a bit boring but its obviously fairly integral to the overall main story. Inaros ain't finished with whatever he is up to. She was never my favourite character anyway though. Hope the crew get back together sooner rather than later as that will help move things on quicker

2VUWlyG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's very weird going back to weekly releases after usually being able to binge as long as you want. Not sure I like it.

I mean, sure it drums up more talk and hype for their series but damn it, I want it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I've episodes 4 and 5 to watch. Very tempted to let all the rest come out before watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

It's very weird going back to weekly releases after usually being able to binge as long as you want. Not sure I like it.

I mean, sure it drums up more talk and hype for their series but damn it, I want it now!

I prefer weekly in some cases. If it's something that I really like then I prefer to keep the story in my mind for longer.

I’ll have the fifth episode watched a second time before the 6th comes out anyway. I think the weekly release is better for me. If this came out all at once, especially over Christmas, I’d stay up til 7am some night watching it all and probably wouldn’t even properly take it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The Garda shooting in Hartstown today is a bad business. Loads of accusations of racism by the Gardai in killing that man. We have zero idea of teh facts right now but social media has gone off on one.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clegg wrote: »
    The Garda shooting in Hartstown today is a bad business. Loads of accusations of racism by the Gardai in killing that man. We have zero idea of teh facts right now but social media has gone off on one.

Let them off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Clegg wrote: »

It’s the second time an ARU have shot dead a man with a knife. I would question how well trained the ARU are if they can’t shoot someone without killing them when they have a knife. Surely it’s possible for a leg shot, shoulder or arm. Somewhere non fatal, if they are trained marksmen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

stephen_n wrote: »
    It’s the second time an ARU have shot dead a man with a knife. I would question how well trained the ARU are if they can’t shoot someone without killing them when they have a knife. Surely it’s possible for a leg shot, shoulder or arm. Somewhere non fatal, if they are trained marksmen.

I don't want to spread rumours, but were non lethal actions not attempted first before the guy went for the guards with a knife in his hand??

Anyway, there will be a inquest and the facts will come out there

Advertisement